Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Health Benefits of Video Games

=VG= BLuDKLoT

PC Gaming can change your brain! Recent studies are finding that these changes improve creativity, decision-making, concentration and dexterity. What I find ironic is that the violent games have the most the beneficial effects on the gamers brain. Government-funded researchers in the US and Europe have reported similar findings.

In the largest public study of electronic gaming so far, Mark Blair at Simon Fraser University in Vancouver, British Columbia, is turning the games themselves into a laboratory for learning. He is analyzing the behavior of 150,000 people who play a popular online game called StarCraft II, to learn how new knowledge and experience can become second nature, integrated into the way we react to the world around us.

I wonder how VG could get into this, lol.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

well, at VG, I find decision-making, concentration and dexterity the common thing while playing with you guys. However, the most important factor that I patronize is... TEAMWORK. It's hard to find teamwork nowadays on online shooters, when everyone is just bunnyhopping, quickscoping, spray and pray, camping, being a troll. Where at VG, I communicate with you guys to get a job done in PR/FH2. I notice most, if not ALL of the =VG= members puts teamwork ahead of vehicle-whoring/messing around, therefore I can conclude based on the postulates and theorems - that VG is the best place to increase these skills in PC gaming as well as TEAMWORK. -Sir Wolfe the Noob

BLuDKLoT =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

PC Gaming can change your brain! Recent studies are finding that these changes improve creativity, decision-making, concentration and dexterity. What I find ironic is that the violent games have the most the beneficial effects on the gamers brain. Government-funded researchers in the US and Europe have reported similar findings.

In the largest public study of electronic gaming so far, Mark Blair at Simon Fraser University in Vancouver, British Columbia, is turning the games themselves into a laboratory for learning. He is analyzing the behavior of 150,000 people who play a popular online game called StarCraft II, to learn how new knowledge and experience can become second nature, integrated into the way we react to the world around us.

I wonder how VG could get into this, lol.

The sooner they get us some full Virtual Reality suits like a holodeck, the sooner we'll all be building muscle memory as well as mental training. I'm loving the direction the industry is going with biometrics and motion control!