Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Jabal al Burj

RizlaQc

2 hours ago, System said:

I'm not sure if this is a "funny" type of post with the responses and everything, but let's put this discussion to rest once and for all:

Removal of maps is not tied to COOP nor the developers of COOP - maps get removed cause they're old, unbalanced and/or just plain suck for deployment.
If you want these maps in the game go ahead and download, then open your BF2 editor and start reworking and balancing them - but for now the focus of the devs working on maps is better utilized elsewhere - which is something they themselves have said, you can read about it in the official PR Discord server.

So what if they don't have the time to give the maps the love they deserve, surely we can keep these maps for coop and not remove them entirely?
Well no, and don't call me Shirley. The emphasis of PR is not on coop, we barely reach 40 people active daily on the server, and with other servers combined, probably less than a hundred daily:

Hide contents

image.png.753e971a2b51d908e9243e47bc16af2a.png
These are our stats for the past month, barely hit 40, if at all

For comparison here's deployment with (usually 1 always active server like HOG or SSG):

Hide contents

image.png.7ad9b44a0174db859a44a20bf665485a.png
425 on a slow day
image.png.fdca6ac2cf18fc94ac767ea423aac321.png
This week hit a high of almost 4000 active players during a week - that's 4000 accounts logging on during the week to play - I'm sure if you were to pull the stats for coop, we'd barely reach 500 (go and ask the devs for the master server stats, it's no biggy to gather them anyway)

So the question is why should the devs utilize their effort and limited time in fixing maps for a game-mode which doesn't see as much consumption as the game-mode they constantly work on? The maps hinder gameplay from their perspective if set, and take up valuable space that could be used for other, more modern maps. These devs are not Zeee or melon, I know Unicode was working on Jabal and you can go ask wherever (PR related) you'd like about this info.

TL;DR: Devs have already said that the maps need balancing and reworking, which costs time, which they would rather spend improving the game elsewhere. These devs are not melon or Zeee afaik (who make pretty awesome coop layers for us and listen to our feedback (not always as most of us complain without any reason anyway)), and if you want these maps back go learn to edit/make maps and consult with the devs in charge of mapping on what should be fixed. This tl;dr has turned into it's own passage so:
TL;DR:

Hide contents

GO MAKE AND PLAY JABAL ON MINECRAFT IF YOU WOULD, SCRUBS

comic sans eh

Aigooo, why can't we just forget about deployment and just have fun in old jabal? I get your point very well but it's just us, some old players who would love to get back jabal and bijar. I know the maps are not balanced at deployment but I don't actually give a crap about dep.

Also there are numerous maps that needs to get deleted instead of those 2 😭

4 hours ago, Pew_Pew said:

Aigooo, why can't we just forget about deployment and just have fun in old jabal? I get your point very well but it's just us, some old players who would love to get back jabal and bijar. I know the maps are not balanced at deployment but I don't actually give a crap about dep.

Also there are numerous maps that needs to get deleted instead of those 2 😭

It feels like you've read nothing he just wrote.

His post already replied to all these questions and I bet all of your future questions too LoL!

34 minutes ago, =VG= Nyther said:

It feels like you've read nothing he just wrote.

His post already replied to all these questions and I bet all of your future questions too LoL!

I have read everything and I understood what he is saying. I am just saying of what I think

12 hours ago, Pew_Pew said:

but I don't actually give a crap about dep.

You see, your problem is here, you're using the same logic as the devs who made this decision, except that they hold all the control over what is being done to the game.

12 hours ago, Pew_Pew said:

Aigooo, why can't we just forget about deployment and just have fun in old jabal?

Who is we? Not all coop players share your opinion, and no matter how vocal you are it will not change the decision of developers looking out for the majority of the players (of which coop-only players are the least numerous).

I have however prepared 2 solutions for you with different variations (after a lot of drin... ugh I mean thinking):
Numero uno:

Spoiler

I have decided to make you a 40:1 version of Jabal in minecraft 1.20 (I thought about making it 1:40 like de_rats, but this would take like an area of about 640,000,000 blocks)
Here are some pics for you to enjoy (I did it from memory so don't complain too much about missing details and terrain mistakes)

Spoiler

The map itself
2023-09-23_14_29_30.png.6823327c18b9f13856c4633ec5aae217.png

Spoiler

View from above the carrier
2023-09-23_14_28_27.png.ab5ade08e4f4ea0f6bdc21bde4f60918.png

Spoiler

Dam from the south side
2023-09-23_14_29_17.png.779f1218d9c861b4928bd2338f7aaccf.png

Spoiler

View from the top of the dam towards MEC main (great sniping opportunities here)
2023-09-23_14_30_37.png.d10e9a98d78a01475e1b8b58c91e87b0.png

Spoiler

Big bridge and city
2023-09-23_14_29_41.png.c6db9db01d2e204f6d99a6bbecd9c125.png

Spoiler

MEC main and dam
2023-09-23_14_30_08.png.e6315f71a95cfc27198abe0be731ae76.png

Spoiler

East beach with the village in the back
2023-09-23_14_30_22.png.df636182263730a488ee9d407bc41131.png

Now you're gonna say But how can we play Jabal Al Burj without other maps as well?
Well fear not, I got you covered fam, for I also made the popular PR map Kashan Dessert (🍰 yum) as well:

Spoiler

The view from US main in the first pic and the map in it's entirety in the second
2023-09-23_14_36_53.png.04bba51d6842cdf339417126578c6707.png2023-09-23_14_37_19.png.da7f9300f3b5239d936b13a4c43fcc04.png

Unfortunately due to lack of time and willpower Kashan was made on a 10x10 block area, making it a 400:1 map, for you Yankees out there that's about 1 quarter pounder burger to 3 washing machines (approximately), for you Hosers out there that's about 1 dead baby seal to 400 baby seals you need to club in terms of meters

Sorry about the quality of images, Semler only allows 2.93MB of files to be uploaded in a post, so I had to upload 400x300p pics, downgraded from the original 800x600p I took (ray-tracing is sadly disabled in my version of Minecraft since my RX580 is missing the letter T to run the tracing part of the ray-tracing graphics)

Now, don't go thinking Hey this guy is yanking my chain, what the hell
It did take me about an hour to make this in MC, but it did take me about 3 hours of sporadic nonsensical thinking to find you a more elegant and "down to Earth" solution of your problem, so here is option numero dos:

Spoiler

Host a locked server with your removed maps (and maybe others) - make an event out of it where you play them maybe once a month or how many times you want
I don't think any one from VG would mind hosting a second locked event server with these maps, as long as YOU (yes, any one of you Jabal enjoyers) make the effort to make it happen - but again, the effort has to be on your part as well
Host the old vanilla BF2 maps as well, locked server, no breaking the server license there - plenty of them to be found from old events and such, hell play opfor on it as well
Obtain a server license yourself, become VG and do the idea yourself, or just beg one the guys to do it for you, etc
It's the only thing I can think of that would satisfy your primal urges of firing 14 hydras into the MEC main quad at round start

Anybody can winge and complain all the time Why remove map, bring back map, I want this feature back
IF you want something, do something about it, PR has and will always be that type of community

Big thanks to the following for giving me inspiration for this post:

Spoiler

Lack of sleep
Lack of general motivation
Existential dread
Graham Chapman
Clover from Totally Spies!
and many more

• VG Spirit 1
  • Haha 4

51 minutes ago, System said:

You see, your problem is here, you're using the same logic as the devs who made this decision, except that they hold all the control over what is being done to the game.

Who is we? Not all coop players share your opinion, and no matter how vocal you are it will not change the decision of developers looking out for the majority of the players (of which coop-only players are the least numerous).

I have however prepared 2 solutions for you with different variations (after a lot of drin... ugh I mean thinking):
Numero uno:

Hide contents

I have decided to make you a 40:1 version of Jabal in minecraft 1.20 (I thought about making it 1:40 like de_rats, but this would take like an area of about 640,000,000 blocks)
Here are some pics for you to enjoy (I did it from memory so don't complain too much about missing details and terrain mistakes)

Hide contents

The map itself
2023-09-23_14_29_30.png.6823327c18b9f13856c4633ec5aae217.png

Hide contents

View from above the carrier
2023-09-23_14_28_27.png.ab5ade08e4f4ea0f6bdc21bde4f60918.png

Hide contents

Dam from the south side
2023-09-23_14_29_17.png.779f1218d9c861b4928bd2338f7aaccf.png

Hide contents

View from the top of the dam towards MEC main (great sniping opportunities here)
2023-09-23_14_30_37.png.d10e9a98d78a01475e1b8b58c91e87b0.png

Hide contents

Big bridge and city
2023-09-23_14_29_41.png.c6db9db01d2e204f6d99a6bbecd9c125.png

Hide contents

MEC main and dam
2023-09-23_14_30_08.png.e6315f71a95cfc27198abe0be731ae76.png

Hide contents

East beach with the village in the back
2023-09-23_14_30_22.png.df636182263730a488ee9d407bc41131.png

Now you're gonna say But how can we play Jabal Al Burj without other maps as well?
Well fear not, I got you covered fam, for I also made the popular PR map Kashan Dessert (🍰 yum) as well:

Hide contents

The view from US main in the first pic and the map in it's entirety in the second
2023-09-23_14_36_53.png.04bba51d6842cdf339417126578c6707.png2023-09-23_14_37_19.png.da7f9300f3b5239d936b13a4c43fcc04.png

Unfortunately due to lack of time and willpower Kashan was made on a 10x10 block area, making it a 400:1 map, for you Yankees out there that's about 1 quarter pounder burger to 3 washing machines (approximately), for you Hosers out there that's about 1 dead baby seal to 400 baby seals you need to club in terms of meters

Sorry about the quality of images, Semler only allows 2.93MB of files to be uploaded in a post, so I had to upload 400x300p pics, downgraded from the original 800x600p I took (ray-tracing is sadly disabled in my version of Minecraft since my RX580 is missing the letter T to run the tracing part of the ray-tracing graphics)

Now, don't go thinking Hey this guy is yanking my chain, what the hell
It did take me about an hour to make this in MC, but it did take me about 3 hours of sporadic nonsensical thinking to find you a more elegant and "down to Earth" solution of your problem, so here is option numero dos:

Hide contents

Host a locked server with your removed maps (and maybe others) - make an event out of it where you play them maybe once a month or how many times you want
I don't think any one from VG would mind hosting a second locked event server with these maps, as long as YOU (yes, any one of you Jabal enjoyers) make the effort to make it happen - but again, the effort has to be on your part as well
Host the old vanilla BF2 maps as well, locked server, no breaking the server license there - plenty of them to be found from old events and such, hell play opfor on it as well
Obtain a server license yourself, become VG and do the idea yourself, or just beg one the guys to do it for you, etc
It's the only thing I can think of that would satisfy your primal urges of firing 14 hydras into the MEC main quad at round start

Anybody can winge and complain all the time Why remove map, bring back map, I want this feature back
IF you want something, do something about it, PR has and will always be that type of community

Big thanks to the following for giving me inspiration for this post:

Hide contents

Lack of sleep
Lack of general motivation
Existential dread
Graham Chapman
Clover from Totally Spies!
and many more

Damn bro

1 hour ago, System said:

Sorry about the quality of images, Semler only allows 2.93MB of files to be uploaded in a post

Use imgur, noob.

:tatice_03:

j/k - but seriously, use imgur.com when some website has limits that they use to keep their website from becoming some 4TB photo dump.

Salient points in your posts, too.  :drinks: