Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Excel Graph

=VG= BLuDKLoT

Hey guys, 

I'm trying to make a graph in excel but only 2 data cells out of 4 are graphing and I can't figure out the axis stuff, never tried this before, lol. Watched some vids, but still isn't working, I'm getting stressed. Anyone out there with mastery in excel? Please help! I can send you file. Thanks Blud. 

Help Me Please GIF by Adult Swim 

I'm proficient with Excel, but the edition I use is SBE 2003 (as old as it sounds).  But not sure how much has changed - you create your data cells, select them all, select Insert Chart, and follow prompts in the Chart Wizard to complete and insert into the existing sheet, or a new sheet in the file.  I know this may not translate 100%, but I'm gonna try anyway and hope for the best... if anyone else has better/more modern step-by-step flow, please post up here!

*TLDNR; This is a method from my Excel version from 2003 and may not be 100% applicable to a modern version, BUT this flow should be quite similar if MS still has the Chart Wizard in some form.  Hope this helps - but it may not translate properly to the version you are using - had to try anyway.

1. Set some data in cells:
    Ei2jV6W.jpg

2. Select all cells including row/column labels:
    8IS53SU.png

3. With these cells highlighted as selection, select Insert > Chart...
    Fdm5lIs.png

4. Assuming the Chart Wizard still exists in the version you are using, select options for type of chart:
    vjCL0NX.png

5. Select the range of the chart in Rows or Columns, can set series here as well if applicable:
    saJpCXr.png

6. Next, the Wizard should allow options for the look and appearance - set Title and Category/Value Labels and other options here:
    Du4UX9j.png

7. Choose the destination for this chart, either as a New Sheet or as object in existing sheet (just click Finish):
    omAE8m4.png

8. Final Product should be a chart object with resize options and linked to all 4 data cells selected in step 2:
    gyqDPdW.png
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, =VG= BLuDKLoT said:

IK sent you file needs to be line chart but I think your version too old 

Yeah, I just tried right now to see if MS would allow me to install a trial version of latest Excel, but they want money and I don't have it.  (One reason I've kept using my 2003 edition so long - hadn't needed anything more, and didn't want to give MS more money when what I had already worked well enough)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/video-create-pie-bar-and-line-charts-ce4beacc-7e25-4574-a8b9-a865dbb3e3d2

There's some basic tutorials built in to MS Office 365 for how to do them but this video might be easier to follow:

• Thanks 2