Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Insurgency COOP should be BLUFOR ONLY like all other VETS COOP Servers

=VG= SemlerPDX

I enjoy playing Insurgency so much, but the 4 slots on the OPFOR side were merely put into the 0.72 mod to allow for better anti-BLUFOR ops, and NOT TEAM DEATHMATCH...

This is the way it is usually used. Not always, but given the OPFOR ability to spawn most anywhere, most anytime makes the game very frustrating for some people.

I think Dman has a point that being a COOP server, there should be NO humans on the bot side, abusing the spawn system.

ONE human on the BOT side in Insurgency can add an unwanted PvP element to what should be a COOP BLUFOR ONLY server. PvP is one game, COOP is another, and I don't think they are mixing well in this.

It is already showing itself to be a very popular sever, but plenty of good people, and friends, get pissed off and quit at the very non-PR like OPFOR spawning abilities and DEATHMATCH tactics being employed.

I've modified the maps now with NO OPFOR human spawns. Please, for the love of Cheddar, switch out the current Insurgency maps for these ones!!!

<<>> attached wrong/incomplete .rar, correct one in next post.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The files are the same as the ones you implemented on the Arma server with one exception - no OPFOR slots for humans. Humans vs. Bots Always for COOP Insurgency.

Actually, I don't mind or notice half the time that a human is in one of the four "harrasser" spots on OPFOR, but support the opinions of those who get super pissed at it, cuz they kinda got a point.

To clarify:
The map is a 24-human player map. There are tons of OPFOR AI bots at all times.

The human slots break down like this:

20 BLUFOR Player slots: 5 squads of 5 men;(1 SL; 1 Medic; 3 Hitmen)
4 OPFOR Player slots: Human Player can take control of any OPFOR AI Bot that is not within 100 meters of a BLUFOR Human (and a death/suicide is not required for this "teleportation" as I understand it)

My opinion on OPFOR is that they are needed and I like the random element. I also like getting a good squad and making them rage quit. With the OPFOR element it forces teamwork instead of the lemming rush or sniping campers. Honestly, people should change their tactics and work out a counter to the HUMAN OPFOR element. This said, I think some rules should come into play. One would be that OPFOR cannot camp the MHQ.

I'd also like to edit the script and add radio buttons iin the parameters.

-Opton to have allow OPFOR or make them BLUFOR a hitman team.

-Option to block 3rd person.

-Option to add a spawn delay after death for OPFOR. Range from 15, 30 or 60 seconds.

-Add a PMC version.

-Tweak the weapons for rebalance. However, no silenced weapons and only one weapon per US/BAF with thermal.

I can think of others I am sure....

PITN LAN_WROTE ...

My opinion on OPFOR is that they are needed and I like the random element. I also like getting a good squad and making them rage quit. With the OPFOR element it forces teamwork instead of the lemming rush or sniping campers. Honestly, people should change their tactics and work out a counter to the HUMAN OPFOR element. This said, I think some rules should come into play. One would be that OPFOR cannot camp the MHQ.

I can agree with that. The only thing is you have two types of enemies to manage. Basically gives the human player a bunch of hackers to help himor her out. I think it would increase the amount of snipers and long distance shooters. If the server runs both map styles it will work or have a way to play co-op and OPFOR at different times.

PITN LAN_WROTE ...

I'd also like to edit the script and add radio buttons iin the parameters.

Why would you want to do that what is the purpose? If you don't want to use 3rd person then you don't have to but why take it away from everyone? I can't find a just cause for wanting to do that? !protest

PITN wrote ...

Jarema wrote ...

Why would you want to do that what is the purpose? If you don't want to use 3rd person then you don't have to but why take it away from everyone? I can't find a just cause for wanting to do that?

In PvP, I would agree on removing 3rd person. I use it for driving, so that would suck, but in CQC, you can see around and over walls - wouldn't want to fight humans with that ability enabled.

Don't see much problem with it in BLUFOR COOP, unless it's the exact same issue as above...

Switching the difficulty to Veteran forces 1st person on everything. Driving or flying anything in 1st person in ARMA sucks balls. Nut it may be a good idea anyway. You fly choppers and drive vehciles in PR as 1st person so why not? It is just the camera view that sucks. Also. isn't tjhat what a crew chief is for?

Also, the PMC version is broken. The client locks up during the final loading.

I would like to get the other 0.75 loaded on the server though.

OK. I've tested one PMC version so far and it loads. I have found two bugs so far.
-You cannot board the KA-60 as a pasanger, etc. You can only remote pilot the vehicle. ;(
-The enter vehicle function "Ctrl-E" does not work with any vehicle so far. I have tested Ka-60, SUV, Armored SUV, and ATV.

-The AA-12 is awesome but without any restrictions on it or the m24 this will create a newb whore weapon. 20 players with AA-12's loaded with HE running around would be fun for about 5 minutes. ;p

PITN LAN_WROTE ...

OK. I've tested one PMC version so far and it loads. I have found two bugs so far.
-You cannot board the KA-60 as a pasanger, etc. You can only remote pilot the vehicle. ;(

Noticed this one just now. Looks as if the vehicle is just locked, will work on it.

PITN LAN_WROTE ...

-The enter vehicle function "Ctrl-E" does not work with any vehicle so far. I have tested Ka-60, SUV, Armored SUV, and ATV.

Not sure what the problem might be because the Ctrl+E works with every vehicle (not the Ka-60 obviously) for me.

PITN LAN_WROTE ...

-The AA-12 is awesome but without any restrictions on it or the m24 this will create a newb whore weapon. 20 players with AA-12's loaded with HE running around would be fun for about 5 minutes. ;p

I just replaced the US loadout with the PMC one, Im not to good when it comes to choosing available weapons or limiting them by squad or team. I'll try 2 M24's per team and 1 AA12 per team.

Will post a fixed pbo as soon as I get all of the mentioned issues solved.

- The Ka-60 being locked was being caused by the PMC pilot. Don't know the detials.

- Ctrl-E works with all vehicles, though from a limited range of angles.

- AA12 limited to 1 per team, sniper rifle limited to 2

- Added 3rd Person View to parameters with three self-explanatory options. Not completely sure if there are ways to bypass the block or whether it works when being unconscious, doesn't really matter tho.

Doublechecked the ammo issues as well.

insurgency0_75kpmc.zargabad.zip

To make it simpler to combine edits from previous versions:
- root/description.ext - added the 3rd person switch parameter (param 7)
- root/client/UI/OnKeyPress.sqf - added parameter check to 'change view key' and a check if the player is still in a vehicle (On vehicles only state) to movement keys
- root/Client/variables.sqf - limited AA12 and M24 to 1 and 2 weapons per team
- root/Common/defines.sqf - changed Pilot to the default US pilot
- root/mission.sqm - Changed Resistancewest to 1 (otherwise the pilot would hammer BLUFOR troops)

Few more changes.

- Added OPFOR ratio parameter. The host can select the OPFOR to BLUEFOR ratio (1:1, 1:2, 1:4 and so on ... and no opfor at all)

Aaaand something else I cant remember anymore.

Also added a Combined Operations version with a wider variety of weapons (M4SPR, DMR, M1014 and so on)

insurgency_075_pmc_zargabad.zip

Here is VG Ver. with changes some i made.

A big thank you to Ted Toaster for porting to us this PMC version of Insurgency.
Changes to Insurgency 0.75L PMC for =VG= by me, PITN.

I made general changes to make it more inline with a Private Military Company kit issue. All weapons are PMC except the M1911, M9 variants, MP5 variants, M1014, and M240 MG.

-Changed unit descriptions to reflect unit classes. i.e. Medic, Defensive marksman, etc.
-Added MP5A5 and MP5SD and ammo.(Yes, I know the ammo is bugged and it isn't PMC but I wanted a short range SD weeapon for night OPS.)
-Added M9SD pistol and ammo. (Short range SD weapon intended for night operations.)
-Removed UZI and other unused pistol/rifle ammunition.
-Added M1014 beneli shotgun with Slug and Pellet ammunition.
-Fixed AA12 ammunition. All three types now appear. Pellet, slug, and HE.
-Removed Javelin and AT4 Anti-Tank weapons.
-Added RPG18 to replace removed AT weapons. Remember to pick up ammunition! This kit is restricted.
-Removed M24 sniper rifle.
-Added KSVK anti-material sniper rifle. This kit is restricted.
-Added FN_FAL rifle as this weapon is used by a PMC character.
-Removed G36 rifle variants.
-Added PKM and ammunition. This is the heavy MG for PMC.

Known issues:
-You cannot board the Ka-60 Helicopter. ;( But you can still fly it remotely.
-MP5 ammo is bugged and shows pistol mags, etc. If you know the solution please let me know.

I know you have fixed some issues. Can you combine these? Thanks.

BAF edited for VG.

Edited BAF for =VG=

11.03.01 - PITN
-Changed filename.
-Added unit desriptions.
-Added MP5 variants and amunition.
-Added M1014 Beneli shoutgun and ammunition.
-Added M9SD and ammunition.
-Removed unneeded ammunition. i.e. UZI ammunition, etc.
-L86A2 marksman rifle is now limited.

insurgency0_75bafl.zargabad.zip