Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

BMS Server Down (POST HERE IF DOWN!)

Brain

11 minutes ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

Restarted to last autosave.  Kaos - you joined when I was restarting, had a 20 minute real clock when I launched; tried to message you about it, had to shut it all down to kick you out so I could restart it with a fast clock - hope you understand.  It's running now.

No worries, I was too slow replying.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Campaign must be over or something.  I restarted it to Day 1.

I saved the autosaves in another folder in case you all disagree and want me to try to restart from them - I hate making unilateral decisions about a campaign you all play in, but I think after 3 crashes so close, it's necessary.

• Upvote 1

It did not crash last night.  I saw that Brain had some IVC issues, but other flights after that had no IVC issues that I could see, so I assume the problem resolved itself.  I'd be happy to change it back to the Day 14 save files we left off on, to see if there is a problem with the save file causing crashes, or if they are just a string of coincidental crashes that gave us that impression.  I'll be saving the save files from yesterday/today in the event that a Day 14 test just keeps crashing again, so that I can just restart from where the campaign is right now and not Day 1 beginning.

I'm home all day today and I'll be keeping an eye on it as it goes to watch for crashes - but if it does crash mid-day for no apparent reason, I feel we must abandon the save and start fresh *(by which I mean going back to the save files we've been playing since last night, currently on Day 2).

On my last flight a few days ago I was flying with CobaltUK and both had issues with the game. My flight plan had a few extra steerpoints in it that were not supposed to be there, his flight plan was different than what was planned and resembled the flight plan generated by the AI when you first add a package. The coordinate system in his case was totally off as he was getting wrong distances from the steerpoints. On my screen a memory usage warning message appeared a few times ( BMS using 98% of allocated memory, have never seen that before. I restart the game after each flight to prevent memory leak so I doubt it was a problem on my side) 

Problem with the process running on the server(memory leak or memory hogging sort of thing)? Corrupted save file?

I'm hoping we'll find out soon.  I went ahead and restarted the campaign from the Day 14 save file, and it seemed to be running fine all day.  Just now I noticed it had crashed, but it had progressed and created several more autosave files since, so I restarted it from the latest one.

If you guys notice any more issues like Kaos described above, please let me know.  If the game seems fouled up, I'd be happy to scrap the save files and continue from the beginning of the war with different saves - but I need input for that.

• Upvote 1

Not sure what was up - the server looked just fine on it's side.  There was someone (callsign Viper, so not sure who) about to takeoff - told him to wait for a quick restart.  Saved, so it's restarted to whatever time it was right now.  Hope it works better now.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...