Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Signup for 07/07/12

=VG= Calv

Mission Start Time: 19:00 GMT
There is a warmup/training map with a training area located a few klicks from the main base that will be running on the server at least 30 mins before the start for people to mess around on, get used to the UK weapons and such.

Training area has basic shooting ranges, kill house (which resets after 60 seconds I believe), ambush alley (row of buildings with targets located throughout for urban movement practice), and a couple ordnance areas.

Planning to begin with a simple patrol mission, just a drive around the city to get a feel for it and we may or may not encounter hostiles. Second mission is a rescue operation for a crashed helicopter.

Check this thread for mod information: http://veterans-gaming.com/vg-plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?26452

We will be operating without any higher command personnel as it shouldn't really be necessary for the scope of the missions. The chain of command is as follows:
Section-1 Leader
Section-2 Leader
Section-1 2IC
Section-2 2IC
Whoever is left standing

Roster
Calv
Savage
Eclipse
Ingo
Outlanders
Gaz
Cold

Charry (maybe)
Iffn
Acer

Roles
Section-1 Leader:
Section-1 2IC: Savage
3: Eclipse
4: Outlanders
5: Cold
6: Iffn
7: Charry (maybe)
8:

Section-2 Leader: Calv
Section-2 2IC: Gaz
3: Ingo
4: Acer
5:
6:
7:
8:

Comms Info
I'm still not 100% on how well this comms setup will work so we will see how it goes and adjust as needed.
Basically each section is split into two fireteams, Charlie and Delta. Charlie team lead by the section leader, Delta team lead by the 2IC.
The entire section will be on the same 343 channel however, so communications discipline will be essential.

As the Section leader is going to have increased comms traffic from the 8 men in his section I have passed off the 117 radio pack to the rifleman within Charlie team, so comms between sections can be handed off if the section leader is busy.

343s
Ch1: Section-1
Ch2: Section-2

148/117
Ch1: Section-1 + Section-2

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well im in... but last timee i was in something odd happend.
While i was playing it dropped me to desktop...i still could hear the game sounds (ambient...players shooting)
You guys said i had an open mic...but while i was dropped onto the desktop i had no mouse or button functions no more.
So i had to press the reset button.

Castor =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

still suggest setting a commander for the mission, without one there is going to be a lot more chaos.
especially when there is no strict plan or procedure when in combat/trouble.

EDIT: oh btw put me as maybe.

As stated the Section-1 Leader is in command of the mission so setting out a basic plan is his responsibility.

As for procedure when in combat/trouble, that's what the team leaders are for.

Calv LAN_WROTE ...

As stated the Section-1 Leader is in command of the mission so setting out a basic plan is his responsibility.

that maybe so but S-1 leader has to concentrate on multiple objectives (mission commander, Section 1 lead + FTL)
at once which might decrease units combat effectiveness (or most probably will)

Calv LAN_WROTE ...

that maybe so but S-1 leader has to concentrate on multiple objectives (mission commander, Section 1 lead + FTL)
at once which might decrease units combat effectiveness (or most probably will)

Not really, if he attempts to micromanage everything then sure, he will be too busy messing around giving orders to actually do anything. You trust the people you give orders to, to be able to use their own initiative and figure out how to do whatever you've asked without needing your input.

A lot of command information refers to the rule of three, basically any leader will only be in command of at most 3 people at at once, this is true in this situation.
Section-1 Lead is in command of Section-2 Lead, Section-1 2IC, and the second buddy team leader in his own team.
Provided that all those people are doing their jobs and the section lead delegates correctly there is no problem with this setup.

Say you're attacking a compound.
Section-1 Lead informs Section-2 lead of the plan. They are given a position to move to and an area to assault. At this point no more comms between S-1 and S-2 is strictly necessary, you will likely keep each other updated on important contacts/casualties but generally there will be little communication.
So for the rest of the assault he only has to deal with his 2IC and his second buddy team. These are most likely going to be within visual range all of the time, and know how to assault a compound without being given specific instructions on where to stand, where to shoot etc, so the only time the Section leader has to concern himself with them is to give special instructions such as setting up a base of fire, flanking an area etc.

@Calv alright, that makes sense.

BTW: I wont be able to attend due to personal issues, see you guys some other time!

All this worry about command structure, essentially me, and now you're gonna bail? Ha ha ha! I could really use people who know how to play well, so I don't have any desire to micromanage.

This isn't my first tour in Fallujah either, btw.

COUNT ME OUT - cannot join the game: Corrupt Memory Error #1
Cannot run Beta/expansion to fix it: JayArma2Lib not compatible version of Arma 2 or some bullshit error
(downloaded working versions of these mods from the server FTP itself - nothin doin)
!fuk
Have fun guys!

SemlerPDX =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

COUNT ME OUT - cannot join the game: Corrupt Memory Error #1
Cannot run Beta/expansion to fix it: JayArma2Lib not compatible version of Arma 2 or some bullshit error
(downloaded working versions of these mods from the server FTP itself - nothin doin)
!fuk
Have fun guys!

The fact that SU adds both JayArma2Lib and JayArma2LibNEW makes me think that somehow it's confused as to whether you're running the beta patch even when you are.
Double-check that the Beta box is ticked at the top of the SU window, and possibly try ticking the one in Game Profile too.

You could try creating a shortcut to run the game + mods with and manually removing the Jayarma2lib from that if it won't let you delete it from the SU Preset list due to dependencies.