Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Operation Lightstep - Day 2 - Signup - 16/06/12

=VG= Calv

Start Time: 19:00 GMT
If in doubt about the timezone check this website: http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc
It has the current time in GMT at the top and you can compare that against your own time.
Following from that people need to make sure that they are available at the start time, don't want people going afk when we're starting.

This is going to be a special forces night-op mission using some advanced recon pairs to feed back info and provide support where necessary.
In regards of the sniper/spotter teams I will require anyone wanting the sniper role to demonstrate an ability to hit a target of about 800m within 2 shots. It will be down to the sniper to choose their spotter.
We will likely only activate the second recon pair after filling the main squad.

Mods:
Required Mods:
@ace
@acex
@acex_ru
@acex_usnavy
@acre
@asr_rh_m4_ace
@asr_rh_mgs_ace
@asr_rh_pistol_ace
@blakes_pins
@cba
@cba_a2
@cba_oa
@jayarma2lib_new
@rangers
@rh_pistol
@RH_M4
@RH_MGS
@sthud
@st_lb_enhance
@stmovement
expansion/beta r72

Optional Mods:
@acex_sm
@blastcore_visuals
@jsrs

Situation:
Yesterday an IED attack on one of our convoys led to the discovery of two insurgent camps that contained intel that we believe will lead to the main IED factory for the region. The intel discovered highlights three areas of interest that you will be heading into tonight.

Mission:
Depart from southern airfield and investigate locations discovered via intel and neutralise and destroy all hostiles and assets. Locate IED factory by acquiring intel.

Friendly Forces:
Charlie Squad: 3x Fireteams
Delta Squad: 2x Sniper/Spotter teams
1x MH-6J and 1x UH-60.

Enemy Forces:
The insurgents are attempting to remain undetected so we expect infantry presence only. Numbers and exact purpose of indicated areas unknown.

Area of Operations:
See Attached

Roster:
Calv
murder
blud
outlanders
charry
castor
cold
eclipse
poff
wooz
semler
gaz
speirs
ingo
nixxen

Platoon
Platoon Leader: Poffadder

Charlie Squad Leader:

FT1
Team Leader: Semler
2: BLuDKLoT
3: Outlanders
4: Eclipse

FT2
Team Leader: Murder
2: Cold
3: Wooz
4: Nixxen

FT3
Team Leader:
2:
3:
4:

Delta-1
Sniper (M110NV): Gaz
Spotter: Ingo

Delta-2
Sniper (M110NV): Castor
Spotter: Speirs

Taxi-1
Pilot (Blackhawk): Charry

Taxi-2
Pilot (Littlebird):

Radio Nets
Ch1: FT1
Ch2: FT2
Ch3: FT3
Ch4: Delta1
Ch5: Delta2
Ch6: Platoon Leader

148/117f
Ch1: Charlie Squad (SL, FTL1, FTL2, FTL3)
Ch2: Recon (Delta1, Delta2, Taxi1, Taxi2, PL)
Ch3: HQ (PL, SL)

Armaments
Per Fireteam
2x SCAR-H EGLM SD (1xHolo, 1xCCO)
2x SCAR-H SD Holo
2x SCAR-H SD CCO
1x Mk48 Mod 1
1x M1014 Holo
4x M9SD

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SavageCDN =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

On vacation this weekend and next - Calv if you can get me the mission by Friday AM I can upload for this weekend. You'll have to get Semler to upload for next weekend.

Rgr, everything is done already, just keeping it back incase any last minute changes are needed, will PM it across on Thursday.

Please set me as Fire Team 1 Leader again.

This week prior to the event, I'd like to run a small re-training with members of Charlie Squad so as to bring any new players up to speed.

Also, I'd like to have any new players, or those who've had technical issues, meet up for a test joining and troubleshooting session to make sure we are good to go on Saturday morning. (nuthin worse than things not working when we're all trying to start the main event)
!fans

Castor =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

we should start with 1 random mission and continuing after that, also some ''crazy time'' for letting some steam out and testing the gear ;)

The warmup pre-mission is intended for basic fireteam training and letting off steam.
As for doing a mission before, if you want to do one before 19:00 then that's upto you guys, as long as it's done before the start time.

i wont be able to attend, as its my brothers birthday and because of this, i wont be available at that time.

to the server admin: can you add the HDR fix to the server's supported mods?
it reduces the amount of HDR, which is like 200% of the real-life amount and is unbearable in some gaming situations.
the HDR of the game adds up to the HDR amount my eyes produce (delay until they adjust to the new brightness level), because i have a tube screen, which has a high contrast (white really emits much light and can blind me until my eyes adjust to the brightness).
that being said, please add it to the list of supported/allowed optional mods.