Jump to content

ATTN PR ADMINS: PR COOP Server is on a NEW VERSION - Join the server at least once to register your new ID in server files, then send message to m823us or SemlerPDX and we'll restore it to the Admins list.       (dismiss this message by clicking the "X")  →

realCarlo4SPP

Can't enter the game.

Recommended Posts

So I updated PR and tried to enter it, I had to login and all that new stuff with steam support... then when I retrieved my account and clicked play the launcher closed! I waited for a bit then went to task manager to see if the game is starting. PR was not there, tried to start it again and the launcher was not in it's previous location so I deleted the shortcut and made a new one for PRLauncherLogin. Now that i try to start it nothing happens, nothing in task manager or event viewer. What do i do?

*edit: The launcher won't start!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you can try to uncheck "Fullscreen" in the launcher under "options / video" and see if there is an error message.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do you mean 

1 hour ago, =VG= 0100011000101 said:

you can try to uncheck "Fullscreen" in the launcher under "options / video" and see if there is an error message.

I could only do it in the files, the launcher won't start!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, realCarlo4SPP said:

How do you mean 

I could only do it in the files, the launcher won't start!

Backup your user profile information and any other such things - uninstall PR, then reinstall it, launch it and run the update, then retrieve your account from your previous installation inside the Launcher Profiles GUI

Sounds like something got messed up.  If it happens again, you'd want to delete the base 1.6 installer zip file or whatever you used, and re-download it (potentially from the alternate source from the one you used previously) to be sure it was not a problem with the files.

Also, crucial standard practice for Windows 10 users:  Whenever you go to install new software, first right click on the installer, select Properties, and check the box next to "Unblock" near the bottom (if it exists) before running the installer/setup file for the given program or application. If a program is from a trusted source (every program you use should be in this category, but PR most certainly is) it may be wise to temporarily disable any third party security software to avoid technical issues during installation.  Turn them back on before running the program for the first time, and you should be as safe as can be expected. 

*when it comes to 'untrusted software', some folks will use Virtual Machines to isolate the program from their operating system for evaluation purposes, just an FYI, but if PR was unsafe, we all would have raised hell by now and no one would install/play their game anymore.

 

more info: https://www.realitymod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149815

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You updated from 1.5.5 to 1.6.0.3 or 1.6.0.X to 1.6.0.3?

I had to reinstall PR to get 1.6. Many update Errors nd one guyin the PR forum posted the same problem with his launcher as you described.

A complete reinstall fixed it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, =VG= Fastjack said:

You updated from 1.5.5 to 1.6.0.3 or 1.6.0.X to 1.6.0.3?

I had to reinstall PR to get 1.6. Many update Errors nd one guyin the PR forum posted the same problem with his launcher as you described.

A complete reinstall fixed it.

yea something like that. Ill uninstall the game and install it again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, realCarlo4SPP said:

I waited for a bit then went to task manager to see if the game is starting. PR was not there, tried to start it again and the launcher was not in it's previous location

maybe your antivirus quarantined your pr launcher .exe

false positive?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i always have a /pr/mods/BIN backup. but i forgot to update it to 1.6 and im in a pickle right now.

i don't have a fix, but always have a backup of the BIN files, game crashed on me in 1.6 and the whole file was corrupted. i've tried to put a 1.5 backup but it didn't work either.

3 hours ago, Nexwiiz said:

maybe your antivirus quarantined your pr launcher .exe

false positive?

+ thats a good idea. check your Anti Virus programs and such. they are the main reason that most of your games get corrupted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remove the old version go to the downloads page on the Project Reality website:

https://www.realitymod.com/downloads

I use the qBittorrent program to download it because its recommended and its the fastest way to do it.

image.png.625632bad093e3d65f500c6f41dd9d76.png

Follow the installations instructions here:

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99834

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have reinstalled the game using torrent and it's still not working, I logged on trough steam support... and clicked play and the launcher exited after a few seconds and nothing happened... The problem is still there! 

I have checked event viewer and I couldn't find anything game related...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, realCarlo4SPP said:

Have tried! Didn't work!

 

Can you get a picture/description of the error? if it shows you a log that should be easy. i think there is a log somewhere in the game folders but im not sure where is it, im going to check it for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ereen said:

Can you get a picture/description of the error? if it shows you a log that should be easy. i think there is a log somewhere in the game folders but im not sure where is it, im going to check it for you.

The problem is I don't think the game is starting at all, cuz I get no errors or anything anywhere. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2020 at 6:10 PM, realCarlo4SPP said:

How do you mean 

I could only do it in the files, the launcher won't start!

  1. The video settings can be edited here: C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Documents\ProjectReality\Profiles\0001\Video.con
  2. BACKUP THE Video.con !!!!
  3. Open with Text Editor
  4. The VideoSettings.setResolution should be the same as your normal Display resolution and refresh rate in Hz. My normal resolution is 4k@60Hz so it looks like this:
    image.thumb.png.377edf2f7a3447d2c75549c0a845fa91.png

    If you have a FullHD Display @60Hz use 1920x1080@60hz.
  5. Save the file
  6. If the resolution was not the same start the game and check if it helped.

If you need more support do this:

 Start the PR launcher, click "Support" and copy and paste everything in the Support Info field. Looks like this: 

image.png.f09c6868d1bb863aec0f428133576614.png

With this we know what system you have. Right now it's just guessing.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if your launcher wont start.

try downloading an older version of the game, 1.5.3>etc

and then update the game it wont take 3gb from you. happend to me once so i got back to an older version and fixed it.

12345.PNG.5551c03a9992c95404b5fd130d6e2ba4.PNG

p.s: DO NOT COPY THE BIN FILES FROM THE OLD VERSION TO THE NEW ONE!. IT WILL INSTANTLY CRASH YOUR GAME AND YOUR LAUNCHER, AND CORRUPT YOUR WHOLE BIN FILES!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, =VG= keed said:
  1. The video settings can be edited here: C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Documents\ProjectReality\Profiles\0001\Video.con
  2. BACKUP THE Video.con !!!!
  3. Open with Text Editor
  4. The VideoSettings.setResolution should be the same as your normal Display resolution and refresh rate in Hz. My normal resolution is 4k@60Hz so it looks like this:
    image.thumb.png.377edf2f7a3447d2c75549c0a845fa91.png

    If you have a FullHD Display @60Hz use 1920x1080@60hz.
  5. Save the file
  6. If the resolution was not the same start the game and check if it helped.

If you need more support do this:

 Start the PR launcher, click "Support" and copy and paste everything in the Support Info field. Looks like this: 

image.png.f09c6868d1bb863aec0f428133576614.png

With this we know what system you have. Right now it's just guessing.

 

My resolution is already set to the correct one: 1366x768@60Hz and I can't start the launcher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ereen said:

if your launcher wont start.

try downloading an older version of the game, 1.5.3>etc

and then update the game it wont take 3gb from you. happend to me once so i got back to an older version and fixed it.

12345.PNG.5551c03a9992c95404b5fd130d6e2ba4.PNG

p.s: DO NOT COPY THE BIN FILES FROM THE OLD VERSION TO THE NEW ONE!. IT WILL INSTANTLY CRASH YOUR GAME AND YOUR LAUNCHER, AND CORRUPT YOUR WHOLE BIN FILES!

I'll try

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PRLauncher.txt:

Project Reality Log File
                              PRLauncher.exe started at: 2020-05-09T23:19:53
	                             Warning: Unable to add process job
                              

does this have to do with anything?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, at this point, you really should move this over to the Support forums at the Project Reality Website.... You are far beyond all of the basic things we all would try here, and are into the realm where it might be a good idea for the actual PR Devs to understand what is happening for you.  This will in turn be able to help others they come across with issues such as yours, or even other users who read your post (and it's eventual resolution).

Please check out the pinned topics near the top, these have information that can help and also help them help you:

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have amazin Resolution Settings. Can you check your videocard gpu uf this supports that?

I heared people have problems due to resolution settings 800/600 and the videoccard wasn't set up for those 800/600.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, =VG= Fastjack said:

You have amazin Resolution Settings. Can you check your videocard gpu uf this supports that?

I heared people have problems due to resolution settings 800/600 and the videoccard wasn't set up for those 800/600.

I have and it supports my resolution.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

Honestly, at this point, you really should move this over to the Support forums at the Project Reality Website.... You are far beyond all of the basic things we all would try here, and are into the realm where it might be a good idea for the actual PR Devs to understand what is happening for you.  This will in turn be able to help others they come across with issues such as yours, or even other users who read your post (and it's eventual resolution).

Please check out the pinned topics near the top, these have information that can help and also help them help you:

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27

 

I'll try to contact one of the devs, I have made a thread and no replies...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

different name on those forums? didn't see it....

2 minutes ago, realCarlo4SPP said:

I'll try to contact one of the devs

maybe just bump the thread if it got lost in the mix

Edited by =VG= SemlerPDX
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8.5.2020 at 6:10 PM, realCarlo4SPP said:

How do you mean 

On 8.5.2020 at 4:37 PM, =VG= 0100011000101 said:

you can try to uncheck "Fullscreen" in the launcher under "options / video" and see if there is an error message.

I could only do it in the files, the launcher won't start!

sorry i read it wrong.

 

8 hours ago, realCarlo4SPP said:

PRLauncher.txt:


Project Reality Log File
                              PRLauncher.exe started at: 2020-05-09T23:19:53
	                             Warning: Unable to add process job
                              

 

does this have to do with anything?

 

to me it sounds like that windows defender or another (anti) virus tool does not let this process work.
This may be due to the fact that you may have copied it once and it now looks "manipulated" for this software.
but could also mean that an important directory/file is copy-protected or damaged.

but no idea if that's the case.
You could try to turn off all antivirus software (including defender) for a short time, uninstall PR, restart (use ccleaner, restart), turn everything off again and then reinstall pr (maybe to another directory).

if you want to try installations of older versions let me know i have 1.5.0 with all updates on a google drive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×