Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

New Arma 3 Server?

=VG= Connor

New Server  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like this too?

• Yeah!
    • Nah!
    • I don't play Arma but I want to vote anyway :)

This poll is closed to new votes

7 minutes ago, =VG= Sausag3 said:

https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/5.9.23.136:2802

Who ever has the access and knowledge to use banners, here is the above link to the GT for this server

Server will need to be stopped, renamed and claimed, and then re-renamed to normal and started back up.  I'll take care of it later today when the server is empty. :coffee:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Nerojr said:

Make sure to download the beta version TFAR from the Teampseak 3 SOG channel, your teampseak TFAR version should be 1.0 higher

Connor is making a quick guide for installing TFAR in the VG Wiki, also, next week I will get a full info page created for this new server, I have a feeling we'll keep it online along with the others even if we jump between the other servers.  We have the space to have "flavors", glad to use it!

• VG Seal of Approval 1

We are actively discussing having a Modded Prairie Fire Server, as well as a non-modded vanilla server running a Vietnam flavor of VG Insurgency SOAR.  As we have with our current non-modded Insurgency SOAR server and the modded Insurgency ACE server.  There are large crowds in both these groups of players, and we do have the ability to do it so we likely will.  Got other things on the table, too, so no ETA while we discuss how and get the work done.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

We are actively discussing having a Modded Prairie Fire Server, as well as a non-modded vanilla server running a Vietnam flavor of VG Insurgency SOAR.  As we have with our current non-modded Insurgency SOAR server and the modded Insurgency ACE server.  There are large crowds in both these groups of players, and we do have the ability to do it so we likely will.  Got other things on the table, too, so no ETA while we discuss how and get the work done.

Yes please! the mods are almost unnecessary, the DLC already improves on pretty much every gameplay aspect, and these small ‘quality of life’ mods stop a lot of traffic, I saw a bunch of people trying to connect today but couldn’t because of the mods, so they didnt bother trying again. We also need to have [TFAR BETA] in the Server Name and the corresponding TS3 Channels if possible, a lot of people confused today with TFAR versions.

TFAR is built into this new DLC when you add it, so it isn’t counted as a “modded” server. Both servers should definitely have TFAR! 

Anyway, it’s been a great first day, plenty of players already and I hope we keep getting more! Thanks Semler and all the others that put this together. 🍻

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Connor said:

Yes please! the mods are almost unnecessary, the DLC already improves on pretty much every gameplay aspect, and these small ‘quality of life’ mods stop a lot of traffic, I saw a bunch of people trying to connect today but couldn’t because of the mods, so they didnt bother trying again. We also need to have [TFAR BETA] in the Server Name and the corresponding TS3 Channels if possible, a lot of people confused today with TFAR versions.

TFAR is built into this new DLC when you add it, so it isn’t counted as a “modded” server. Both servers should definitely have TFAR! 

Anyway, it’s been a great first day, plenty of players already and I hope we keep getting more! Thanks Semler and all the others that put this together. 🍻

I concur with Connor's comments. We had a decent amount of randos join today but insta kicked due to improper mods (I think). Had a blast playing with everyone today! Thnx for the efforts making this happen gents! 

• Upvote 2

Thank you all for the feedback and suggestions for improvements. And suggesting to launch this server in the first place.

As the purpose of this thread has been accomplished, there is no need to keep it active. it will be locked to avoid confusion.

I will open up a new thread so that any feedback, suggestions for improvement, changelogs and plans can be posted there.

Sharknado 3 Cheers GIF by SYFY

/locked

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1