Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

ARMA MODS

=VG= m823us

Hello everyone,

I know a lot of people were making suggestions about limiting the mod size and although we cannot help everyone, I think it would be great to see what mods people enjoy and do not like.

So I've decided to start a list and see what people like and then put together a poll later on.

This is just the information gathering stage, I am taking any and all suggestions for ARMA 3.  

• Like 1

Those are all the mods that are on the server already so please don`t repost. The mods that are already on the server should stay there, except the AC 130 which was only for testing.

Mods that can be added could be Vcom ai or Lambs stuff, AND THE MOST IMPORTANT !!! project OPFOR.  

Also please don`t shut the server down after you guys leave. I might join after and do some more testing with a mission. Also I want to see if bugs show after the server has been up for some time so please don`t shut it down, nor restart it when you feel like. If it is really needed for other stuff then go for it and poke me on STEAM so I know what happened.

The ones we have now are fine, the question is, do we need any more / less? Current set for insurgency is already somewhere around 30+ GB-ish which is almost the same size as the game itself.  We just need to come up with a list and then stick to it, not bounce around different mods like we have so far between events.

28 minutes ago, System said:

A C E  M E D I C A L

Maybe the suppression stuff from lambs, to make firefights last longer

That will not be a thing at all as not all want to play something that is already too complicated.

As I said, no more mods need to be added besides project OPFOR. And also this should be a post on the ARMA 3 club where the administration decides what to do with the mod list. If you are not part of it then sign-up please! 

• Sad 1

The mods are ok in my opinion + maybe this is also a good base set for future custom missions. What the current "RHS+TFAR" set offers for players, is basically what we have in PR on US vs. INS/RUS/MILITA maps. Also, the mods offer far more than is just visible in the arsenal. I recommend to read the RHS manual online. There is some cool stuff hidden in weapon systems.

@=VG= .Blizzard. In the event that you'll ever want to change things up a little bit, " just don't tell my mother I am in Afghan":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iAoibAgAvM

• Upvote 3

LOooooooLLLLLLL. DUUUUUDE!  🤟 

23 minutes ago, =VG= keed said:

@=VG= .Blizzard. In the event that you'll ever want to change things up a little bit, " just don't tell my mother I am in Afghan":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iAoibAgAvM

I might make a Russian version as well.

• Like 1

I recommend DHI Battle dress uniforms,  Its a mod that adds old school BDU'S like tiger stripe, ERDL , Choco-chip ,Etc plus matching helmets and web gear of the time.
Another mod I recommend is  RH Pistol pack 1.11-A3 , This adds pistols like the sig p226, HK SOCOM , re-textured and updated sounds for the M9 &M1911 , ETC , a mod for handgun lovers

The mods we're using in Takistan server are more than enough, this is one of the problems with ARMA mods. It puts people off from joining events, and who the hell has GBs of hard disk space for this stuff? Decide on a set of mods we can ALL install and then leave it alone PLEASE! We don't need mods in PR why the obsession in ARMA?

• Upvote 1

Yes agreed. Please just get a few mods that have it all, we don’t need these useless dress up mods. The Dev server already takes up about 50gb+ of just mods on my HDD which is crazy to me. It literally makes me want to uninstall the game because it feels like such a waste of space when I don’t play Arma that often and it’s also why I didn’t join events for a long time! 

To add on to this - people struggle running the game already, let alone with 2000 more assets and gear. I love mods, but it has to be playable

• Upvote 2

Please If you don`t mind I would like to lock this as there shouldn`t be a public discussion about this as it always will be a mess and the public doesn`t always have the mind set on the balance between fun and need. I am not implying that it isn`t good, but the management of the mods should be done only by the ARMA lll management team (Leaders of Arma lll club and moderators), they have the final saying in the process of mission making/ managing.

And to make sure that everyone understands, there is no need for any other mod on the server for now, since we already have 30 GB+ and not much space left.  

• Upvote 1

On 3/15/2021 at 8:18 PM, =VG= m823us said:

This is just the information gathering stage, I am taking any and all suggestions for ARMA 3.  

As m8's statement implies this is only information gathering and he wants suggestions which is all that is happening here. What you all do about it is another thing.

• Upvote 2

All I am doing is collecting data. Below is a great sentence to add to the discussion:

"I would like to add x mod to the list."

Another discussion, in the club group would be to say what mods are good, what mods are bad, and what we are looking for as a vision or purpose statement. 

• Upvote 2

Is it possible to set the radio defaults to 100 | 30  at all? Would save confusion for new players on the server. Might be nice to have a link here or in Discord that points to instructions on how to install the radio mod and add it to TS. Its not too bad once you get used to it but just thinking about the confusion we had with guys like BOOTs who couldn't set his frequency correctly.

cheers,

Kav

Yes but then I would need to enforce it which will force all of you to use TFAR. Right now I just want to have tfar on the server just to be there when events happen. You can all join TS and play without it. It is not needed and it will never be unless you are more than 10 guys online. 

Just disable your teamspeak plugin 

image.thumb.png.f30d067dd2abe7141ccc567e5eac2c74.png

• Upvote 2