Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

a few questions related to DayZ

Pvt. Pirate

hi, i played some DayZ for quite some time now - wouldnt consider myself a pro yet - but we (brothers, friends and me) found that its quite complicated to hide a camp in DayZ, so we are currently considering playing a different dayz world.
main question is:
which DayZ world is the biggest, the one with the most good hideout places for camps and the most cool one?
i've watched some youtube videos about taviana so far and it looks cool, but it seems the landmass is even smaller than chernarus.
i was also thinking about if its possible to combine chernarus worldspace with taviana, so that taviana is added at the southcoast or eastcoast of chernarus. if that were possible that'd be great.
still starting in chernarus and having the possibility to get a boat and go to taviana islands.
sure that would be a lot of work, but i can only imagine it as being an awesome addition.
also it could be possible to make any custommade new worldspace into a DayZ mod.
but so far its just an idea.
tell me what you think.
and also if you know a bigger(than chernarus) world for DayZ.

thanks for your time reading this ;)

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not meaning to discourage you or anything but we(most of us) aren't really that interested in DayZ, you might want to re ask on DayZ forums or something :P
combining 2 maps would require to basicly remake the maps into single one.
but here it goes:

Lingor is the best one, most stuff in it and places to hide.
yes you can make a new map but that's HUGE trouble in exchange of what we get.

Pvt. Pirate LAN_WROTE ...

hi, i played some DayZ for quite some time now - wouldnt consider myself a pro yet - but we (brothers, friends and me) found that its quite complicated to hide a camp in DayZ, so we are currently considering playing a different dayz world.
main question is:
which DayZ world is the biggest, the one with the most good hideout places for camps and the most cool one?
i've watched some youtube videos about taviana so far and it looks cool, but it seems the landmass is even smaller than chernarus.
i was also thinking about if its possible to combine chernarus worldspace with taviana, so that taviana is added at the southcoast or eastcoast of chernarus. if that were possible that'd be great.
still starting in chernarus and having the possibility to get a boat and go to taviana islands.
sure that would be a lot of work, but i can only imagine it as being an awesome addition.
also it could be possible to make any custommade new worldspace into a DayZ mod.
but so far its just an idea.
tell me what you think.
and also if you know a bigger(than chernarus) world for DayZ.

thanks for your time reading this ;)

I looked into map making a long time ago. It is a rather involved process but many people have made many maps for Arma over the years using this same editor. Each map is like an advanced Paint program, with it's parameters set in stone in the early stages of creation. Once a map is done, there is no way to alter these parameters to (for example) include another map into it. Each map is specifically coded with map grids, altitudes, cities, and roads.

CLAfghan is the largest Arma map I've ever used, aside from Sands (which is blank - no cities, no nothing). It's a 40km x 40km map, but the valleys of CLAfghan would make it a terrible map for DayZ. Most large maps you find in Arma (like Chernarus and Taksitan) are 20x20 maps. Any fully finished map can be converted to a DayZ mission, it just requires a little configuration and know-how to make it work.

That Lingor map is 10km x 10km and by comparison is much smaller than Chernarus, 75 percent smaller -- consider that if you have 30-50 players on Chernarus DayZ trying to find places to hide camps, you will have that much harder time trying to find a safe place on the island of Lingor.
Taviana is slightly larger than Chernarus, with a size of 25km x 25km - and is also an island, surrounded on all sides by water.

When I played DayZ in the early Alpha stages, I liked Chernarus for it's large forests, and certain areas that may have far less foot traffic than others, like the Northern areas - I had a camp set up for awhile, but server issues finally made it disappear.
Just remember that this game will be much better when it becomes a full release. For now, you can try to play on the largest map you can find, but those are the only options available at this time.

Map making in Arma is not something that I myself am interested in. It is a very in-depth process that would require much time to learn, while requiring all kinds of creativity in design that would certainly take some time to develop.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it never hurts to ask. Good luck and have fun!
!cheers

@PvT Pirate:

main question is:

The problems with the camp spotting are the tents. Chopperpilots/crew can spot those camps to easy while in air.
Also, all spots are known by the community. There isn't really a good spot. Additionally, Maphacks like ESP or DayZ Navigator showing tents, vehicles and players on hackers map. They use the DayZ DB map with a hack and know where all is. Crashsites too.

I suggest for you and your mates a modmod of DayZ - DayZ Redux http://forums.dayzredux.com/
This mod have the best fixes and goodies for the Apocalypse game. Here some of them:

- You can flip back flipped over vehicles.
- Craft boxes if you have some nails and a woodpile, boxes can be placed into a buildings. They work like a small tent.
- Another model for tents (not so shinny).
- Personal transfusion kit for the lonewulfs. Only useable if you really close to a hospital but a risk to hurt yourself.
- Autosave/Anti Dupping fixes.
- Vehicle inspection menues
- Removed the overpowered sniperrifles. M24 and the CZ550 are in. Scoped weapons more rare.
- Upgrades Chernarusmap with new locations. Kamenka is now a good town. Klen Mountain fortress and more.
- Vehicles not anymore stashable Out of Bounds.
- New itemmodels for gear (not anmymore the stupid green bags).
- New loot spawn mechanics. You cannot farm lootpiles like before.
- Zombies can infect you now by a hit.
- Another types of crashsites like on Namalsk. Common crashsites are on fire.
- Humanity system is fixed.
- Roofs not anymore good parking places for choppers. That prevents that no otherones can take/steal it. After server restart, the helo are out of fuel.
- more and new vehicles like the medical Vodnik, unarmed humvee's and ........
- And more game specifiec upgrades.

This mod is not so arcade like the dayZ mod. More survival aspects and you need good tactics and teamplay to beat other survivor teams.

Good people playing on the server.
Additionally, Venthos and Alexander released a new version and it's now open mod for the community. http://forums.dayzredux.com/index.php?/topic/3150-dayzredux-is-opening-to-the-community-with-v100/page__st__20#entry13971

If you looking for a another DayZ vanilla map, i suggest Namalsk. You don't need really a camp. It's more PvP and the new bloodsuckers are a pain in the ass.

FJ

thanks for the info :)
a friend already played on namalsk and he already told us about the rather high PvP factor and its something we dont want, so namalsk is out of question now.
the new mod sounds cool so far.
already heard about dayz2017 but its more like you get shot for some sodacan or something to eat, which is also more PvP - we want more player versus environment...
so far "Celle" and "Taviana" seem to be more suitable for our style of playing.