Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Flight sim gear in 2022

=VG= Meiz

Hey all.

Going to do my own reseach too but thought i might ask since we have some flight simmers here. Sold all my old gear a couple of years back and haven't kept an eye on the market. I'm in need of a stick, throttle and pedals.

1. Anyone have comments of how the Logitech/Saitek sticks are these days?

2. Is the Warthog Hotas still the best of the best? Or are there other alternatives these days?

3. Is the Warthog Hotas (with pedals) good for helicopters? Helicopters are my favorite thing, so keen for the DCS AH64 dropping this month! (Also fly the hornet and harrier in DCS or BMS). 

4. Has anyone used the Thrustmaster T Flight pedals? Any comments?

Cheers!

Hotas combo:

You didn't mention a budget so I would recommend this hotas combo, if you are serious with flight simming (which I assume you are).

https://wwsimstore.com/p/340.html

Ships out of China which might be favorable given your location (CN -> GER took 8 days for comparison). I own several of their products and the quality is excellent + heaps less plastic than Thrustmaster/Saitek. Also it's the only currently available F-16 throttle replica with working afterburner detent.

+ they also offer a helicopter collective grip which is compatible with the throttle base above.

Rudder:

https://www.amazon.com.au/Logitech-Pro-Flight-Rudder-Pedals/dp/B01LYPMTPT

Not much more expansive than the Thrustmaster t-flight, but wider which is more ergonomic since your legs are more apart. I found the Thrustmaster rudders too slim.

Have you read the 'Quick Start Guide' on the Apache? 370 freaking pages lol 

• Like 1

Budget is sort of around USD 800 -1000 for throttle/stick.

Wow, that Hotas Combo is a serious contender! Build quality sounds excellent + some great features/specs. I'm glad i mentioned helicopters. The fact i could swap between collective and throttle from the base is an awesome feature, looks like all of that fits within budget too.  i'll look at a few vids/reviews about it.

Went with the T FLight pedals, at least for now, found them as a pack with the matching throttle + stick for less than what the pedals retail for! They're all as new condition! I see what you mean about them feeling quite slim though Keed.

I had not seen that the Apache quick start guide had been released!  That a massive amount of pages for a quickstart, i wonder what the main manual will get to! Ah well, i had better start reading. Is the DCS Apache something you're looking at getting Keed?

I'd be careful about the collective grip hype for a while though. It's additional expense that you *really* have to fly tons of helicopters to justify. Once you have a good throttle, flying helicopters with them really is no worse for it; the collective is only useful for that small ergonomic touch.

With that in mind, why has no manufacturer thought to implement a collective brake in any shape or form instead of relying on balancing movement friction on a razor's edge between it falling under its own weight and being too stiff to move when desired, that is beyond me.

• 3 weeks later...