Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

[poll] What should we do with DayZ Lingor ?

=VG= 1Sg.Morrison

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morrison you dont seem to understand, DayZ already has tons of servers in Lingor settings. trying to get it populated would be like trying to make a hole in a wall with your head.

and when we dont get it populated those bandits are my friends and brothers in arms, my gamestyle in DayZ is hero anyways.

I suggest DayZRedux. Chernarus map.
Read here : http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/96474-dayz-redux-dayz-purist-focused-custom-dayz-mod-formerly-dayz-diaf/

Cool players, cool mod, cool features, and more zed's, more vehicles, less snipers, no hackers, more challenge.
Already whitelisted, playing and have fun.

@Pigfarmer and PasnGas: that is what for you, i'm sure.

This mod got over night 30 players and i'm currently playing with 30 players.
Venthos already looking for an EU-Box. Maybe, he make an Lingor with his modsettings for us.

@Castor:

Everytime you talk for others. We already talked with Semler, Poffadder, Iffn, Gaz, Wooz, Pigfarmer, PasnGas and more other ppl about that and they all liker the idea.
Why you saying "isn't our style" ? Talk for yourself and not for other people. I don't repeat it a 3rd time.
You knowing all better, make a better suggestion and show more Claninvolvemernt.

FJ over & out

you didnt include a selection for remove DayZ.

im going to be blunt, i dont know why we are wasting our time with this mod - it seems to cater for a smaller audience within our four walls and thus is using resources that could be used for other things. DayZ will pass, it's just a phase.

@FJ, please don't talk to Castor like that. only makes yourself look bad. to back up what Castor already said, it is not our style, hence why we dont hold PvP/TvT events or regularly have that on any of our gaming servers.

i?m gonna say it as it is for me, i lost all interest in DayZ a long time ago, i think what we had going on with the MSO server was awesome and i had more fun on that server than any other, that being said, it?s actually pretty simple for me, ACE/ACRE and vanilla ARMA are more enjoyable to me than DayZ.
i never say?d i liked DayZ i said i was willing to try out that event thing you had planned out:)

And i can?t help but to agree with Murder a bit, we shut down the MSO server so that DayZ could run, it was fun for a while but grew old quick, and not just having everything handed to you part, but also DayZ as a whole, the fact that we can?t "personalize" anything with the mod also grinds my gears a bit:)

And once again i must urge you to check out that Dynamic Zombie Sandbox. IF were gonna be doing anything with zombies that would do it for me, since we can run ACE with it and i generally would like to test it out some more.

CASTOR AND FASTJACK BOTH! GO TO YOUR CORNERS, THE BELL HAS RUNG! !beatdown

I have or will talk to both of you, as I'm sure BLuDKLoT will as well. Let's stop the negativity, I DON'T CARE WHERE IT STARTED, and try to be constructive with our brainstorming. We're all a bunch of gun loving war jockey's here - it's only natural that we can clash from time to time. Lets get back ON TOPIC and OFF of each other right now.

As to TvT vs COOP - YES, VETERANS-GAMING is the premier COOP Gaming Clan and we specialize and prefer to fight AI over our comrades. This in no way means we cannot or will not utilize a game in it's default PvP or TvT manner from time to time, and DayZ is a great example of that.

My opinions were too difficult, but without even playing our DayZ, I can understand how without the element of PvP danger, the mission is almost boring and lacking depth.

We should never give up on trying to get our version of a game populated at a discussion stage. Sure, we have no long term direction for what Arma server will be what because we (the button pushers behind the curtains of our servers) are still trying out and testing different things to see what is: Stable, Playable, Modify-able, "Could-Be-Popular", and sorting out the crap that doesn't work, or cannot be fixed. There is a shitload of content out there, and we've just scratched the surface. Great things are coming soon to all VG Arma servers, but keep the suggestions and CONSTRUCTIVE opinions coming!!!
!cheers

But if I had time, a lot of it, like months, I would fashion an AI DayZ faction other than Zombies, and they would have guns and choppers and boats. And they would collect shit (not literal 'shit', but you know, shit...) and collect zombies randomly, with they're awesome assets and tip top guns, and kill/capture the players if they didn't hide or defend themselves from these AI "Umbrella" like forces.

Maybe someone else will do that for us.....could shit in one hand, and wish in the other, too.
!lol

(oh yea, and I voted for the bottom one, also with strictly enforced rules for bandits if we were to do it)
(and, and, I want ACRE!!! Perhaps a custom "CB Radio" styled version? and "findable" linear amplified antenna?)

DayZ got really boring for me after I had gotten everything in the game over and over and over again. So I'm hoping that we can bring back MSO. When we were testing MSO I had some excellent times, whether they be happy joyous moments, or frustrating ones when we are getting shut down.

Will speak to Solar sometime this week and see what we can do to make the voted for option happen.. Maybe we can get an event out of it. (I voted: Server restart, start with nothing, YES for Bandits)

And I like and support Morrison's rules for bandits. (Also secretly planning ACRE integration)

Not only Bandits, we should install the mod, that Jack imagine, make rules and then bring it on... i dont want that mess like on other online Servers ...but like everybody sayd..its getting boring, if you have everything and 20 Tents full of more shit....that will never happpen with bandits! If you like it better, we will make it official who is a bendit and who wanna play surviver...maybe we add Sherrifs too :)

1SgMorrison =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

If you like it better, we will make it official who is a bendit and who wanna play surviver...maybe we add Sherrifs too :)

I think that would break it for me. I don't want to be tied down to a role or have other people know what my intentions are.

@ everybody who wanna keep Day Z

I guess we keep DayZ and restart it. Now we should talk about the Details. I wanna know how we should play now and why you think so. Critic should be constructiv, thats the only way to move on and get people on the Servers. I will post my idea soon, let me know what you want.