VETERANS-GAMING is celebrating 10 Years of COOP Gaming! For the last ten years, VG has been proud to host our servers and website for so many COOP gamers and teamwork focused players, and we are thrilled to be a home away from home for anyone looking for a casual place to hang out and play games with friends!  It's been a long road and many people have come and gone over the years, some even come back after awhile, happy to see their old stomping grounds still filled with the best COOP gamers and games, and with plenty of Bots ready to give a fight and to eat some virtual lead!  We hope you all will stay with us through the next ten years, and on!  Long live VETERANS-GAMING!!

=VG= Sausag3

Operation Frosty Dagger

23 hours ago, =VG= Sausag3 said:

Thank you all for taking part in my first event and first VG event of the year. Finally lots of good people brought back together for a good time!

Hope y'all had a smashing time getting butt fucked by vodka fueled lunatics.

In the meantime you fucked them up big time on their end. Crippling nearly a quarter of their armed forces in the whole region. Good work guys!

The start was a bit slow. as last minute changes were made.  some even had difficulties joining the server. but all eventually got fixed.

Thanks to those who tested out the mission and gave some good feedback. (Mines were amazing, thanks bliz).

What a great way to end the mission with a good ol fashioned nuke. lol

Hope yall enjoyed. There will be another event in the making soon. 

Leave your Feedback and suggestions below, would be much appreciated.

See yous on the next one

Image result for nuke

17 hours ago, =VG= Kavelenko said:

Thanks for organizing that event @=VG= Sausag3, it was my first ARMA 3 event and I had a ball or should I say "balls"?

It was a lot of fun and I know you and the guys put in a lot of effort to make it happen, top job!!

I was pretty sceptical that we would make it past RV1 but we kicked ass and completed the entire mission, even though you nuked us all at the end!

Permission to kill the commander!!!?

Awesome team work all round.

Well worth the pain in the ass of downloading every damn mod on steam rofl!

Well done!

Kav

13 hours ago, Hoops0320 said:

Well done, probably the best arma 3 event i have every taken part in (although it was my first lol). It was really good fun and a good laugh.

I think the mission idea was great and not too complex just following the trail of enemies from rv to rv.

As for my suggestions for the next event, I think it would be good fun having a convoy mission through takistan with ambushes on the way to a compound of some sort and then a defence or maybe just picking up supplies to go to the next compound.

Whatever you decide to do im sure it will be great.

Thanks sausage.

That was an excellent event!  I'm sure I was useless to Ciro as I felt like a noob again, and I hope my shit talking was not taken too seriously when I was venting frustration about the game  (i.e. last minute mod additions to a scheduled event, walking too far, getting a vehicle pickup, threatening to shoot people in the face for breaking "the 4th wall" regarding Sausag3's DM style enemy/scenario direction)

Took me back to the old days at VG when we made a big push into Arma 2 (and a little into A3).  We need to re-build the Arma division at VG!  This mil-sim is truly awesome, and perfect for the VG gaming style!

... another blast from the past - the epic VG Arma 2 Insurgency Server music video - 8 years ago....dang!  We need to make a new one for Arma 3 now I suppose:

• Upvote 2

speaking of blast from the past...

image.thumb.png.725929585a824e84bf0dd0f469f28ed3.png

I completely forgot how it looked like when i first joined the forums.

Anyway, that was a really nice event. Communication could've been better though. Just standing there in awkward silence cause the guy next to you was in a different squad was weird. Arma communication system really isnt the best.

My favourite moment was when Blazer and I started clearing houses from the South-East end of RV-4 and clearing house for house, room for room. That was dope as hell. Thanks Sausag3!!

Hope there are more Arma related stuff coming towards =VG=

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

OOh... I'm snagging that old VG PayPal graphic! Front page update coming!   ... (edit: aaaand... DONE.  that was fun! hope everyone likes the new look below the ZULU clock :hi: )

2 hours ago, =VG= l3RY4N said:

Just standing there in awkward silence cause the guy next to you was in a different squad was weird. Arma communication system really isnt the best.

WIth ACRE you know, anytime you talk (or use PTT if active) it transmits on the 'direct' channel where anyone in earshot can hear, even if you use a short or long range radio to talk to someone actually in your squad far away.

With default A3 you manually have to change your 'channel' from Group to Side or Global, or Vehicle, or Direct - as desired.  You are so right - really is not the best!

Edited by =VG= SemlerPDX
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

With default A3 you manually have to change your 'channel' from Group to Side or Global, or Vehicle, or Direct - as desired.  You are so right - really is not the best!

Yeah sucks in the communications department, I'm creating a voice attack profile for ARMA which changes channels based on my voice commands, that might be useful. That cuts out the need to cycle through the channels to get to the one you want. See what you've started here Sem!

• Upvote 3

We've just set up TS3 for TFAR - Task Force Arrowhead Radio  http://radio.task-force.ru/en/

So, might wanna make up some commands to help navigate those hotkeys, too... ;) This mod will be used on our Arma 3 Mod server and for future A3 Events.  We'll get used to it, make up some easy tips for the new users, and have some fun!

When making missions (with radio mods in mind) consider the old ShackTac 'Rule of 3' -- a leader should never have to communicate with more than 3 leaders below them:

For a Squad, this would be Squad Leader > Fire Team Leader 1 / Fire Team Leader 2 / Fire Team Leader 3
Each FireTeam could have 3-4 members and would all be in the same Squad Radio Channel (incremented by 1 for each fire team), but Fire Team Leaders have access to a mid-range radio such as the SL has for speaking to other SL's, etc.

Everyone can hear anyone when talking on local, just like Mumble, or if they are near someone talking on a radio channel the are not on.  When radios are not needed, we speak normally when all together, and it has 3D positional audio.  AI Bots can hear this and zero in on location, and call out that they heard you, too.

The Squad Leader uses a Long Range Radio (or a dedicated radio person to haul that shit) for calling Fire Support or communicating with Command
For a Commander, this would be Commander > Squad Leader 1 / Squad Leader 2 / Squad Leader 3

For very huge events, multiple Commanders could comprise groups such as Platoons, from infantry to specialized infantry, to vehicle platoons, mechanized units, and even fire support, air support, and transportation / supplies.  But starting small, the Rule of 3 can help keep the task of organization and leadership in a manageable and time tested form.

:hi: