Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Markers not sticking

Vanillapop

It used to be like that, you would shoot a tracer and it would stick to where you aimed at and stay on as long as you are looking down the binos.

They removed that a few updates ago and you need to constantly track the target, your best bet is to just find a cheeky safe spot where you can hold the lase.

Although I'm not sure if it's a bug or a feature, I see an element of realism and a benefit to it:

Infantry & armor usually moving, so the marker becomes outdated very quickly.  In real life, an operator would track the enemy asset and provide real-time coordinates for a strike if possible. Similarly, to keep tabs on an enemy you need a friendly player to stalk them.

Secondly, disappearing markers don't clutter up the map and are realistic in their own way. The battlefield is very dynamic, so any marker that's not a stationary weapon will be obsolete in seconds. When infantry is marked, squad leaders can adjust their own action marker accordingly. When requesting CAS, ideally you want the marker to stay just long enough for CAS to see it and take note, then disappear. If another squad requests CAS, having 2 markers simultaneously could cause confusion. 

Unless you're referring to the laser of your GTLD? That was changed because 'lasertag and duck' was kind of OP, not even requiring a spotter to see his target when the bombs came :P 

Depending on the marker you're referring to, they've always disappeared relatively fast. Commander markers last somewhere around 5 to 10 minutes from the time of placement to disappearance. The GTLD was updated so not to display the actual designated target being painted. I don't entirely understand removing the green box, but I do agree duck duck goose with the GTLD was OP on Khami, Banyan, and Black Gold.

1 hour ago, Golden said:

Depending on the marker you're referring to, they've always disappeared relatively fast. Commander markers last somewhere around 5 to 10 minutes from the time of placement to disappearance. The GTLD was updated so not to display the actual designated target being painted. I don't entirely understand removing the green box, but I do agree duck duck goose with the GTLD was OP on Khami, Banyan, and Black Gold.

I'm talking about when you call the laze and a marker shows up on the map, but it doesnt on coop

It does show up on coop. But it only lasts a few seconds. I agree with what Acro said, it is more realistic because the AO is so dynamic. I haven't played deployment in quite a while, but if what you say is true, I'm not sure why it stays on the map longer in deployment versus coop. Perhaps a minor oversight.

To clarify, he means the orange cross that appears for two seconds on the map when a SL or spotter lazes a target or spot and hits "Need MISSILE/BOMB/CANNON" on the Q commo rose.

In COOP it appears only for 1-2 seconds. It is very helpful because most spotter either just click the button or yell "tank lazed" but never include the (rough) location.

I would like to have it stay longer as well. Maybe 10 seconds to give pilots time to see the icon on the map.

@=VG= TEDF How long is it in on deployment?

• Upvote 1

On Deployment, request markers such as supplies or lases stay up for about a minute or two (?), SPOT markers stay up for about 5-ish minutes (?) with the limit of 3 markers per squad leader and unlimited for the commander. My guess is, the reason markers are set to stay for a very brief time on COOP is simply to  avoid having people clobber up the map with random markers that become irrelevant fast as the AI almost never sits in one place. Static emplacement markers should currently stay up for about the same time they do on Deployment.

• Upvote 1