=VG= BinkleDinkle

PR COOP thread 1.6

1 hour ago, Rokk said:

doesn't seem like it has any reason to exist.

It has a good reason. To prevent people from camping on the mountain.

P.S. It seems to span from roughly D11 to H5. SW to NE along the mountain range. I welcome it. Less camping, more fighting. I do think it should be shaded out and made clear that it is indeed OOB. Perhaps a future update will cover that...

• Upvote 2

The issue with Kashan I attribute to our tanks not being on the ball that round- we got bogged down outside the airfield and stuck in a cycle of tanks having to drive 20 minutes to rearm so we never had them concentrated for a push.

I wish there was some sort of way to rearm vehicles in the field- maybe a special crate, or give the combat engineer a special bag that can do it. Would give logi squads and combat engineers some more use. It would have to be slow or otherwise balanced in use of crates, but it would really help in those large maps.

11 hours ago, Carkidd said:

The issue with Kashan I attribute to our tanks not being on the ball that round- we got bogged down outside the airfield and stuck in a cycle of tanks having to drive 20 minutes to rearm so we never had them concentrated for a push.

I wish there was some sort of way to rearm vehicles in the field- maybe a special crate, or give the combat engineer a special bag that can do it. Would give logi squads and combat engineers some more use. It would have to be slow or otherwise balanced in use of crates, but it would really help in those large maps.

You know that the veterans players can finish this map with 1 man tank ?? Yes ... the problem yesterday was none was playing the game. everyone was trolling or bored. using 2 mans tanks slows the process of course. 1 man tank is always better to control effectively . you guys was near a tow missile camping on the hill and you did't even try to shoot down while that tow was killing the friendly tanks all the time and none moved to kill it. not complaining just saying what happened. and yes i like your idea.

• Upvote 4

20 hours ago, Golden said:

It has a good reason. To prevent people from camping on the mountain.

P.S. It seems to span from roughly D11 to H5. SW to NE along the mountain range. I welcome it. Less camping, more fighting. I do think it should be shaded out and made clear that it is indeed OOB. Perhaps a future update will cover that...

In that case it should probably be marked out as you said, so we don't lose our assets to an unfair "by the way you're dead now" zone.

Other maps mark it with stripes, they should do the same on Kashan. I thought it was a bug because it wasn't marked.

4 hours ago, ranger_12 said:

You know that the veterans players can finish this map with 1 man tank ?? Yes ... the problem yesterday was none was playing the game. everyone was trolling or bored. using 2 mans tanks slows the process of course. 1 man tank is always better to control effectively . you guys was near a tow missile camping on the hill and you did't even try to shoot down while that tow was killing the friendly tanks all the time and none moved to kill it. not complaining just saying what happened. and yes i like your idea.

For what it's worth, we would have shot down the TOW if we knew it existed. I was squad lead that round and nobody told me that it was there, or that it was up. We were under the impression it was down.

2 hours ago, Rokk said:

other maps mark it with stripes, they should do the same on Kashan. I thought it was a bug because it wasn't marked.

If its alt it is shown in map gallery. PR does not allow for that in ingame maps.

6 minutes ago, Rabbit said:

If its alt it is shown in map gallery. PR does not allow for that in ingame maps.

If that's the case, why are some maps shaded for out of bounds, and others are not? I'm just curious. Or is that like some hard coded in shit? I guess I don't understand how that can't be edited into an ingame map, in an update.

On 6/17/2020 at 12:59 PM, Carkidd said:

Team work will solve that issue on the last flag. Laze targets for CAS, tanks stand off and infantry move in to cap, pretty simple really.

• Upvote 1

There is a bug in Goose Green when you get in the transport heli, your mumble is disabled for some reason. When you get out of the chopper you have to wait for around one minute to use mumble again.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Lowkey95 said:

There is a bug in Goose Green when you get in the transport heli, your mumble is disabled for some reason. When you get out of the chopper you have to wait for around one minute to use mumble again.

I can confirm this. I flew trans the entire round on Goose Green. The moment I got into the Wessex it boots me out of the team 1 squad 1 channel and into the lobby before suppressing me. But the moment I exit the helicopter, within 30 seconds mumble works again. The same thing applies to all occupants. Pilot and passengers.

I also noticed that the up-armored MK19 HMMWV on Bamyan Alt does the same exact thing. Mumble dies when you get in and comes back when you exit.

A very strange bug this one.

I could see that in mumble too.
I noticed a little thing, no idea if this is important:
if you are not in a squad, mumble sorted you above the people who are in a squad. when golden entered the chopper, he was among the squads at mumble.

28 minutes ago, Golden said:

I also noticed that the up-armored MK19 HMMWV on Bamyan Alt does the same exact thing. Mumble dies when you get in and comes back when you exit.

I don't think this helps, but you could see if your sound card runs in "exclusive mode". The individual sound files (or gamesound/mumble sound) may be in different types (and windows cannot properly share the audio device because a different codec is used.)
once had similar problems in reaper when I used wav files and flac at the same time. just detick the option at the red marker.Unbenannt.thumb.jpg.9496d78156a85cb0c80d5e35f483e52f.jpg

... sorry its in german but i have no english win here atm...

• Upvote 1

The map changed to Bamyan Standard, I spawned in and just 1 minute after spawning (most people didn't even load yet), 2 frogfoots come in and bomb most of our vehicles, including our tanks: AvB1Xsz.png

There is a dome of death (it stopped their cannon fire) but it didn't seem to work for the bombs.

EDIT: Server also crashed on this map when in Cave Bunker.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rokk said:

The map changed to Bamyan Standard, I spawned in and just 1 minute after spawning (most people didn't even load yet), 2 frogfoots come in and bomb most of our vehicles, including our tanks: AvB1Xsz.png

There is a dome of death (it stopped their cannon fire) but it didn't seem to work for the bombs.

EDIT: Server also crashed on this map when in Cave Bunker.

Can confirm this is true.