sandstorm

Waiting to fly

13 posts in this topic

We can use this post when we are looking for anyone wanting to join a BMS flight.

Gonna be online in about 10 mins or so 21:00 UTC , if anyone around

I will be on around 2000Z if anyone wants to fly.

Was on last night. We've got =VG= Deathdealer gearing up to play Falcon 4.0 BMS.

Nice. Well if he needs a headtracking system let me know and I can get a discount code for him..

I will be on around 19:30Z today for the duration.

8 hours ago, sandstorm said:

Nice. Well if he needs a headtracking system let me know and I can get a discount code for him..

That's very generous of you Sandstorm, Death has a Thrustmaster HOTAS 4, so if anyone has a profile or keyfile that will help him get airborne quicker that would be appreciated.

tflighthotas4.jpg

17 hours ago, =VG= Kavelenko said:

That's very generous of you Sandstorm, Death has a Thrustmaster HOTAS 4, so if anyone has a profile or keyfile that will help him get airborne quicker that would be appreciated.

I use the HOTAS X, basically the same stick, with mouselook and a separate program called joy2key to map the lever on the back of the throttle to the airbrake. Keyfile is attached (BMS - Basicnew.key).

In this image (template from a forum somewhere), the first command for each button is in the normal state, the second command is used by holding the pinky switch on the back of the throttle. I also overrode some of the default keys (numpad is ICP, Enter and . work to enter and delete data, + and -  for data up and down, spacebar activates the maintenance light when battery is on)

The only thing I don't have on here are toe brakes and landing gear (I use racing wheel pedals for differential braking, and I've had one too many incidents accidentally lowering gear at speed), but this should keep him on the stick 99% of the time and not having to reach for the keyboard.

hotas x.png

BMS - Basicnew.key