Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

New PC

Double_13

So I ordered all the parts for my new computer. As my current computer passed the age of 6.

Here are the new specs

Intel® Core i7-8086K, 4.0 GHz (5,0 GHz Turbo Boost) socket 1151
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, socket 1151
Thermaltake View 31 TG RGB
Thermaltake Toughpower iRGB Plus Platinum 1050W
Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 360 Premium

G.Skill 16 GB DDR4-3200 Kit
GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition 11G
2x M.2 Samsung 512 GB, 970 PRO SSD  Raid0

I specifically picked this CPU because the high clock frequency per core that I need for various tasks and old game.
While I know Nvidea is going to poop out a new GPU series I simply cant be asked to wait another half year before the 2nd gen comes out (1th gen always has flaws)  

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, 0100011000101 said:

why not 32 or 64 gb ram on such a machine?

In any case, that sounds like fun ...;)

Cus its not really needed according to what i searched up. I no longer need to ramdrive my games as the m.2 is fast enough (yes people i still use ramdrive)  

If any I can always shove more ram in it.

I am thinking of buying an PCI express m.2 drive and add a Samsung evo 960 2TB in it for more storage. (the 2 slots on the board already taken) But i rather wait for the prices to drop a bit.

Hey, Ramdrive is still a very cool concept, if one does not have m.2 -- and nowadays, we can get enough ram to actually hold very large titles (Arma was always a bitch with streaming data from HDD, so that would really help)  and if someone is trying to eliminate or identify a bottleneck, it is a great way to rule out the storage devices.

Like you said, can always buy more ram down the road if you find a use for it.  :drinks:

That is shaping up to be one slick maching, mang!    You gonna feed it Windows 7 or come over to the darkside for DX12 in Win10 (ug - threw up in my mouth a little while writing that, Win10 is just that bad) haha

43 minutes ago, =VG= Double_13 said:

Probably dualboot but it depends. I probably install windows 10 or windows server 2016. At work i was kinda forced to use windows 10 and with enough poking in regedit its not that bad. 

but this would be much better

Im not pro but i don't think there is currently  better than win 10. if you cut the useless updates ofcourse. in my opinion... 

21 hours ago, ranger_12 said:

if you cut the useless updates ofcourse.

That's the whole point, tho.  No one should have do that, it's insane and highly un-intuitive.  Sure, us young folks might get by, but what about our parents, and other older friends?

An OS should not be a hassle.  Period.  Win10 = FAIL  ... use at your own discretion, not recommended for everyone (especially the old or non-technical folks) haha!