Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

PR:BF2 v1.7.0.0

whtz

PR:BF2 v1.7.0.0 Changelog (2022/01/01)
-----------------------
General:

• Updated weapon zoom blur to have higher quality and better performance.
  • Updated the effect rendering distance to have smoke grenades work at edge of view distance.
  • Fixed issue with undergrowth (grass, small plants,...) not rendering correctly on some graphic settings.
  • Fixed several static objects disappearing early when viewed from far away.

Vehicles:

• Added WW2 planes: P51D, Ju87B, BF109.
  • Added Opel Blitz with Flak 38 mounted on back.
  • Added M3 with M45 Quadmount.
  • Added ZBL-08 IFV.
  • Updated all vehicles to shoot from the barrel.
  • Updated vehicle fired projectiles to follow ballistic trajectory.
  • Updated vehicles to have authentic systems to account for ballistic drop.
  • Updated Warrior, Scimitar and MAN SV cage armour to negate RPG 50% of the time.
  • Updated various vehicle gunner sights to be higher quality.
  • Updated ZSL-92B and ZBD-86A to use HJ-73C missile (slightly faster, more stable in air, higher damage).
  • Updated KPV MGs to use unified ammo capable at fighting vehicles and infantry.
  • Updated Fennek Gunner optics: Removed high zoom levels, added thermals.
  • Updated ZBIK gunner by removing thermals.
  • Fixed vehicles shaking too much when getting hit by autocannons.
  • Fixed BMP-3 having rear armour all around and being weaker than other BMPs.
  • Fixed BMP-2 having too high maximum elevation for gun.
  • Fixed Russian Tigr jeep wreck still showing floating cupola ring.
  • Fixed German Bell UH-1D having incorrect rotation constraints for MG3 door gunners.
  • Fixed Mi-8 killing soldiers running into rear ramp.

Weapons:

• Added option to look around in HMG using WASD keys.
  • Updated K98 ZF with new 3D scope.
  • Updated all sniper rifles to only have one zoom level.
  • Updated iron sight bolt action rifles to scope in slightly quicker.
  • Updated iron sight bolt action rifles to stay scoped in after shooting.
  • Updated iron sight bolt action rifles to cycle bolt faster.
  • Fixed Beryl Eotech being off-centre.
  • Fixed Vietnam TNT not destroying mines.

Levels:

• General:
    • Added Fields of Kassel - BETA (4x4km) - AAS, VW, Skirmish - WW2 USA vs GER.
    • Added Icebound Seasonal (4x4km) - AAS, CNC, Skirmish - PLA vs various armies.
    • Fixed all instances of COOP layers having incorrectly defined ticket bleed and significantly increased the rate of bleeding.
  • Adak:
    • COOP128: Deleted the tank for Blufor AI.
  • Bamyan:
    • Added off-map airbases.
    • Added AAS128: CAN vs PLA.
  • Battle of Ia Drang:
    • Fixed vegetation switching LOD too early.
  • Beirut:
    • Updated Russian DoD to cover entire factory staging area.
  • Bijar Canyons:
    • Moved COOP32 to COOP16.
    • Added COOP32 and COOP128 by Langmaster.
  • Dragon Fly:
    • Fixed pipes in sewers forcing players to crouch.
  • Gaza:
    • COOP64: Fixed AI not knowing how to leave main bases.
  • Khamisiyah:
    • Removed on-map airfields.
    • Added off-map airfields.
  • Kokan:
    • Added INS128 FR vs Taliban.
    • All INS: Removed no-respawn SPG and bomb cars.
    • INS32: Delayed CAS, removed one LAV-3 and delayed the other.
    • INS64: Lowered USA tickets to 550, delayed CAS and removed Stryker
  • Nuijamaa:
    • Added CNC.
    • Updated AAS32 to USA vs RU.
    • COOP64: Fixed loading screens not representing weather and the time of the day correctly.
  • Operation Bobcat:
    • Reduced ambient sound volume.
    • Moved map out of beta.
  • Operation Marlin:
    • COOP16: Redfor controls 2 more flags at the beginning.
  • Pavlovsk Bay:
    • Increased view distance to 1000m
  • Saaremaa:
    • Added CNC128.
    • Updated AAS flag routes.
  • Silent Eagle:
    • Increased view distance to 1400m.
    • Updated off-map airbases to be further away and angled runway towards map.
  • Yamalia:
    • COOP: Removed all layers due to instability.

Support Project Reality!

The Project Reality Team develops this modification completely free of charge for its community to download and play. If you would like to show your support, please consider donating to our team. These funds go directly towards website expenses, including bandwidth, hosting, domain registration, and maintenance. We never use donation funds to directly pay team members.

You go to eat and update drops.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Please send me any issues you find on the new bijar layers, or else. 
I will like any kind of feed back or even criticism about the layers so i can update them.
Also yes minecraft chunk glitches seems to be an issue, Don't try clearing shaders via support>utilities in the launcher, it does not work.
You have to install optifine for it to be fixed.
That's a joke.

Also @=VG= SemlerPDX I am not sure if the server update delayed the tracker update, the january 1 seems to be missing, i would be glad if i could get the khamisiyah std and bijar canyons large that we just finished right now pretty please.
EDIT: it just popped up i got it, thanks.

It seems like khamisiyah bots are a bit confused with the new out map airbase.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LangMaster said:

I am not sure if the server update delayed the tracker update, the january 1 seems to be missing, i would be glad if i could get the khamisiyah std and bijar canyons large that we just finished right now pretty please.
EDIT: it just popped up i got it, thanks.

I updated the server, didn't do anything with/to scheduled tasks.  The days trackers are always updated at around the top of that day, you'll never have access to a round that just right now finished - I can't add that task to my random daily load of non-gamey-wamey things I do for VG (hunting down another tracker to get it to you earlier than the public), no offense.  Glad you found it, tho!

Thank you for your work on PR COOP!

• Upvote 3

Alright so minecraft chunk loading has been fixed, apparently fields of kassel have it too and i am sure other maps aswell.

It's gonna be fixed in the next quick fix update, for now you can fix it by ticking increase terrain LOD in launcher graphics setting.

• Like 2

@=VG= SemlerPDX I have been talking about the pavlosk bay crash and the map is running fine on dedicated server, this error is due to the mismatch of files with the server, which means the map is different in the server. And since client files are verified and would not be able to launch edited map files it seems like it is at the servers fault. It seems like it is the last option, i have no idea actually.

On 1/1/2022 at 6:42 PM, whtz said:

Fixed all instances of COOP layers having incorrectly defined ticket bleed and significantly increased the rate of bleeding.

@=VG= Melon Muncher
Kozelsk Alt bleed broken
Barracuda Lrg bleed broken

Pavlovsk is broken due to render distance I guess
edit: maps with new off-map airbases like Bamyan and Khamisiyah have the bots spawn less frequently in their armor/cas in main, leading to less resistance in general

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, LangMaster said:

@=VG= SemlerPDX I have been talking about the pavlosk bay crash and the map is running fine on dedicated server, this error is due to the mismatch of files with the server, which means the map is different in the server. And since client files are verified and would not be able to launch edited map files it seems like it is at the servers fault. It seems like it is the last option, i have no idea actually.

Can you get me a legit copy of the map so I don't need to install a dummy server just to grab the map?  BTW, the updater doesn't work if the map is altered - it fails.  Since the updater worked, our copy of Pavlovsk was 100% inline with what the updater expected.

The following maps have been disabled from VG Maplist Randomizer - will take effect on next server crash or restart:

mapList.append pavlovsk_bay gpm_coop 16
mapList.append pavlovsk_bay gpm_coop 32
mapList.append pavlovsk_bay gpm_coop 64
mapList.append kozelsk gpm_coop 32
mapList.append op_barracuda gpm_coop 128

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

Can you get me a legit copy of the map so I don't need to install a dummy server just to grab the map?  BTW, the updater doesn't work if the map is altered - it fails.  Since the updater worked, our copy of Pavlovsk was 100% inline with what the updater expected.

The following maps have been disabled from VG Maplist Randomizer - will take effect on next server crash or restart:

mapList.append pavlovsk_bay gpm_coop 16
mapList.append pavlovsk_bay gpm_coop 32
mapList.append pavlovsk_bay gpm_coop 64
mapList.append kozelsk gpm_coop 32
mapList.append op_barracuda gpm_coop 128

Well then we got a stalemate, ugh back to the drawing board.
We might have been extremely unlucky with something, i swear this game is like a roll of a dice.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IkoJ2h-6aoFS9PizXcJ6DEsH3kmw-ohX/view?usp=sharing 
@=VG= SemlerPDX Here is the pavlosk bay up to date no modifiers. 
No virus i swear, i am not that stupid. But yes if this does not work then i have no idea, the error is a clear file mismatch between client and server, and clients cannot run multiplayer with modified map files. 

Sorry for the multi posts, i could probably just edit the one before.

44 minutes ago, LangMaster said:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IkoJ2h-6aoFS9PizXcJ6DEsH3kmw-ohX/view?usp=sharing 
@=VG= SemlerPDX Here is the pavlosk bay up to date no modifiers. 
No virus i swear, i am not that stupid. But yes if this does not work then i have no idea, the error is a clear file mismatch between client and server, and clients cannot run multiplayer with modified map files. 

Sorry for the multi posts, i could probably just edit the one before.

dumb clarifying question, but this map file is the Server File, correct? not just your client copy?

uhh it's literally the same thing, it is the whole pavlosk bay in client packed in rar, you can host server with these, unmodified, the way it is supposed to be, you should be able to use these for the server. I am like 99% sure. I can't be that stupid. Maybe. You should be able to steal these from any PR client, there are no dedicated server files for map.

• Confused 1

To those who played barracuda LRG, the ticket bleed is set so if you don't capture any flag within 10 minutes, bluefor will lose.
This is actually intentional, though it seems to be a bit unbalanced since the trans is delayed and players have basically one try with the apc to win a flag or lose.

But hey, i am focusing on the large layers being hard so take it or leave it, you seem to have been able to capture first flag on barracuda lrg within 10 minutes before, you can do it now too.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, LangMaster said:

To those who played barracuda LRG, the ticket bleed is set so if you don't capture any flag within 10 minutes, bluefor will lose.
This is actually intentional, though it seems to be a bit unbalanced since the trans is delayed and players have basically one try with the apc to win a flag or lose.

But hey, i am focusing on the large layers being hard so take it or leave it, you seem to have been able to capture first flag on barracuda lrg within 10 minutes before, you can do it now too.

That sucks. Most of the time we will lose it not even because of wrong decisions but random events leading to and during the map. And every time we just lose 15 minutes.

Lose a few ppl on map load? 15 minutes and probably a few more players lost.

Got a teamkiller at the beginning? 15 minutes lost.

Got a slow loading team? 15 minutes lost.

Driver's or SL's game crashes? 15 minutes lost.

And I don't care if we lose. I just want to have fun playing games and this map will be either tryharding or losing 15 mikes, neither of those are fun.

So the only thing this change will achieve is convincing more ppl not to play this map.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, =VG= The_Polish_Guy said:

So the only thing this change will achieve is convincing more ppl not to play this map.

Agree with this 100%, recent change might make this new layer in the list of the least played in coop after pop dies down from people done trying out 1.7.

If you want the bleed to not be annoying and actually playable then at least set the timer to 20 mins instead, that's defo enough to get players sorted on the beach on time with some leeway incase shit hits the fan.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, =VG= The_Polish_Guy said:

That sucks. Most of the time we will lose it not even because of wrong decisions but random events leading to and during the map. And every time we just lose 15 minutes.

Lose a few ppl on map load? 15 minutes and probably a few more players lost.

Got a teamkiller at the beginning? 15 minutes lost.

Got a slow loading team? 15 minutes lost.

Driver's or SL's game crashes? 15 minutes lost.

And I don't care if we lose. I just want to have fun playing games and this map will be either tryharding or losing 15 mikes, neither of those are fun.

4 hours ago, =VG= Sausag3 said:

Agree with this 100%, recent change might make this new layer in the list of the least played in coop after pop dies down from people done trying out 1.7.

If you want the bleed to not be annoying and actually playable then at least set the timer to 20 mins instead, that's defo enough to get players sorted on the beach on time with some leeway incase shit hits the fan.

I do kinda support both sides, though last update has changed slightly the way ticket bleed works on coop so it is easier to manage, mostly all maps has been fixed with a ticket bleed so you don't have to run next, there are now around like 3 maps that have no ticket bleed, which is way better than before where basically 70% of the coop layers had no ticket bleed. 
For now the barracuda lrg is gonna stay the way it is, it will require a hard team work and team focus onto one flag at the start of the game, 
I like the map being hard, this will definitely force the team to play harder, i understand the fact that the transport is delayed 5 minutes, there is majority of people who are not quick loaders and the apc over water ain't that quick either. i am still trying to talk it out if there is at least one small balance to make but the layer ain't mine, though there are trackers where one of the flags has been captured under 10 minutes easily, which shows it is very possible to do so especially on the west beach.
I will try to keep an eye out for the games we will have on barracuda and if it does no good i will have something to support your statements. pls don't try to lose.

19 minutes ago, LangMaster said:

I like the map being hard, this will definitely force the team to play harder

You are missing my point. I like hard maps, but not the kind of hard that requires perfect actions of the hole team to even play more than 10 mins. I prefer hard maps that are hard because of a lot of enemy assets or/and lack of friendly resources or just terrain working to our disadvantage.

35 minutes ago, LangMaster said:

though there are trackers where one of the flags has been captured under 10 minutes easily

Sure, and Charlie's can be finished in 15 minutes, but that doesn't really prove anything.

38 minutes ago, LangMaster said:

I will try to keep an eye out for the games we will have on barracuda and if it does no good i will have something to support your statements. pls don't try to lose.

Well I wish you good luck, but probably not a lot of admins will want to set this map since it can be a waste of time and loss of a lot of players.