VETERANS-GAMING is celebrating 10 Years of COOP Gaming! For the last ten years, VG has been proud to host our servers and website for so many COOP gamers and teamwork focused players, and we are thrilled to be a home away from home for anyone looking for a casual place to hang out and play games with friends!  It's been a long road and many people have come and gone over the years, some even come back after awhile, happy to see their old stomping grounds still filled with the best COOP gamers and games, and with plenty of Bots ready to give a fight and to eat some virtual lead!  We hope you all will stay with us through the next ten years, and on!  Long live VETERANS-GAMING!!

Griffin

Campaign Restart Request

Just been on the campaign and it's at day eight and the enemy have no aircraft or airbases to speak of and all the SAM threats are down. Would you please restart the campaign so we don't have a mission that feels like shooting targets at the fairground? We have to have something shooting back at us don't we. :P

Thanks.

• Upvote 1

I'm on it! Sorry for the late reply, been sidetracked by a dead server for PR here... Cheers!

(will also see about modding the day 1, not now, but asap, so BLUFOR doesn't roll over the DPRK so quick)

• Upvote 1

On 1/25/2020 at 2:46 PM, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

will also see about modding the day 1, not now, but asap, so BLUFOR doesn't roll over the DPRK so quick

FYSA - this still on the to-do list, just has not got to it yet.  Server was just restarted again to Day 1, and DPRK are still very underpowered.  A lot on my plate and real life stuff as well, but this is top on the list when I get time to dig into it.  One more cycle like this, tops, I promise  ( known/trusted members of VG and Falcon BMS communities welcome to apply to help out, I do get stretched thin between my various hats I wear at VG, and between my own projects and my own personal life, and sometimes don't have the ability to give something the prompt attention it deserves.) :hi:

Edited by =VG= SemlerPDX
  • Upvote 1

Thanks @=VG= BLuDKLoT:hi: 

@Griffin I've edited the VG Day 1 Master Campaign Save and made things a lot easier on the DPRK -- many F-15's and strike packages have been permanently grounded.  We'll see if that gives them a snowballs chance in hell.  **The new Campaign Day 1 with the above changes will be started at 0500 ZULU  (10pm USA West Coast).

@Jeffu I have also created a simple tool for preparing the server for a restart to Day 1 -- our former Server Restart to Day-1 SOP had us opening up the Save Folder and deleting between 60-100 files all labeled "VGautoSave", and when this task was forgotten, the newly restarted Day 1 campaign / server would crash as soon as it tried to write to an existing file (the auto-save interval is always 1 hour)

So the NEW SOP is to Double-Click the VG Icon for the VG BMS Server Tool on the desktop before you launch Falcon BMS and begin a new Campaign from the Day 1 Master File.  This will delete any/all AutoSave files except the VG Day 1 Master save(s).  There is a double check, too - it will ask you twice if it's okay to delete these files, but I'm not messing around with backups for simple auto-saves, so ONLY USE THIS WHEN RESTARTING TO DAY 1!!

image.pngimage.png

• Upvote 1