Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Does anyone know what this is called??

=VG= BLuDKLoT

??

That's DCS in VR... I though you were asking who makes the 'S' bracket to hold the stick on the desk like that at first - lol - then I watched the video.

Looks like the user has done a decent job of positioning his real life hardware to the location it appears when in VR, even down to the location of the Thrustmaster MFD's (I bet they are taped down so they don't move) and that way when he reaches out his hand in VR to where they visually appear, they are in the same approximate location in the real world.  Even though he would be unable to see his own hand in VR, the kinesthetic effect would still make it feel very natural.  Being "blind" to the real work while in VR is a pain in the ass, I find myself trying to peak through the gap by my nose, but one day whenever they release a 'better than 2nd Generation VR' kit, with all the things I'd want, I'll upgrade.

VR is absolutely amazing right out of the box for anything with a "cage" around you - talkin jet/aircraft, race car, big old 18-wheeler truck, spaceship, roller coaster, etc. etc. BUT then that is ONLY for those which support VR, and are 'easy' to play - I tried DCS in VR, and you might as well kiss situational awareness goodbye, let alone being able to see anything at any distance due to the limited pixel density - things can only get so small and retain definition when you mount your PC monitor to your freakin face ;) 

Flying in War Thunder in a simple WW2 analog airplane:  perfect and best experience I've had in VR...
Flying a sim in VR:  terrible, can't read tiny text on important gauges, can't see far outside the cockpit.. worst experience I've had in VR...

What needs to improve is the 'walk around and shoot stuff' type of VR experience - because any slow latency or dips can cause a nauseating effect that doesn't just make you a little ill for a few moments, but queasy for a couple hours.  Throwing the most powerful PC with the most demanding and capable VR headset (despite any of it's other features, or lack of, or shitty head mount) is still technologically limited by the software and other current gen issues.

VR is incredibly expensive, you can pretty much only buy one of the many different brands "sight unseen, untested", unless you are somehow able to find a place that lets you demo all of them side by side - it's a thing that reminds me of those comic book ads from way back... looked great on paper, but in real life there are so many compromises that unless you can really know which one is best "FOR YOU", and which are just total marketing gimmick BS to try and 'get in the game' of selling VR headsets, you best save your money and do your research.

• Like 1

I've done those things before at a local place that had seats you could rent and fly per hour it was fun but would get horribly motion sick because that have full range of motion watching that was more mild I could do that. Gfx weren't that great tho.