Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Squad creation time

Guest Brian_Duncan

Hi, I just want to suggest that there's a time limit for squad creation, it's really unfair if you don't have an SSD since others do they'll be able to get the asset squads first. In my case this happened :/  Maybe make squads makeable at the 2:00 mark

2 hours ago, HaterOneActual said:

Please correct me if I'm wrong. I believe, if you read the rules, locking to wait for specific crew members is allowed in the rules

" Assets squads may be locked if the squad leader is waiting for a slow loading player. (Friend who is going to fly cobra with player) It cannot be locked if there are other assets to use. "

Too me. This Suggests you may lock the squad if the squad is based around one two man asset. This rule isn't exactly clear on the topic but It does seem unfair to lock a squad with multiple assets because you want your friends to have them. - It would work if people were reasonable and would give it to for instance Brian next round. But lets be honest. That's not going to happen so if the rule is literally you can lock squads so your friends can have assets then its punishing people for not being able to pay for a better computer because Hell if I know. Maybe Brian has 4 teenage kids a wife and a mortgage and insurance hes paying. Hardly seems fair.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, =VG= Gaz said:

" Assets squads may be locked if the squad leader is waiting for a slow loading player. (Friend who is going to fly cobra with player) It cannot be locked if there are other assets to use. "

Too me. This Suggests you may lock the squad if the squad is based around one two man asset. This rule isn't exactly clear on the topic but It does seem unfair to lock a squad with multiple assets because you want your friends to have them. - It would work if people were reasonable and would give it to for instance Brian next round. But lets be honest. That's not going to happen so if the rule is literally you can lock squads so your friends can have assets then its punishing people for not being able to pay for a better computer because Hell if I know. Maybe Brian has 4 teenage kids a wife and a mortgage and insurance hes paying. Hardly seems fair.

I sometimes lock the squad because people in TS want to use it and they take 20 sec longer to load. I just create the squad let them join and leave. 
I find that this is in reasonable way allowed because you also grant players who are slower the access to the assets they normally cant use it.

I find that within 1 min from the moment first player loads up a squad can be locked for waiting for someone else. If the squad has 4 assets the squad can be locked at 3 so the final slot is for the slow guy.

I think the CAS and TRANS squad is critical, so just because a person spawns in before everyone else shouldnt mean that they can create a TRANS squad and then spend the next ten minutes learning how to fly the asset.

I'm all for people earning a reputation before they fly in important supporting role type squads. Nothing worse than a TRANS squad that cannot do its job properly.

If you're going to make rules on this please consider the guys on the ground who have to put up with players operating assets they are not competent to operate.

just my 2 cents,

Kav

• Upvote 1

"Just upgrade your pc" is exactly the answer I was expecting to hear...I don't have kids but am a full time college student and my father is the only income in the house, and he's a part time postgraduate student in top of that... What happened to me is like when you go to a busy shop and there's a big queue and you see the person standing in front of you just like 3 of his friends go next to him after waiting 5 minutes... I never said it was against the rules which is why I want change and it's in the suggestions :P

• Upvote 2