Project Reality Demo/Tracker files website system are temporarily offline, but available upon direct request - Contact SemlerPDX with date/time/map (and layer if able) ×
Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

PR bot shots - Taking a poll

=VG= Melon Muncher

Bot changes  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Rifles - Scoped are now more accurate, and fire slower. Usually single round shots.

• Good
    • Bad
    • Don't notice
  2. 2. Rifles - Unscoped are now less accurate, Faster firing will continue to burst fire at most ranges

• Good
    • Bad
    • Don't notice
  3. 3. Rifles overall - Ranges have been decreased by about 25%

• Good
    • Bad
    • Don't notice
  4. 4. Sniper and Marksman - More accurate overall, long ranges

• Good
    • Bad
    • Don't notice
  5. 5. Grenadier -, much less likely to shoot grenades.

• Good
    • Bad
    • Don't notice
  6. 6. AR and MG - More suppressive, less one shot kills

• Good
    • Bad
    • Don't notice
  7. 7. AT - Ranges decreased significantly for RPG and LAT kits

• Good
    • Bad
    • Don't notice
  8. 8. AT - Accuracy decreased for RPG and LAT kits

• Good
    • Bad
    • Don't notice
  9. 9. Grenades - Bot throw grenades at APC when close

• Good
    • Bad
    • Don't notice
  10. 10. Helicopters - Infantry bots only use AR, MG and AA kits against helicopters

• Good
    • Bad
    • CAS OP
    • Don't notice

Hey everyone,

I'm currently experimenting with changing the bot behaviours. various tweaks and such. There's been a few of these changes running quietly in the background for a few days to see if anyone noticed a big difference. So now I'm just taking a poll on the changes and letting you tell me what you do and don't like.

These changes will continue to run on the server for a while, so if you're unsure about anything, jump in and give it a try.

All feedback welcome

EDIT: Just to be clear, these changes are currently running on the Veterans Gaming Coop server. I am not looking for your opinions on how these changes sound. I'm looking for feedback on the changed bots that are currently on the server. This helps me work further with AI tweaks.

• Thanks 2

Love all the changes to date...

My only suggestion  would be to increase the range and accuracy of the sniper...

It would be nice to see player reaction when the sniper had the accuracy and fire/fear, that the grenadier used to have on the players. 

Players actually use cover when they think a grenadier has a bead on their position..They scatter like roaches when the lights come on, after the first silent round dropped in the AO.

Im not saying that they all need to be Chris Kyle, but the game changes for the better when the grenades started to fly.  Your tactics have to change instantly or the squad isnt gonna make it out of that building in one piece.  Those split second decisions....and the overall battle field perspective, changes for the better, when players respect that accuracy and lethality  that the grenadier brings to the game .  IMO the sniper is the perfect solution for the OP ness of the grenadier or AT that repeat fire and never miss.

Just my thoughts...I maybe biased

Well Done MAN!! and THANK YOU and the DEV team for your time and effort!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Grenadiers were most noticeable to me...

I think were they were very effective at punishing squads running around without cover along with helicopters hovering about, they were an effective threat, I would've liked them to remain that way, besides that, allowing cas free reign challenged only by AR/AA might not be best, and I say that as a cas whore, anyone who flies over enemies should suffer some consequence for doing so.

I didn't notice many other changes though, and voted as such.

• Upvote 1

I liked the old grenadier more, 4-5 games and I haven't been shot at by a grenadier at all, only time they were really deadly is when there was 3 of them opening fire on open ground - which is not really a problem for most maps, and it's not like they have a track record of hitting inside of windows

I don't like the full auto at range for unscoped rifles, it makes them easier to kill yet they don't hit anything - I just wait for them to mag dump and miss and kill them while they reload, it's stupidly effective

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi  everyone!!!
Yes, I miss old granadier, like they said: 

It requires players to have some type of strategy to avoid dying when the grenades fly (from the most novice to the most experienced), improving the sniper would have the same function: to stop running around the field like crazy. I think these changes are important because it radically changes how to attack or defend.

The issue of CAS or TRANS flights, because if you fly over enemies or over AR/AA it is and should remain very risky.

I noticed something that I thought was fixed a while back. We played Karbala alt yesterday. Me and @Spartanish drove a Bradley and were wondering why there was so many MANPADS. So I decided to take a look at the demo and ... yeah, it's what I thought.
I picked a random moment in the round (2:25:31) and counted 8 MANPADS up at the same time (+one wounded). Meanwhile there was only 1 HAT kit. At this time CAS had exactly 0 kills so there was no dynamic spawns happening because of CAS being very effective.
image.png.1cc899a136cf367e5a0c621b002a0266.png
Second random moment later in the round (2:10:53). 9 active MANPADS + 3 wounded. CAS at this time has 6 kills. Also this is the second to last flag so CAS really wasn't doing much. Good thing is that there are more ATs now but it's still 5 while APC has 10 times more kills than CAS.
image.png.2cfea0c815b174dc2d2ac717330a6bb2.png

So, I remember that number of MANPADS was capped some time back when they were added. Seems like that limit isn't working anymore.

Also the ai reloading MANPADS in a few seconds is still a thing and I still think it's an issue. Here's some proof from yesterday as well.
image.png.19d928536efecc012bebe0a7664df174.pngimage.png.a92ad93cda630916dfb3cf0bb7500a14.png

The exact reload time was 6 seconds. I guess he just run to a crate and back really, really quickly

• Upvote 2

• 5 weeks later...

dunno if the bot dificulty was changed , but after the last couple updates , it started to feel like im playing vs players with wall hacks and aim bot activated .with every bot encounter it feels like  i only have one shot , if i miss the head shot the bot does a 160 and one tap me instantly lol .dont come at me with the skill issue and get good jokes now XD . its  forcing players to avoid engaging bots and the whole experience turns into either a walking simulator or euro truck simulator .