Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Falcon BMS 4.33 u3 for Xmas

Brain

VG BMS Server will remain on 4.33.2 (U2) until we have a new campaign save file for U3 - shouldn't take more than a day or few, but do not update if you wish to fly online here today and for the next few days (tentatively).  Keep an eye on this thread, I will reply here before I begin updating the server and after to minimize player downtimes. *(server is now updated to U3)

I'm gonna need help to recreate the Master Day 1 save file for BMS 4.33.3 -- these are the details for our current save, we'd like to match them as closely as possible.

The Day 1 KTO file should be started from Rolling Fire as the 909th out of Kadena (Fukuoka Airbase) (KC-135) with the Difficulty Settings shown below.  Hoping Sinu or someone can help us set this up again.  Thanks in advance!

On 10/8/2016 at 10:37 PM, Sinu said:

Made Carrier Vinson appear on day 1 of campaign, its AI squadrons are not active until China/Russia joins the war.

For advanced users and CMR Pilots, we have various aircraft to fly. This is not a complete list of all squadrons at these airbases, only the player squadrons (not fragged by HQ):

Choongwon
600th FS  F-16CM-52
908th TS KC-135 (AI Controlled/HQ Fragged)*
910th TS KC-10 (AI Controlled/HQ Fragged)*
*to be used (not flown) by players for AAR support in missions

Kunsan
80th FS -- F-16CM Block 40
601st FS -- F-16CM Block 52
602nd FS -- KF-16CM Block 52

Carrier VINSON
603rd FS -- F/A-18C
604th FS -- F/A-18E

Osan
36th FS -- F-16CM Block 40
605th FS -- F-16CM Block 52
606th FS -- KF-16CM Block 52

Seosan
120th -- KF-16CM Block 52
157th -- KF-16CM Block 52
607th -- F-16CM Block 52
608th -- KF-16CM Block 52

On 10/8/2016 at 11:25 PM, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

I forgot to include the Difficulty settings we use in that pictures folder. sorry.

Force Ratio sliders need to be heavily weighted in DPRK's favor to make any kind of challenge.  We've been running like this all year, best to set them as they were.  My bad...

BMS VG New Difficulty April 2016.JPG

Rad:  Be sure to make note of your customized user config file settings and apply them individually to the new config file that's part of the U3 update.

Helpful to note that this update adjusts the user config, so note your settings cuz you'll have to redo them after the U3 update.

I got the Korea Master made.

I have taken the liberty of making a dynamic weather map that uses real world weather from Korea. The campaign will update its dynamic weather every hour after 06:00. The weather is accurate until about campaign day 20 where it will loop over itself.

Semler, in order to enable the .fmap you need to load it manually when you start the server. Use this screen

bbcbe80626.jpg

In the box select "map model" -- then select the "VG Master" weather file. It should load and begin to make dynamic weather from then on after 06:00 in-game time.

VG KTO Master.rar

• Upvote 1

Threaded optimization, AFAIK. Been thinking about conducting a poll vote to see how many are unable to run the 64 bit version due to their PC limitations.  32 bit is fast becoming the minority among computers and even laptops, might be time to re-evaluate the common standard with regards to this server as well.

• Upvote 1

I would like to mention that I have seen obvious increase in this server's stability and performance on U3. I have even been seeing nearly accurate kill counts in the debrief screens of my missions!

I hope the other Viper drivers will let me know how the real world weather updates are working out. In the test flights I've flown it really adds something to the campaign.

• Upvote 1

I didn't setup dynamic weather for the server correctly -- here's the correct procedure.

Download the .rar attached below. It will include a lot of .fmap files. Place those .fmaps into the server's \Data\Campaign\Save\WeatherMapsUpdates folder.

72770c9a98.jpg

Basically, click maps auto update, load veterans.fmap and hit SAVE WTH -- every hour the new fmaps will be loaded.

link: http://puu.sh/t9g6E/6014ff1c43.rar

• Upvote 1

Okay - gonna try this... I do not see a file called veterans.fmap, but in the RAR Day1 save files, you did include a file called VG Master.fmap

I've added the many .fmap files to the appropriate campaign weather folder, and I've started again with only the Day 1 (VG Master) files you provided.  I've selected VG Master as the Weather Map following the above instructions to auto update and save with.

If any of this is incorrect and you meant to include another set of save files and another master .fmap file along with this set of .fmap files, please let me know.

Thanks again, Sinu!!  I'm sure most people will appreciate dynamic weather!

Can the master saved VG be edited some time so that the 36th 120th and 80th are not set HQ  unless the previous info on which are and which are not HQ has changed. Thanks.

Changing weather is `realistic` but ground missions being scrubbed and that awful almost painful sky above blanket clouds is a big negative. A smattering of rainy days is bearable. But all that was a previous setup so this might be way better. Thanks Sinu anticipation :) 

Those squadrons are supposed to be human only - I did not verify any of the squadrons in the save file Sinu provided, I assumed it was correct based on the list above. 

FIXED

I went through the squadrons and ensured our human ones are not set by HQ.  If I missed any others, please let me know.  Server restarted once again to day 1 first hour.  Thank you for the heads up, CobaltUK!

3rd time's a charm, right?

No worries. I changed it in the master file for good, only losing an hour of game progress at the time - it won't come up again now.  I see that it could have just run out as you had changed them manually though, I see the point - I could have just left it and changed the master day 1 down the road at the next campaign restart.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, the server just ran though a complete campaign in 4.33.3 with the new weather setup, and it reached Day 26.

Input?  Thoughts?  Was the weather acceptable and playable? 

It's also been requested that we allow players to use custom aircraft skins, but to do this, we'd have to turn off the config rule "same AC Data required" -  I'd like your thoughts and opinions for or against this.  So few people cheat at BMS, it's more of an issue of server stability and I'm not sure if custom skins will cause any instability, but still I'd like to discuss it first.  Should we allow custom aircraft skins?

Thanks for the input - if you could pass the word around to the others as you see them, so we could get their input as well, I would appreciate it.  I don't want to turn off the same AC data required rule if one of you guys already know that it's not a smart idea, and also opinions on the weather from the regular players would be great.

Gut feeling is that custom anything on a P2P public server might be a bad idea. Based on no facts though. Weather seems ok. In such a small theatre as Korea I would prefer 10 min changes so that weather is changing  during mission dependant on location as per RL.  Its fine as is but would like to try. Ran a 10 min change offline when the feature of real weather maps 1st became available.

Recently I have forced a CS connection on myself with no apparent downside. Its been suggested that is better for players with sub 5 Mbit upload.

• Upvote 1

Serria!

Just got my clock cleaned by 4 Mig-29's and 1 AI wingman killed on a day 5 sweep.

Some other players came on during my fight/flight. They tried to comm with me via text but I did not know how to in game text. Another thing to learn.

I attempted to talk via IVC on Victor 15 and Uniform 6 but no joy.

I was on TS but had audio off. From now on I'll leave TS3 On.

Mike 29's are no piece of cake when 4 v 1. Lesson here: do not 1 v 4 Mig-29's...Doh!

Till next furball,

Asp

• Upvote 1

Hi Asp, as no doubt you know by now, the default keys for chat in game is shift T. Get yourself killed easy using in flight though :)  Not sure but if you select UHF 13 you may be heard by others in game. Might be more to it than that.

Never seen so much enemy activity south of Flot by day 5. probably caused by not much human input this campaign.

• Upvote 2