Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Mysterious, Random Ban

sirisma

I have a laptop that I use to stay connected to various Teamspeak servers so I can monitor chat. I have no audio including notification sounds so the only way to notice activity is to look. Earlier today, after having been afk on TS for about 18 hours I was permabanned.

I don't know why.

<16:06:22> You were banned permanently from the server by "=VG= Nvram"

A few weeks ago, keed suggested to me that I should reapply for admin for the PR server. Not too long after that I started getting messed with by seemingly everybody. I'm not sure if this is part of the joke but if it is, it isn't funny.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rotblut LAN_WROTE ...

To be honest, who are you?

That actually hurts.
http://www.veterans-gaming.com/vg-plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?36554.0

Rotblut LAN_WROTE ...

just sitting in our PR COOP channel, not talking to anybody nor being in the PR game itself.

https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/5.9.23.136:16567/top_players/?query=sirisma

Sirisma is known, if not from the forums, he is known by most of us (at least by me) from in-game.
When I had more time I would also just sit in teamspeak pr coop channel just to listen to people, or ready to jump in game if there was no admin on and there was one needed.
@Keed: Why would anyone complain about someone who's AFK being in a teamspeak channel (other than the AFK channel)?

Just to clear things up in case anybody reads this later...

I deliberately use my laptop instead of my desktop to stay connected to TS so that people CAN get a hold of me. I've been Twitch streaming and Youtubering lately so not hearing what goes on in TS helps. Also, I'm constantly connected to my own clan's TS so I can't multitask both TS on my computer. I'm looking at some of you <,<

There have been at lest 20 times I've PMed or poked people in TS to say hi or report suspicious bullshittery and never gotten a response :(
If you guys actually send any text back I will eventually respond. There is a curious lack of people trying to get my attention that way.

All-in-all I'm likely going to sit in the AFK channel more often. :)

Also thanks for the unban xD

Hopefully this does not constitute thread hijacking to you guys, but if I did, my sincere apology.

I thought I would just be able to let it slide and forget about it entirely, but after having seen this thread, I am now reminded of a similar incident that happened to me previously, and thus felt the need to at least bring it up and see if this should be looked into.

Back in 4th Jan, when I was still relatively new to =VG=, I received a forum system PM informing me that I was demoted, which made me curious as how user rank works on the forum. I decided to join TS to see if someone knowledgeable could tell me about it, and found Nvram online then. Realizing I could ask a =VG= member about it, I text PM'd him to ask, and suddenly found myself banned from the server shortly after by Nvram. Semler had to try and unban me twice because I was somehow user and IP banned.

The related exchange between Semler and me could be seen in the forum chatbox's history (somewhere on page 36/37 at this moment), detailing it happening from 4th Jan to 5th Jan.

I have no idea what happened then to me, and what happened now to sirisma, but I just hope both were all a mistake or a glitch, somehow...