Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Coop Zombie Mod.

dman248

CCCode and Iffn this is were we will post about the mod, ill be making the list pretty soon.

As of right now we only have the GB support kit done expect take out the smoke grenade, video of the kit. http://www.xfire.com/video/3026af/
(unless CCCode done anything in the last night)

Humans will have low ammo, No Sprint, and teamwork will be a must. There will be ammo dumps in the map but will be hard to find.
We still need to finish The rifleman kits, Grenadier kit, Medic, Officer, the starting kits etc.

We we finish those we need to do the special kits ex marksman, AA, HAT etc. (take them out or make use of them, need help on this one.)
Map--> i believe that we are using Battle of Qinling until iffn can start making his map, the spawn points are to be switched around so that zombies spawn outside of the map (i think CCCode was saying something about this.)

Zombies will be fast, lots of them, and wanting the humans blood.
Bots( PLA(as of now, hoping to be able to texture new skins kits)
1) Need to be strip of all weapons and only a knife.
2) Unlimited Sprint to be added.
3) Something is suppose to go here but i can think of it.

This will be a VG community mod only meaning you will have to be member of the site to download it.

Btw its 2 AM here, so if i have forgotten anything please feel free to tell me/ your ideas. And discuss this in this thread please.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a great project you guys have going. Why dont you post a list of the types of skills you need so people can contribute to areas you may need help with. I don't know much, but I would be willing to fill in where needed.

Can't wait to try this out....Gunna be fun break from the normal stuff. Is it going to be PR but with zombies instead of terrorists?

Now about those kits. I got a plan for using the kits so they fit every map we will use. So if the map got large open area we might use kits like MG and marksman (not sure about marksman cos everyone knows that long range weapons kills teamwork) and for more urban, tight, CQC like area we might go with shotguns, iron sighted weapons and other CQC weapons..

And the maps.. I will try modify Qinling as it is already a pretty small map and dont need much modifications. I also got a plan for Barracuda. Now Barracuda is quite a large map so i will try make the only playable area the orirginal CP "Supplies". I tought it would be a great place for killing some zombies as it got underground tunnels for some great CQC opportunities and on top its pretty flat and open, but still got some cover. The maps will have some huge atmosphereical changes and not just that normal PR feeling.

The central village in Silent Eagle is probably the best place in pr for a zombie mod.

But we still need to create Navmeshes both for Barracuda Supplies and Silent Eagle, Quinling village should be fine. There are some bf2 editor map tutorials http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f189-modding-tutorials/20862-map-tutorial-list-where-start-mapping.html and http://bf2.e-plaza.de/index.htm .

Bots need a navmesh for orientation. They would try to walk through trees and buildings without them.

Silent Eagle village:

if you upload those as attachments to your post they will resize larger for us when we click on them, just fyi. Look at the FF5 Screens thread for examples.

This is looking cool man. I thought it would be kinfa cool if we as the PR guys were Special Ops COOP team inserted into "map" to exterminate zombies...kinda like a Resident Evil gimmick. Maybe I will make a minier-mini-mod from your mini-mod.

Lovin it.

Blud discuss a good idea today, and i want to see what you guys would like.

Blud - Keep it real, add in the details that PR mod team missed. Ex. Add in 8 grenades (Real life), also when you die you get switched over to the zombie team and have them attack humans. (believe this may take some coding), Increase zombie health ( perhaps only head shots kill.)

If we go this way, we have to take out grapple hook. We still need humans to have no sprint as it will add people to stick together and teamwork.

Please discuss and get back to me, as of right now i have halted rebuilding kits and am working on Striping PLA kits to only a knife. (Officer already done, Need Marks, Grenadier, rifleman, rifle spe, medic, and support for starting kits.)

Umm.. Dman to save you some work.. We just need 7 zombie kits as we can easily choose what kits should be in the maps and every zombie kits will be pretty much the same. Also need maybe like 12 or 14 kits for the humans.

Back on the maps. I've found another location that is perfect for some zombie smashing in Barracuda. Its a little harbour in the far east of Barracuda witch is normally outside of the battlefield. I'm thinking of making the harbour part to a night map and the Supplies CP to a dawn map. I've also fixed up Asad Khal now so the rivers aint f.cked up so i'll try make the middle part with the 3 CPs the playing area.

@Blud, ok :D

I like it. I this Asad would be a good map for this. My only suggestion like dman said I said (lol) was to keep it real. Stay with the PR model of realism, weapons, tactics, but make it about killing these zombies instead of terrorists.
But make it better. Add new weapons/kits like you're doing but with the same realism of PR.
Add new Air and Vehicles, allow to carry more, run farther, use more, etc... Warriors are capable of so much more than we're allowed in PR.

Make the zombies lethal, head shots only to kill and make them all run like hell for their meat. When one of the 32 BLUFOR guys gets wacked you get like 2 minutes to revive or they become zombies themselves.

I know all of this is hard, but it would be cool. :)