Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Luca - Disruptive Play

=VG= Eclipse002

Was on the Insurgency server (for a change! Been on the Domination server mostly but it was empty). Player Luca was on Blue, started piloting the Chinook, attempted inexpertly a landing, and ended up crashing the darned thing into the main base, digitally annihilating most everyone there (about eight players or so). With MY NEW FOUND =VG= MEMBER EMPOWERMENT STATUS, I warned Luca that he had better learn how to fly a chopper before flying one. A few minutes later and he was on the OP FOR team, infiltrating the main base, getting onto a Mark 19, and blowing everything up in sight. I'm happy to say that I expertly commanded my squad to return to base, and took satisfaction in personally shooting Luca as he lay prone hiding in the M*A*S*H tent. I gave him a second warning that being a co-op server he should endeavor to not be in the opposing team, and kicked him. He re-joined a few minutes later, and was on the blue team last I checked.

I did not ban him--yeah, shock and surprise, I know--but being so new a member with admin controls I wanted to verify I had that authority, before banning or anything permanent like that. I recognize that what he was doing was wrong, and that according to VG rules, he probably should have been dealt with in more strict a manner. In the meanwhile, you've got his name, his GameTracker page for reference, and I'll take the time to read up on server monitoring stuff before I rejoin the server, so I know how better to handle situations like this.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I did some looking into this. Looks like according to GameTracker, he does INDEED know how to play, and fly a Chinook properly. He has about 273 hours logged on the "Sheepa.org v1.7 | Cracked | Ranked" server alone.

I say...ban this griefer, PITN!

His server log:
Luca

1. I need the players GUID. Banning thru the game server console is not effective.

2. OPFOR is disabkled. But as an OPFOR player he should not be able to get within 400 meters of the MHQ. So I don't understand if he was not OPFOR or the script was broken when hiding in the MASH..

Take screenshots or whatever but the piece I really need is the BE GUID. You can get this by opening the in game chat window and typing "#beclient players". This will give you a list. then open a chat window and hit pageup pagedown until you can see his infoa nd take a screenshot.