Jump to content
=VG= keed

=VG= Social Meeting

Recommended Posts

Hi there,

I would like to know if some of you are interested in a big not mandatory VG social meeting with skype/jitsy or bigbluebutton?

Since the member list grew I thought it might be cool to meet and greet.

Thanks for your thoughts!

keed

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought Discord had something along the lines of video conferencing, but upon googling, seems there may be some limiting factors...  Haven't 'video called' anyone since my kid was... a kid.  The grown up ones only text, sign of the times.... don't even properly 'phone call' these days.  No idea what software is the 'good one', that isn't gonna cost money, or isn't literal spyware. 

Personally, I prefer the anonymity of VOIP like TS3, I mean, why should I have to put clothes on to chat on the computer? :tatice_03:

 

Counting on you all to figure that out and decide on a 'standard' for us all.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

Thought Discord had something along the lines of video conferencing, but upon googling, seems there may be some limiting factors...  Haven't 'video called' anyone since my kid was... a kid.  The grown up ones only text, sign of the times.... don't even properly 'phone call' these days.  No idea what software is the 'good one', that isn't gonna cost money, or isn't literal spyware. 

Personally, I prefer the anonymity of VOIP like TS3, I mean, why should I have to put clothes on to chat on the computer? :tatice_03:

 

Counting on you all to figure that out and decide on a 'standard' for us all.

I know that making Direct Message Groups is limited to something like 8 people, but I am pretty sure since the whole pandemic situation, discord has allowed up to 50 or 100 people to use Discord Server channels for conferences and such. Not too sure though!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what is this "social" that everyone is talking about? ^^

 

On 9.7.2020 at 10:08 PM, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

Personally, I prefer the anonymity of VOIP like TS3, I mean, why should I have to put clothes on to chat on the computer? 

I see it similarly. i have no problem with voice chats but i don't even do video chats for work.  or I just fade in a camgirl and tell you thats me...;p

skype, ts and discord are enough for me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i liked the meet and greet postings we did like a year ago....maybe this time we can do an introduction with... and squeeze in... your favorite furry friend, or a pic from you at work.  Im only gonna brush my hair ONCE, so make it a good one!!

 

it may have been 2 years ago^^^^^

FYI...my computer doesnt have one of those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12.7.2020 at 2:49 PM, GRNANDGLD said:

liked the meet and greet postings we did like a year ago....maybe this time we can do an introduction with... and squeeze in... your favorite furry friend, or a pic from you at work.  Im only gonna brush my hair ONCE, so make it a good one!!

 

it may have been 2 years ago^^^^^

its nearly 3 years now...;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can non members join too plzzzzzz

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys,

yeah I am still down. :) But we have to change the topic from "=VG= Social Meeting" to Community Night or smth. Judging by the feedback it would be great to include regulars who are not technically "VG" but are active just as much.

On the topic of anonymity:

I've dicided the best way is to let each and everyone opt in if they would like to show their beautiful mug. Video Feed should not be required.

We are familiar with each others voices so a microphone is acceptable to be required. If you feel differently about this please let me know.

List of things that have to be decided:

  • Software: Skype, Teams, BigBlueButton, Zoom (please not), Jitsi Meet, ...
  • Format:
    • Show and Tell (Some people can apply to prepare something and show some stuff related to gaming in general like PR Modders or BMS Simpits.)
    • Online crowd games (drawing stuff)
    • ...
  • Time: Timzone neutral as much as possible. I think the best would be on weekends at our usual event timing.
  • Date: During summer preferably, in the next three weeks.

I am looking forward to hear from you guys about this post.

Cheers

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, =VG= keed said:

List of things that have to be decided:

  • Format:
    • Show and Tell (Some people can apply to prepare something and show some stuff related to gaming in general like PR Modders or BMS Simpits.)
    • Online crowd games (drawing stuff)

So... VG's Kiekko browser ice hockey 2020 confirmed, yes?

maxresdefault.jpg

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/08/2020 at 11:29 AM, =VG= keed said:

List of things that have to be decided:

  • Software: Skype
  • Format:
    • Show and Tell (Some people can apply to prepare something and show some stuff related to gaming in general like PR Modders or BMS Simpits.)
    • Online crowd games (drawing stuff)
  • Time: Timzone neutral as much as possible. I think the best would be on weekends at our usual event timing.
  • Date: During summer preferably, in the next three weeks.

I am looking forward to hear from you guys about this post.

Cheers

 

Skype sounds good. Crowd games and show and tell are both great ideas...

Timezone: around 18-19-20 GMT so most of us can join. 

Date: Any day of a weekend of August

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will make a vote about the timezone. We'll use Jitsi, as it offers the most convenient way of having multiple peeps in a chatroom with VOIP [ and Video].

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×