• Announcements

    • =VG= SemlerPDX

      VG Servers are Back Up! *UPDATED AGAIN* TS3 Server is back; PR and Mumble are online, Arma 3 Servers are online but still need VG specific missions and configurations, should be done before end of week...   04/15/2017

      UPDATE Sunday April 23rd:
      Most everything is back online now.  The PR Server is running, and Mumble is working.  We have not yet made PR Updates available in TCAdmin, but several more people have access to update the PR Server (including me) and there should be little to no server downtime from future PR Updates.

      I've installed a second PR Server and still need to expand the VG PR License for it - it can be used for whatever, but I called it "PR EVENT SERVER" to start.  I figured we might also want a development server for things like FastJack's PR COOP Insurgency Mission testing, and we will take care of that this coming week as well, if able.

      The Arma 3 Servers have been reinstalled, and they are running basic versions of their former missions.  They still need to be configured, but they will remain online until this happens during the week (when PITN gets time).  I've set up A3 Servers with a Steam Update button in TCAdmin, any Arma Admin can now update to the latest Arma version much faster and easier, and without needing to wait for a Head Admin.    -Sem

      Sunday April 16th 2017:
      I've just received an email from the Server Host in Germany.  They host the server that runs our TS3 and various game servers here including Project Reality, and Arma 2 & 3.  Apparently, there has been a fault with our server host, possibly a hardware failure or such, but all servers in one part of their data center were affected including ours. We do not have further details at this time, but unfortunately this means VG Servers will be down until we can regain access to our server.  We were not given a time frame estimate or specific details of what damage was incurred, and we do not know if we have lost any data that was on the server.  We've been with this host for many, many years, and we've had nothing but great connections and fast servers.  Clearly this is a rare occurrence and we need to be patient as we weather this storm. I feel particularly bad for our loyal Project Reality players who were very patient waiting for our server to get it's most recent update, and I wish I could do something immediately to fix this.  It's a sad truth that it is out of our hands for the time being as we await contact from our host, and get a detailed damage report and estimate of how long until we are online again.  Of course, I've contacted the other head administrators at VG and apprised them of the situation.  We will update you all as we get information. Thank you all for your patience and understanding!

CobaltUK

Member
  • Content count

    24
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

26 Fair

1 Follower

About CobaltUK

  • Rank
    Private
  • Birthday 01/15/1980
  1. 58ff82763e618-Day22.JPG

    The final push ?
  2. This I think is the 3rd time recently that they have pushed hard and far into the south. I think the only common factor beyond the campaign settings is the unusual lack of pilots this year on average. Personally I vote for restart but not essential.
  3. Are you sure the runways were undamaged ? That's all I can think of.
  4. This is far from unusual. I don't know if all frequents players have seen it but I do know that many have. For the longest time. Personally I just live with it
  5. Sorry I missed your comms on server, had stepped out for a moment. Have had a few lockups today. Server or me I don't know. Probably just as well to restart since ive not see much human activity recently. Surprised defeat not been announced with situation so bad.
  6. I was just about to report that now (a day later than you) the server time out had come up after a bms crash. However just tried again and connected for the moment.
  7. Situation critical.
  8. Hi Asp, as no doubt you know by now, the default keys for chat in game is shift T. Get yourself killed easy using in flight though Not sure but if you select UHF 13 you may be heard by others in game. Might be more to it than that. Never seen so much enemy activity south of Flot by day 5. probably caused by not much human input this campaign.
  9. Gut feeling is that custom anything on a P2P public server might be a bad idea. Based on no facts though. Weather seems ok. In such a small theatre as Korea I would prefer 10 min changes so that weather is changing during mission dependant on location as per RL. Its fine as is but would like to try. Ran a 10 min change offline when the feature of real weather maps 1st became available. Recently I have forced a CS connection on myself with no apparent downside. Its been suggested that is better for players with sub 5 Mbit upload.
  10. I changed those three squadrons in the running campaign to non HQ just prior to posting request (couple of minutes after it was re started). Probably I should have made that clear. Its the master file that isn't or wasn't set to non HQ.
  11. Can the master saved VG be edited some time so that the 36th 120th and 80th are not set HQ unless the previous info on which are and which are not HQ has changed. Thanks. Changing weather is `realistic` but ground missions being scrubbed and that awful almost painful sky above blanket clouds is a big negative. A smattering of rainy days is bearable. But all that was a previous setup so this might be way better. Thanks Sinu anticipation
  12. You have mistakenly ?? run 64bit version.
  13. There is no reason not to do some of your practice on the server. Even if you do not team up with another human each time you will be contributing to the war effort as the campaign apparently benefits from human players beyond just their mission success and the opportunity is there sometimes to get knowledge and explanations from other players.
  14. Excellent, thanks for your labours. (Disclaimer, I have not tried it yet lol )
  15. As things stand after post U2 upgrade the weather has gone from dependable good to 50% chance of bad. (25% + 25%) and I think that's excessive. Might be RL for korea ? but gets in the way of FUN. I`m all for using instruments to get back to base now and again so bring on the occasional `pea souper` but generally the combination of poor weather and night flights is not a great draw and possibly off-putting for newcomers. So can we bring back the other option or modify current setting to 5 + 5 ? (90% chance of reasonable weather. Can there be a list of `official` non HQ bases. Those of us who are interested can copy/paste on our systems and make the changes that sometimes seem to get missed after server disruptions, rather than guessing wrongly. Thanks.