Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

How to fix graphics? ** resolved **

Herkyman

Hi!

Returning to Falcon 4 and BMS.  

Latest iteration of Windows 10 64 Bit/NVidia 1080 card/32 gigs ram/yatta yatta

4k monitor

Even thou setup says 3840 X 2160, once I go into sim itself, looks BAD. The text in cockpit is almost unreadable, the scenery looks like a Minecraft game. The airplanes outside are jagged sticks.

When I completely exit game, it looks like it was running at a lower resolution than 4k, since any open windows got resized.

What am I doing wrong?

How can I make it right?

I'll hang up and listen...

** UPDATE **  https://www.benchmarksims.org/forum/showthread.php?33518-Bms-launches-in-low-resolution-(not-menu)

"Right click Falcon BMS shortcut, select properties, then compatibility tab and then check Disable full screen optimizations. Then click OK and run Falcon BMS."

Worked beautiful!

2018-10-16_153709.thumb.jpg.c3b86a3f9a66bba55cf42a64d67c78bb.jpg

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah -- so this is a Windows 10 update thing.  Glad you got it sorted.  Good luck to you and see you around! :drinks:

Looks like the Fall Creators Update is responsible for this one.  Good that you found the fix.  I don't have that problem because I manually update Windows 10 and avoid certain updates (or remove them immediately if installed).  It's not easy to keep up with and know what is what, Windows really screwed the pooch with this newest OS.

shameless plug:
If you want to learn how to get more control of Windows 10 in function and appearance, check out my article here -