Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Next computer

G.Kirkland

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey man check out Velocity PC (Banner on site) or Cyberpowerpc.com both are awesome. Don't try to make your own unless you're savvy yay. I got my kid a sick machine for $1200 with 24" monitor from cyberpowerpc http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/landingpages/intel/i7/?gclid=CJq74PSv56UCFRtqgwodwR7xzw

Built my first computer from salvage, built my second with some new parts and an Nvidia Geforce 6600GT. My current computer I decided hell with it and bought prebuilt from iBuyPower. Really like it; runs pretty much everything at highest settings with an average framerate (around 30). Only games that give me problems are ARMA II and City of Heroes which I used to play during my experimental MMORPG phase. City of Heroes is rather poorly optimized though, and when I say ARMA II I mean ARMA II, not Operation Arrowhead, which seems to have been optimized a lot better.

Heck, Crysis, that insanely beautiful game designed for PCs from the intergalactic mainframe sent from outer-space, runs on highest settings with a decent 30 FPS...as long as I keep the resolution low, heh. Still gorgeous though.

So for my next computer (note that these three computers have been spread out over ten years or so), I'm thinking of just keeping the current one and upgrading with a better video card and processor if I can get away with it. Or maybe even try running SLI or sommat'. But iBuyPower seems like a good sort too.