Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

I am having Hard drive issues

PITN

My HD seems to have become corrupted. I can't get from the IDE detection at startup to windows. However, if I manualy select the boot disk, I can start windows but it's slow and buggy.

I think I have some bad sectors or something. So if I disappear for awhile, it's because i am pulling my hair out and pissing on XP. ~:(

I have a backup image of my install on a partition on the same drive. Failing that, I'll have to reinstall from scratch. Hope to have this figured out soon and I'll see you on the flip side.

p.s. I may drop by and check on you guys from my PDA. At least that still works. ;)

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

XP is better than Vista and Me. Against my better judgement, I bought Vista when it first came out. That was a total piece of garbage. A resource hogging, net nanny pile of doodoo.

And I absolutely hate fixing computers. It takes hours to diagnose and in the end you need to reinstall everything. I'll end up wasting a full day just to get my essentials and personal settings back on there.

My luck, I'll have hardware failure and need to get a new drive or something.

It was due anyway. I usually reinstall once a year and it looks like it will not let me procrastinate any longer.