Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Arma 2 ACE Multi-Session Operations thread

=VG= SemlerPDX

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not yet when I tried to start it up yesterday it spit out a bunch of errors in the .rpt and stuck at Client DB setup screen. Don't have time to troubleshoot ATM. @arma2NET is running on server too... maybe I was just impatient?? Anyway I'll try it again when I'm at home and have time to go through the hoops.

So.. a few more changes to make (probably get to them tomorrow):

Remove MGO attach script
Add LAMBS loadout thingy
Should we keep @LEA if we have a preset loadout selector??
Add Air Ops to Patrol OPS default params

Get persistent DB working properly

Anything else?

Ditch @LEA if you have replaced it - it's not the thing we're lookin for in MSO. @LEA is great for lots of things, and we should still use it for those things, just not a persistent RPG-ish Arma game.

Would like to include the Team Roster script, at least test it. Shouldn't be hard - just name the player units if not done already.

My 2 cents

Would agree with Semler, the script makes getting started really easy, and once the db is working picking your equipment from scratch isn't really going to happen that often, so @lea wouldn't really be needed.

May want to consider moving some of the ammo/weapon crates. I'd consider removing the magic box altogether (or at least hiding it someplace on the base). Having two of each of the basic US weapon/ammo/launcher boxes should be fine for people to tweak their loadout with, and to allow one of each to be moved to a FOB when setup.

@yup_uh60 blackhawks have been updated on SixUpdater you'll need to install it.

New Reshmaan version 04 up on server (no persistence yet)

MGO attach script off by default
Air Patrol Ops on by default

Team roster script (check map notes) added

Fill script crate and magic box are 'hidden' for now to test this:

pap_gearup script (on backpack heap) added
pap_weapondesk script (attachments) added

**thanks to LAMBS**

@LEA key is still on server for now (cause i forgot to remove it)...

Ingo =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

the weapondesk only works with the m4a1, a quick suggestion would to just add all the weapons we wanna use in a scripted box and remove all the attachment scripts and magic box

That's the point of the loadout script. One simple way for people to equip with the standard weapons. I'm sure there are gonna be people upset because the specific weapon they want to use isn't there, but including every random weapon that people want just leaves us back with a hundred different rifles which is unnecessary and unrealistic. The weapons in the loadouts are the ones(to the best of my knowledge) used by the army.
Plus the different rifles are largely cosmetic anyway, they all put enemies down pretty equally.

Should work with all the weapons available via the loadout script (M4A1, M27, M249, M110, USP pistol). Or at least it did when I tested it. [EDIT] Checking and it works fine with those weapons.

Jager LAN_WROTE ...

Fac loadout lacks battery for the soflam, and the loadouts that ain't the medic one could use a few more medical supplies but that's just personal preference.

Other than that, it's a big fat thumbs up for adding the ruck loadout system ;)

The Vector didn't require a seperate battery added when equiped via the loadout, thought I'd checked the soflam too and it was the same.

Extra med stuff can be added individually at the med tent, the loadout is more of a "balanced" setup. I'm sure some people will prefer more med stuff, or grenades, mags etc.

um... I don't want to be a fly in the ointment, but I think we may need to consider pap a wip - as in, the MGO (modified to remove TWS) would be better than the PAP (modified to remove TWS). This point was brought up by Poffadder, and I'd like to get in on some tests, I know I haven't been present for these recent changes.

Let's keep our minds open, at any rate. Keep our eyes on the end result and not get attached to the way things work in these testing phases. I will help with any heavy lifting, by which I mean scripting.

MGO may be the way to go...

Agreed.. Ingo sorry I totally forgot you had done an AmmoCrate script for Reshmaan.. .I'll add it in, remove the weapondesk, and re-enable MGO.

With regards to the preset loadouts please post any suggestions (ie: more medical gear all classes) and if you can look up the classname for that item and include it in your post (saves me a ton of time).

ACE Classnames:

http://wiki.ace-mod.net/Classlists

Non-ACE:

http://www.armatechsquad.com/ArmA2Class151656165165341654165165165165f/index.php

SavageCDN =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

Agreed.. Ingo sorry I totally forgot you had done an AmmoCrate script for Reshmaan.. .I'll add it in, remove the weapondesk, and re-enable MGO.

With regards to the preset loadouts please post any suggestions (ie: more medical gear all classes) and if you can look up the classname for that item and include it in your post (saves me a ton of time).

ACE Classnames:

http://wiki.ace-mod.net/Classlists

Non-ACE:

http://www.armatechsquad.com/ArmA2Class151656165165341654165165165165f/index.php

FYI the current loadouts are mostly around the 30kg mark. Think the AT, AR, and LMG are slightly over.

That should be OK no? I usually roll in around 35kg

So MGO makes another script that loads your vehicle with a preset class loadout. It's like the vehicle service point.. you drive up to it, select from 5 or 6 loadout options like MG, AR, Medic, etc.. and it loads the vehicle cargo with a bunch of stuff. Seems like it might be handy for those quick RTBs to re-arm.. gonna test it a bit more.

SavageCDN =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

That should be OK no? I usually roll in around 35kg

So MGO makes another script that loads your vehicle with a preset class loadout. It's like the vehicle service point.. you drive up to it, select from 5 or 6 loadout options like MG, AR, Medic, etc.. and it loads the vehicle cargo with a bunch of stuff. Seems like it might be handy for those quick RTBs to re-arm.. gonna test it a bit more.

Depends on how much running you expect to do, I usually aim for below 35kg. Was just letting you know so you didn't throw in too much stuff without removing some. :)

The vehicle gear scripts sounds interesting. Being able to load a bunch of AT weapons and such quickly would be cool.
An option to load a pre-set FOB onto a truck would be nice too. Bunker, MASH, ammo crate, etc. Uses the other cargo system though so no idea if it's doable.

I'm not sure if its just me, but I don't want to be able to do anything in MSO quickly... We need to keep the work that is involved in logistics.. Making it too easy, moves away from our initial vision of MSO.

It's too easy to walk up to a crate and push a button that magically fills stuff (load outs and vehicles.)

poffadder =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

I'm not sure if its just me, but I don't want to be able to do anything in MSO quickly... We need to keep the work that is involved in logistics.. Making it too easy, moves away from our initial vision of MSO.

It's too easy to walk up to a crate and push a button that magically fills stuff (load outs and vehicles.)

The logistic work would still be there, you'd still need people to move the FOB to a secure location and set it up. People to resupply teams in the field etc. However, wasting 5 mins or more running back and forth from an ammo box to vehicle, having to wade through the huge item lists to find what you're looking for just feels unnecessarily time consuming.

That said I'm not overly attached to the idea, I'm happy loading stuff up manually if that's what people prefer.

My only pet peeve is the ammo crate full of every weapon. It's a pain having to scroll through huge lists to find specific items, and then having to wait for everyone else to decide which weapon they want to use etc. The loadouts just provide a quick, standard set of gear without all the time wasting. Also feels more realistic as troops would generally have their own set of personal gear they just grab rather than wandering around a huge armoury picking and choosing what to take today.