Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

[poll] A few suggestions...

=VG= Ingo

1.) Re-enable Voting.

Apparently there's a glitch where if someone starts a map vote it will continue to initiate a map vote if the vote fails for the rest of the round. Honestly i had no problems ignoring Map votes i wasn't interested in, and i can't see why it should bother anyone else.

To solve the problem, =VG= admins decided to disable Voting, and this poses a new more annoying problem that can be explained through the following phrase: "When the cat's away, the Mice will play." I know admins are able to kick disruptive players, but nine times out of ten there will be an increase in disruptive and non-cooperative players when admins are not present, and with voting disabled there's no way for players initiate a kick vote to rid themselves of this disruptive player. Re-enabling this feature would definitely make for a more enjoyable experience.

2.) Randomizing the Map list

If possible i recommend randomizing the map list a bit, maybe once a week or once a month at least, that way, should the server crash, we're not forced to rejoin on the Muttrah City Map over and over again. And though admins can willingly either run the next map or change maps to which ever they want, sometimes admins won't be there to do this. setting the default map or first map on the list to "Operation Barracuda" or "Karbala" followed by another random map would help change up a bit so it doesn't feel so redundant and repetitive.

3.) Broadening the Map list horizon

we've seen Kashan Desert, Rameil, Karbala, Al Basrah, Qinling, Gazah Beach (at least more often than before), Jabal, Muttrah, Lashkar, Beirut and Barracuda.
I haven't seen Asad Khal, Kozelsk, or Operation Archer. Also, Fools Road seems to be a rarity as well. I think it would be a bit refreshing to introduce some of these maps into the map list. a slight change in scenery at least.

4.) Limited Mortar use

After the holiday season I've noticed an increase in Moronic Mortar use. What do I mean by this? Simply that people people who don't understand what purpose these mortars serve operate them and either hinder the progression of the team by hammering the current objectives that need to be captured or not announcing where the mortars are going to land resulting in the team walking into incoming shells and raging at a mortar team for their ignorance, resulting in more unhappy gamers.

I'm all for equal opportunity and everything, and i don't mind teaching people how to operate mortars, but mortars are more of a supporting role than an assaulting role and i think there should be an enforcement on limiting the use of mortars. I'm not sure what a good solution for that would be other than just simply preventing the creation of mortar squads, and I'm not about to support that, but if there's a way to limit the use of mortars to only the competent players who know how to use them properly, that would help prevent a lot of rage.

These are just a few suggestions i thought I'd throw out there in hopes of improving my gaming experience on the PR VG Coop server as lately my experiences haven't been as positive as they once were. One thing I'm hoping would be restored is the voting system. too many people now a days are being disruptive/disrespectful, teamkilling, stealing/wasting assets, non-cooperative and forcing people to team kill them. i think reinstating the vote system would help weed out these people.

thanks for taking the time to look these over.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear ya... the last few days there seem to be more than the usual # of idiots on the server. I had one kid raging on xfire about being kicked by an admin and I just said look buddy - you don't like it play somewhere else. I can see now why the more senior admins just kick first, ask questions later ;)

Not sure if it's possible to randomize the maplist but perhaps we could change it up more often? I would not mind doing this if help is needed.

Not one to question why, just too many smacktards make it hard to do or die. Glad the voting is back, as a late night player, I felt bad for TheDay having to leave his game so often, only to find the smacktard got bored after so many TK's he left before being able to be banned. Which I'm sure sucked even more for TheDay's effort.
I bet there is a reason Mutrah is the starting map, just never knew why. Not that I care, if it is to be, it certainly ain't up to me.
By randomize, that means it's not always the same map that comes up next every time, right?
And does Fools Road come up only rarely because of chance/conicidence? Server certainly resets more at night (to mutrah), perhaps this map is seen more during the day?
A humble suggestion, along the lines of "regulating the people on mortars" - perhaps a Green Rule with a statement liike:
"Mortars Must Communicate via Text with Teams"
Just a quick example, I'd hope you would put proper thought into the statement, if such may make Mortars on your server cooler/more like support.
Thanks for listening.