Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

PR Map Stats

=VG= Melon Muncher

I've run the numbers from October 1st to December 31st to see how many times each map is played

Alphabetical

Adak 30
Al basrah 53
Asad 21
Grozny 42
Mestia 6
Bamyan 71
Ia Drang 16
Beirut 52
Bijar 63
Black gold 73
Brecourt 10
Burning Sands 65
Carentan 34
Charlies Point 12
Dovre 8
Dovre Winter 18
Dragon Fly 11
Fallujah 52
Fools Road 20
Gaza 23
Goose Green 16
Hades Peak 22
Hill 488 3
Iron Ridge 13
Jabal 149
Kafr Halab 60
Karbala 26
Kashan 161
Khamisiyah 92
Kokan 66
Korengal 14
Kozelsk 21
Lashkar 26
Masirah 28
Merville 10
Musa Qala 21
Muttrah 185
Nuijamaa 8
Omaha Beach 20
Op Barracuda 35
Op Bobcat 30
Op Falcon 18
Op Ghost Train 6
Op Marlin 40
Op Soul Rebel 14
Op Thunder 19
Outpost 22
Pavlovsk Bay 113
Qwai River 37
Ramiel 90
Reichswald 9
Route E-106 13
Saaremaa 23
Sahel 19
Sbeneh Outskirts 49
Shahadah 50
Shijia 18
Silent Eagle 33
Tad Sae 9
The Falklands 6
Ulyanovsk 10
Vadso City 53
Wanda Shan 15
Xiangshan 15
Yamalia 26

By number

Muttrah 185
Kashan 161
Jabal 149
Pavlovsk Bay 113
Khamisiyah 92
Ramiel 90
Black gold 73
Bamyan 71
Kokan 66
Burning Sands 65
Bijar 63
Kafr Halab 60
Albasrah 53
Vadso City 53
Beirut 52
Fallujah 52
Shahadah 50
Sbeneh Outskirts 49
Grozny 42
Op Marlin 40
Qwai River 37
Op Barracuda 35
Carentan 34
Silent Eagle 33
Adak 30
Op Bobcat 30
Masirah 28
Karbala 26
Lashkar 26
Yamalia 26
Gaza 23
Saaremaa 23
Hades Peak 22
Outpost 22
Asad 21
Kozelsk 21
Musa Qala 21
Fools Road 20
Omaha Beach 20
Op Thunder 19
Sahel 19
Dovre Winter 18
Op Falcon 18
Shijia 18
Ia Drang 16
Goose Green 16
Wanda Shan 15
Xiangshan 15
Korengal 14
Op Soul Rebel 14
Iron Ridge 13
Route E-106 13
Charlies Point 12
Dragon Fly 11
Brecourt 10
Merville 10
Ulyanovsk 10
Reichswald 9
Tad Sae 9
Nuijamaa 8
Dovre 8
Mestia 6
The Falklands 6
Op Ghost Train 6
Hill 488 3

Some cools stats

Top three maps are Muttrah (185), Kashan (161) and Jabal (149). This tells us that the admins have no taste

Total Map count is 2399, the average of all the maps is 36.9 plays per map
This puts 44 of 65 (or 68%) of maps below the average.
The top 3 maps account for 20% of all plays. 
Almost one in every three games consists of one of the top six maps (32.9%)

Muttrah City has been played more times than the bottom 18 maps combined.

Lowest map is obviously Hill 488, with only 3 plays over 3 months. It's a shit map though so don't care. 

Beirut seems to have the most well rounded stats, with 10, 11,12 and 19 for inf, alt, std and lrg layers

Ia Drang alt (night, infantry, forest map, and arguably the worst map in game for playing vs bots) has been played 7 times. This is more times than many other, much less cancerous maps like barracuda infanty (5), black gold infantry (4) or even Op Ghost Train (6)

Yamalia. Despite crashing every time it has been played 26 times and it beats out more than half the list.

Al Basrah infantry only had one play through in three months.

• Like 2
  • VG Seal of Approval 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, =VG= Melon Muncher said:

This tells us that the admins have no taste

muttrah is simply the best map. and jabal is very good too. anyone who says otherwise ignores 80% of the players who see it that way and has probably even less taste... but what can you expect when admins without taste hire other admins...;p

but it feels like we've been playing op. Marlin, Vadso and Gronzi a lot more and those maps are really annoying. Whenever I go online, one of these maps is running... Grozni everyone always wants to play and then the server is empty in a few minutes, vadso generally nobody wants to play (including me) and marlin is actually not that bad but somehow makes it still no fun ^^

1 hour ago, =VG= Melon Muncher said:

The top 3 maps account for 20% of all plays. 

thats because this are the lowpop-maps... if you have less than 15 player mutt, kash and jabal are the maps that bring back the players.

muttrah 24/7! with usable forklifts!!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, =VG= Kavelenko said:

I resent that innuendo. Jabal is awesome! rofl.

These are also 'starter maps', they have a chance to run anytime the server crashes/restarts.  This could skew the results, so I wouldn't take this 'innuendo' personally ;) 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

These are also 'starter maps', they have a chance to run anytime the server crashes/restarts.  This could skew the results, so I wouldn't take this 'innuendo' personally ;) 

Was gonna say this^^
Also most of the time the randomizer does most of the job, we usually just pick maps when we have either a good enough team/good enough people for harder maps or don't have enough for a hard map so we change it for a lower pop one
Also the numbers still don't tell the story of how good each layer is, Beirut may have an all round good selection of layers, but the Alt layer is pure garbage basically, and admins only ever set the large layer - most of the time Beirut only ends up being played cause of the randomizer

4 hours ago, =VG= 0100011000101 said:

Marlin, Vadso and Gronzi

Marlin and Grozny are actually quite good maps, all of the layers that we have there - Vadso on the other hand is the single most boring map I've played too many times

My suggestion: remove all of the current starter maps except for maybe Pavlovsk and put in maps like Shahadah Inf and Alt, Falcon Alt, Qwai Alt, Al Basrah Std and Alt, Reichswald, Black Gold Std and Alt and see what happens to the numbers then for a month
Can we get the stats for layers and not just maps?

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, =VG= Melon Muncher said:

Ia Drang alt (night, infantry, forest map, and arguably the worst map in game for playing vs bots) has been played 7 times. This is more times than many other, much less cancerous maps like barracuda infanty (5), black gold infantry (4) or even Op Ghost Train (6)

Ia Drang ALT would have to be the worst map for draining the server. No crates, no transport, feck all cover, crap weapons, need I say more?

IMHO, statistics, like these, are useless when there is little or no balancing with respect to server population, player ability, map voting, server crash. It is like that stat that says most car accidents happen within 10KM of home. Seeing that your car spends most of its time within 10KM of home, where else are you "most likely" to have a crash? 
I think the ADMINS do a great job picking the right map for the circumstances at the time.  

Interesting read thou, oh, note these numbers are over a three month period.

Ia drang alt would be bearable if they changed it to let us play as the NVA

if were talking lore or anything its just a counterattack from the day operation a few hours ago (ia drang std) that the americans launched

It would be nice to get to use the type 56 and floor-mat 49 and yell "Giet nguoi my" + scare eachother and make jokes about the trees talking

That or give the american team flares- i dont get why you get them in ww2 night maps (as a ww2 faction, mind you) but not on Ia drang alt (which is literally close to 25-30 years ahead)