Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Developer & Publisher Homepages Beta on Steam

Zadra

So the main funtion of this a more pretty filter for their store page. Good for fans to follow, and nice to edit and opt-out of specific notification e-mails. I guess Steam finally follows suit with a redesign.

This has to be the largest media platform to stick with their design and layout for so long. As much it is critizied I hope the do it right. Personally I always notice less and less funtions with redesigns or "overhauls" of a UI. Simplification is not hiding buttons behind drop-out menus. Bloody Spotify UX-Devs! >:|

• Upvote 1

This will be a good way to filter for publishers we choose (if we can browse by "favorite publishers" instead of one pub at a time) because we could essentially exclude all those no-name shovelware peddlers that overwhelm any game searches on the store, hiding the good gems in pages and pages of asset flips and "baby's first video games".

:tatice_06:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

we could essentially exclude all those no-name shovelware peddlers that overwhelm any game searches on the store

Interesting that you mention that. Recently Steam introduced a new approval model for new games coming to steam. Its called "Everything is allowed, unless it's flat out illegal". No more curation needed! .. Wait, was there any before??