Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

New Op ... Anyone?

whiztler

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is best to have someone other than the mission maker as the leader - in many ways it makes it more fun for all involved.

As for the CLAfghan suggestion, if someone goes to make one, I'd like to give them some tips so the AI doesn't bug out during (they hate complex waypoints and have a hard time with certain roads on CLAfghan)

ColdNfreeziN LAN_WROTE ...

OH sweet! :) well in that case my mission on TB is just about done working on finding out how i can disable or limit IR/Thermal views on the Bradley...oh and did i mention its now at night with no NVG we just have flares? :)

I'm sure there is a module that limits the range of NV, haven't tested it with vehicles though.
It's possible that it's an ACE module.

Yeah there is an ACE limited NV range module but none that I am aware of for IR/Thermal (unless the limited NV module also affects thermals??)

Cold we loved that mission.. just cause we died a lot does not mean it sucks :)

OK so if we are having a few people making missions (which is awesome BTW) then I think we need to get some standards down which mission makers can follow. The biggest one being required mods... what I personally don't want to see is 40 different mods each week to download and install. We need to come up with a core VG set of mods and stick to them when making missions. A good place to start would be the mods we use with MSO. Obviously there will exceptions to this rule (like an I44 weekend or something).

Any thoughts?? Do you think this is a good idea?

Also I'm working on a VG mission template (totally re-doing the one I did last year as it now sucks) which others can use to create missions without having to re-invent the wheel each time. It will not be fancy... it will include a core set of features like:

Template for briefing notes, tasks, etc
Join In Progress compatible stuff
ACE revive and respawn script
UPSMON script
Garrison and house patrol scripts

At it's core will be the F2 Mission Framework.. which I use constantly now.. check the link for a features list:
http://ferstaberinde.com/f2/en/index.php?title=Main_Page