Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

[poll] Community Event - Saturday September 29th

=VG= SavageCDN

If you want to participate this Saturday please post here and vote for what you would like to do.

Also in your post please give us your opinion on team vs team or deathmatch-style missions during event warmup (all in good fun of course).

Not sure on a start time yet.. perhaps post your availability (in GMT).

Edit:
** As if my joke choice is winning!! Fuckers now I have to come up with something LOL !declare **

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18-19 GMT is ok for me. If we actually start on that time and not just mess around shooting loud guns, waiting for people to install their mods and fixing the mission at the last moment.
Black Hawk is fine i guess. And this bunkers mission that we played couple times is nice, i'm cool with it.

Outlanders =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

18-19 GMT is ok for me. If we actually start on that time and not just mess around shooting loud guns, waiting for people to install their mods and fixing the mission at the last moment.
Black Hawk is fine i guess. And this bunkers mission that we played couple times is nice, i'm cool with it.

If everyone didnt add new addons every week, and for once stuck with the same addons for a month, you wouldn't have that problem.

In reality you should only add in something if everyone else is going to download it. Became a pain in the ass to update every day.

I don't know. We are pretty much using ACE/ACRE. Shactac stuff, blastcore, jsrs - they are clientside.
And i don't think that's the problem. We usually have a whole week to install stuff and troubleshooting. And if you can use Six to install ACE, that's not really hard to get other things, it's just couple mouse clicks. And we have a ton of threads here, that show how to install mods, how to use ACE/ACRE.
Problem is that sometimes people don't even bother to do that.

dman248 LAN_WROTE ...

Outlanders =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

If everyone didnt add new addons every week, and for once stuck with the same addons for a month, you wouldn't have that problem.

In reality you should only add in something if everyone else is going to download it. Became a pain in the ass to update every day.

We actually don't do that. The server is like ACE/ACRE, 1 map and 2 mods for helicopters. Been using them for months.

^ it is indeed last minute

FYI edit: Now that summer is over this will be more organized.. more people around to participate and I have more time to keep shit flowing. Next day or two I will be posting a thread to get some feedback as to what others want to see during these events... what mods everyone likes... respawn yes/no.. etc etc.

Anyone can join in and help... there are lots of things that need to come together to make these events happen.

That Dynamic Zombie mission was pretty fun.. I figured out it was ACE causing the lack of weapon spawns, etc. seems it's not quite ACE compatible. So we can use that but without ACE mod.

Gonna test the BlackHawkDown missions tonight.

If those suck.. I have my own mission we could use based on this mod:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14194

Yeah that was fun... it's a parameter in the briefing screen to start with weapons or not (or random).. it's just too bad it doesn't work with ACE. We might be able to make it ACE-compatible but not sure if that can happen by Saturday.

What do you think... I can test it with ACRE so at least we'll have radios (seemed to work OK yesterday just too many ACE radio spawns)?

The respawning was a bit annoying... that is also a parameter (respawn or no respawn)

Also we would need to pick a map to play on.

is it possible to disable a few of those radio?s? so that only the common one?s spawn? and you guys should pick some map that fits the game mode, i won?t be home untill tomorrow, so ill help out any way i can then. Once we get a base set up, we can start to do the objectives:)