=VG= BinkleDinkle

PR COOP thread 1.6

Found two spawnpoints on Burning Sands Std, which are active after you cap the flag

1. F7 KP5 in the eastern building at the bottom of the stairs

2. F6 KP5 in front of the warehouse by the hole in the fence

6 hours ago, =VG= Fastjack said:

@Rabbit

I have a Question. You was a mapper you also created AAS4 and redfor routes and blufor routes?

How the random flags system works? The python chosse a specifiec sublayer in the gpo?

Yeah python chooses.

"A = Its order in the sequence (starting nearest to Team 1's main)
B = If more than one CP has the same A number, B tells the computer how many to pick to be in play.
C= The route it belongs to"

So it picks sofar understand the GSID of the controlpoint.

Damn, i thought it picks a sublayer (object layer) of the gpo. If it would pick one of the sublayer, you could create one gpo for the maplayer (like std / 64) but you could  have different flags that are related to the objects layer. So one route is in object layer 1, another route in object layer 2 and a 3rd route is in object layer 3. Python picks one object layer randomly and ignores the other layers (including the strategicareas). 

If it would work like this we could have multiple routes in one maplayer. So no limitations. That means we could have 1 Million differnt Layouts for coop.

Yeah, pretty much with random you can do a lot of things. It is a lot more doable in coop than pvp; though which should be good for you.

Good for me? or good for Project Reality coop, so for the game itself?

After some conversations in PR Discord, coop is hardcodded everywhere, we can have only ONE COOP gamemode. 

I asked if it would be possible to reverse engineer the gpm_coop gamemode to include the insurgency gamemode in it. The python would check, if there are any  captureable controlpoint or ammocaches in the gpo. If the python finds only capturable CP's it will ignore any insurgency mechanics. If the python would find a ammocache in the gpo and no captureable CP's it would use the insurgency python logic and not the AAS4.

Now, Imaging, having also the Option tot have multiple routes --- i would say that's the biggest WOW in BF2 coop modding Scene. Unique. Nothing similiar ever existed in the bf2 mod world.

… but hey, ist shitty coop ….

Edit :

@Melon

I found more missing ai Parameters in some weapon.ai's like from the Shilka. It misses one of the deviations (Deviation or DeviationcorrectionTime) dont remember excatly ,yet but i imformed Arab.

• Upvote 1

Bug or feature? was chilling in front of the namer & away from screen, next thing I know I was totally inside it. & yes, I can walk in the namer

screen002.jpg

• Upvote 1

Can the driver or you or who in gods name was involved reproduce this? 

Try to get out of the Namer when his back is parked at a wall or whatever (like trying to block the exit hatch).

8 minutes ago, =VG= Fastjack said:

Can the driver or you or who in gods name was involved reproduce this? 

Try to get out of the Namer when his back is parked at a wall or whatever (like trying to block the exit hatch).

Was in Tank squad & waiting for the Merkava to spawn together with Ranger. Went prone in front of the Namer & away from screen for a short while to entertain my niece. Next thing I know I look at the screen, was inside it. Ranger say he didn't move the Namer at all. Don't think I can recreate it as it was the first time & only time it happen to me.

Well, Ranger did help me get out of it by driving it forward & I instantly went dead dead.

Edited by Cruizer
edit

I think you can reporduce it by doing the same again. I believe you was waiting exactly where the spawnpoint was and than the Namer spawned and didn't crushed you.

Or try to crouch under the Namer and stand up.

1 minute ago, =VG= Fastjack said:

I think you can reporduce it by doing the same again. I believe you was waiting exactly where the spawnpoint was and than the Namer spawned and didn't crushed you.

The Namer was already there in the first place. It didn't spawn in.

I had in deployment a similiar situation in a transhelo.

We got heavily damaged and the pilot made an emergency landing. As the chopper touched the ground i pressed E to exit the chopper and suddenly i was in the middle of the chopper and got crushed.

4 hours ago, =VG= Fastjack said:

Good for me? or good for Project Reality coop, so for the game itself?

After some conversations in PR Discord, coop is hardcodded everywhere, we can have only ONE COOP gamemode. 

I asked if it would be possible to reverse engineer the gpm_coop gamemode to include the insurgency gamemode in it. The python would check, if there are any  captureable controlpoint or ammocaches in the gpo. If the python finds only capturable CP's it will ignore any insurgency mechanics. If the python would find a ammocache in the gpo and no captureable CP's it would use the insurgency python logic and not the AAS4.

Now, Imaging, having also the Option tot have multiple routes --- i would say that's the biggest WOW in BF2 coop modding Scene. Unique. Nothing similiar ever existed in the bf2 mod world.

… but hey, ist shitty coop ….

Edit :

@Melon

I found more missing ai Parameters in some weapon.ai's like from the Shilka. It misses one of the deviations (Deviation or DeviationcorrectionTime) dont remember excatly ,yet but i imformed Arab.

1: for both?

2: probably yeah one game mode, but I would image random flags within a mesh are fine

3: do you mean random flags or the ability for a server to choose with flag route?

1: for both?  

good for Project Reality coop, so for the game itself

2: probably yeah one game mode, but I would image random flags within a mesh are fine

All flags must be placed on Navmesh. That's a requirement.

3: do you mean random flags or the ability for a server to choose with flag route?

Multiple flagroutes in the GPO (seperated by layers) and the python picks a random layer. Not controlled via mapvote or other voodoo. So not predictable.

You would load a map and wouldn't know what assets you have or the bots get because you would have multiple mainbases.

In AAS4 you can have max. 9 routes. If the other system is posible you could have at least 20 routes +++

A very interesting map mechanic I'm seeing now is bot rally points spread around the map, which continue to spawn even when the flag is captured, but are able to be destroyed by gunfire. I think this is a fantastic mechanic, which should be utilized in maps more. What map makers should do is place these well outside flags, in other directions than the bots normally come from. This requires squads to search for and destroy the rally point before they can call an area safe, and let the map makers lead people into fights not in the same places as always, without having to put a flag or a permaspawn there. I really think this should be used more often, and in place of any backcap permaspawns.  

• Like 1

PR has also the feature with random rally points. Mapper (guy who create the GPO) can place mutliple rally points and at roundstart, the gamemode logic would pick some of them randomly like ammocaches. 

I dont understand why this never got used in coop. 

On 4/30/2020 at 9:48 PM, Golden said:

Forklift + HAT or AR. Priceless.

Muttrah docks on a 3 man AT killing machine...I was deadly from the elevated platform,,,, over da wall!!!

• Upvote 1

I think something might be messed up on either the maps or the servers.

We did Ramiel Alt and Black Gold Inf, and on both maps we had practically zero enemies. We literally just walked through the map with only very minimal resistance. Is this in the maps or is this something with the server maybe? Apparently earlier today some other settings got messed up and you could drive assets without the right kit.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

We're doing Operation Marlin Alt right now and the same problem seems to happen there. No kit issues anymore, but there's barely any enemy spawns. These maps are all supposed to be pretty tough but we're only running into like 5 people max per flag. There's only 25-30 players on.

• Like 1

Ive got an issue with My Steam account is private???  News to me..i checked ands its off, but cant connect to any server?? Any thoughts????

NVM it fixed itself

hi , yesterday  my pr luncher do a small patch and now i cant connect to VG Pr coop ..Higher PR Account Level ....:cray:

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, RizlaQc said:

hi , yesterday  my pr luncher do a small patch and now i cant connect to VG Pr coop ..Higher PR Account Level ....:cray:

Let me check into that.  

• Like 1