Jump to content
zero_tolerance_s

PR its evolving... into WW2

Recommended Posts

I assume you were equally unhappy when PR Vietnam was incorporated into standard PR?

I think it's a smart idea:  rather than split the community through 3 different war mods, they're all in one and just dictated by the maplist choices of any given server.  So, if there were numbers like the old days, someone could run a WW2 only, or Vietnam only server - or just play the cool maps they like, now and then, alongside normal PR.

Well... you can make some people happy all of the time, and all people happy some of the time, but never all of the people all of the time.  :dirol:

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i think i will fall in love with this nw updates ^^ waiting for my new PC to arrive in few days. damn i sold the old one :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's put it this way - people are unhappy even with Vietnam maps most of the time on our server because there either isn't enough people, or they don't like "lack of tech" and don't know how to play without it. Adding another era to PR is a great idea considering you can add more variety to the server with maps and factions, and you can split communities and servers based on those eras, just like Sem said.

 

On the other note, I am looking forward to it! Love WW2 setting, and I am ready for new challenges!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

I assume you were equally unhappy when PR Vietnam was incorporated into standard PR?

I think it's a smart idea:  rather than split the community through 3 different war mods, they're all in one and just dictated by the maplist choices of any given server.  So, if there were numbers like the old days, someone could run a WW2 only, or Vietnam only server - or just play the cool maps they like, now and then, alongside normal PR.

Well... you can make some people happy all of the time, and all people happy some of the time, but never all of the people all of the time.  :dirol:

So do you think that it will run like a WW2 map? Just like Vietnam map? If so, its fine. Initially I've thought that it will replace completely the PR as we know it. And that happened because I've read recently some comments saying that there are some copyright issues with the "images" of the modern weapons and vehicles. (https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/11/09/humvee-manufacturer-suing-activision-over-call-of-duty-vehicles/) Also Bluedrake made a video about this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoD9gyh5kaU

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No eastern maps? No soviet faction? 2/10, literally unplayable.

Jokes aside though, I am interested, mainly because I much more prefer WW-2, Korean settings (PR Korea War when?) over more modern ones. Probably due to lack of fancy modern gadgets.

13 minutes ago, .Blizzard. said:

I like this idea but i do have my doubts about some maps and bots.

Let's make then WW2 Muttrah, with Germans in the docks having severals MGs and PAKs aiming at ours incoming LCAs.

 

 

Mhmm, now when I think about it, would it be possible to make a match between modern faction and ww2 faction, after PR:WW2 eventual release? Could be used for some sci fi event.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Spartanish said:

No eastern maps? No soviet faction? 2/10, literally unplayable.

Jokes aside though, I am interested, mainly because I much more prefer WW-2, Korean settings (PR Korea War when?) over more modern ones. Probably due to lack of fancy modern gadgets.

Let's make then WW2 Muttrah, with Germans in the docks having severals MGs and PAKs aiming at ours incoming LCAs.

 

 

Mhmm, now when I think about it, would it be possible to make a match between modern faction and ww2 faction, after PR:WW2 eventual release? Could be used for some sci fi event.

 

And you quoted me for ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your supposed doubts toward maps? Isn't it obvious?

Edited by Spartanish
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it makes anyone feel better, there will likely be no COOP mode for this WW2 stuff - at release, anyway - because no one wants to do the navmesh for all those new maps.

So, sadly, unless someone steps up and gets cracking a little faster than a map a month, PR WW2 COOP will be a long way off....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

If it makes anyone feel better, there will likely be no COOP mode for this WW2 stuff - at release, anyway - because no one wants to do the navmesh for all those new maps.

Wrong.

The exact stuff above is why I am R-CON now

I am working on it with outlawz I have 2 maps meshed already but not anywhere near my likings. We are having the issue that non of the new buildings have a col3 mesh and this means it will simply cutout the entire building and bots can’t go inside. However slowly outlawz is providing me with the col3 buildings so I can let my computer chew on it for few days.

However I am quit frankly not really interessted in all the WW2 maps and I might only do 1 or 2 and wait until the deployment update wave has passed so I don’t have to remesh the map all the time. 

Note that we still have 1 more non supported map been Iron Thunder Beta. (Outpost is in next update). I rather focus on fixing the current 110+ maps/layers than creating new maps.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

5 hours ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

If it makes anyone feel better, there will likely be no COOP mode for this WW2 stuff - at release, anyway - because no one wants to do the navmesh for all those new maps.

So, sadly, unless someone steps up and gets cracking a little faster than a map a month, PR WW2 COOP will be a long way off....

If there is anyone that can teach me i ll gladly help with the mesh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can teach you the PR editing. But it mainly depends what you want to do. Generating the navmesh is nothing more then having your computer chew on the map for a couple of days and then hope you have no issues in the mesh and that it stays below 700.000 triangles. But the steps you have to do before is the main problem but I got it nearly fully automated. I highly suggest you stay out of this as it is really annoying ass work.

The main support would be with fixing the maps in the way of create more spawnpoints for bots. Move assets around and change the temperature values for flag importance. This work only requires you to install the PR editor and have some basic skills with the right click menu and that can be thought in a nights time. 

For starters start with installing the editor. You have to do every step except the lightmaps. Once you got this running I can show you over teamvieuwer the basics and your set to go editing.

most of the how to edit is on the website but it is much quicker to simply show you how to edit and use the documentation next to it.

editor files

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14468

Manuals 

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20862

 

I am currently on Holliday to zandvoort DTM raceing I will be back Monday.

if others are also interested in editing then note it and I shall help you as wel 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, =VG= Double_13 said:

I can teach you the PR editing. But it mainly depends what you want to do. Generating the navmesh is nothing more then having your computer chew on the map for a couple of days and then hope you have no issues in the mesh and that it stays below 700.000 triangles. But the steps you have to do before is the main problem but I got it nearly fully automated. I highly suggest you stay out of this as it is really annoying ass work.

The main support would be with fixing the maps in the way of create more spawnpoints for bots. Move assets around and change the temperature values for flag importance. This work only requires you to install the PR editor and have some basic skills with the right click menu and that can be thought in a nights time. 

For starters start with installing the editor. You have to do every step except the lightmaps. Once you got this running I can show you over teamvieuwer the basics and your set to go editing.

most of the how to edit is on the website but it is much quicker to simply show you how to edit and use the documentation next to it.

editor files

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14468

Manuals 

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20862

 

I am currently on Holliday to zandvoort DTM raceing I will be back Monday.

if others are also interested in editing then note it and I shall help you as wel 

Im :big_boss: but i don't know ... maybe i will give it a shot when i have my  new PC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, =VG= Double_13 said:

However I am quit frankly not really interessted in all the WW2 maps and I might only do 1 or 2 and wait until the deployment update wave has passed so I don’t have to remesh the map all the time. 

Note that we still have 1 more non supported map been Iron Thunder Beta. (Outpost is in next update). I rather focus on fixing the current 110+ maps/layers than creating new maps.

....so, basically, this means that:

14 hours ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

So, sadly, unless someone steps up and gets cracking a little faster than a map a month, PR WW2 COOP will be a long way off....

:hi:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13.7.2018 at 1:46 PM, =VG= Double_13 said:

Generating the navmesh is nothing more then having your computer chew on the map for a couple of days and then hope you have no issues in the mesh and that it stays below 700.000 triangles.

what exactly happens there? Does that mean you need cpu-power?
if it helps I can "borrow" 16 cores, 32 threats, 4ghz ^ ^
... unless we are rendering ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is technically rendering but it only consumes CPU. With technically I mean that we are making an object but the object has no texture we are only calculating the shape of the object. However this step is not the main problem as I also have some servers that can chew on the data for few days it is the possible editing after it.

the navmesh mainly needs some cleaning and checking and this takes time.

most help would be thinking of new layouts for maps (flag locations/cap order and assets) even just drawing them out on paint/paper would help because I sadly know the limits of each map and this limits my ideas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18.7.2018 at 5:44 PM, =VG= Double_13 said:

most help would be thinking of new layouts for maps (flag locations/cap order and assets) even just drawing them out on paint/paper would help because I sadly know the limits of each map and this limits my ideas. 

Current map layouts don't differ all to much from the deployment versions. The flags have to be already under AI control and incompatible flags (re-)moved. A flag is normally some kind of sight. strategic positions or zone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well true but I can’t do this on every map because it should still be playable on non VG servers. 

But even then having a different twists to maps is something fun. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×