Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

My system

=VG= Murderface0151

So i thought, to mark me getting my first X4, i'd give you guys a look see at my computer.

it's nothing much but it does me juuuust fine :)

Specs:

Ati Radeon HD4850 IceQ 1GB Cache
4GB Corsair DDR2 RAM
AMD Phenom II 955 OC @ 3.6Ghz adorned with a rather large Freezer 13 PRO CPU cooler
Gigabyte MA770-US3 Mobo with Dual Bios and 2oz copper layer
WD 320GB HDD 7200RPM
CoolerMaster 650W PSU

now i really want to show my new CPU Cooler off, It's an absolute beast and a half i tell ya.

here's a couple pics of my setup.

if you guys would follow up with pics of your systems that'd be fantastic.
look forward to seeing em :)

P.S could someone inform me if LEDs are old news? i walked into a PC store the other day to buy the blue LED fan and he said they're too dated and out of fashion :( haha chinese people are funny right? :P

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your worries are duly noted haha, if i notice any performance errors i might switch it around, but i'd rather have a hotter than norm GPU than a hotter than norm CPU.

take some pictures of your system man, i'm intrigued because no two are ever the same, it's awesome :D

Looks awesome, man!! So the RAM slots on that Mobo are paired 1&2 and 3&4? I noticed you have your 2 sticks side by side, and many Mobo paired RAM slots are 1&3 and 2&4.
Of course, you probably know your system better than I.

Love the big-ass graphics card. It's a shame that she's near the end of her usable life, but just as amazing that it still works well enough to game righteously.
!2cool

Murderface0151 LAN_WROTE ...

will i see any increase of performance?

Most likely, but I think it was Poffadder I was talking to about RAM address crap recently. He'd know more than I.

I also posted my Pics in another thread, as I built up this monster back in May from a Pavillion's Mobo/CPU/RAM set:

click here for blurry pictures of my build

What Semler said was correct, slots 1 and 3 are paired and slots 2 and 4 are paired. By putting your RAM into slots of same colour(color) you are running them in dual-channel. Dual-channel memory theoretically doubles the data transfer rate between the RAM and the memory controller. Do not know how much performance increase you will see though.

I will dust off my CPU cooler and snap some pics of my rig. Time to find my air in a can.

ahh cool cool.

i have a question from a friend (we are currently doing the first startup of his MONSTER gaming system haha (i7 2600k, 6950, the works pretty much) he asks, "I have 3 sticks of RAM (one of which was faulty during startup and was doing the cycle startup shutdown thing) all of which are 2GB 1600Mhz. if i were to replace the faulty 3rd stick of RAM with 2 RAM sticks of the same type, so all 4 sticks are dual-channel, would i be better off doing that or just replacing the faulty one?"

i hope that made sense, because it didnt when i was writing it.

I'll get back to you on this in the morning. (like 10 hours)

Did he purchace a triple channel kit? The Sandy Bridge chips and mobos only support dual channel. Any chance you could get links to the RAM and motherboard that he got?

Sounds like a nice system, the 2600k is a beast.

yeah he got a triple channel kit, but we're thinking the RAM itself is faulty as we took them out and tested them one by one, singling it down to 1 INFIDEL stick of RAM.

cant be arsed finding you a link poff :P but the mobo is a Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3 and the RAM is Corsair Dominator 1600Mhz.

Sounds like a bad stick. Corsair are usually very good for replacing faulty parts, especially RAM. Is it new RAM? If it is try and return the whole lot and get a dual channel Dominator kit that runs at 1.5 V because that is better suited to sandy bridge's internal memory controller. Most triple channel kits run at 1.65 V. This is important in the long run as it will increase his pc's lifetime.

Oh also looking back at your pics, your RAM was already in dual channel. So for you slots 1 and 2 are paired and slots 3 and 4 are paired. Gigabyte loves to be different.

BLuDKLoT award =VG= poffadder a most helpful member of the month award. this guys a f*****g world treasure!

been a big help dude, ill pass that info onto him. yeah the RAM is braaaaaand new, fresh virgin hardware given on a silver platter with banana leaves.

thanks for doing that check on my system poffadder, i was too lazy to look in the case hahah. LEGEND.

next doob out to you broseph.

No problem man, glad to help.

Tell him to check out Corsair Vengeance aswell. Dominator is made for overclockers so its a bit over priced for what it is at stock speeds.

I can get 16GB of Vengeance 1600MHz CL9 for 95 euros at the moment. !swoon

Let us know how it goes.

I'm going to sleep.. I'll post those pics on the weekend.. Give myself some time to remove the fur balls lurking around my case. My damn 25cm fans will suck up anything. It also doesn't help that my cat loves to sleep next to the intakes, I swear there is more cat hair inside my pc than there is on the cat itself.

okay so we isolated the stick of crapped out RAM, e-mailed the shop and sorting a replacement out now.

as for his system, its amazing! BFBC2 on absolute max, gets just over 145FPS, Arma II obviously gets creamed up too, though we didnt get an accurate FPS reading because it was just after 4:20, but i'd guess around 95FPS on max graphics.

i love computers :P and it's a unique feeling when you build or help someone build a PC and get it running, it's also nice in a way to face the challenges and overcome them. top stuff haha.

Peace,
Murder