Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

26/05 - Operation Talon Day 3 AAR

=VG= Calv

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roger that on the comms, was just due to the fact i was using a new radio i was a bit confused lol.

AAR - Eagle 1

Took off from southern airfield and climb to altitude of 3500ft, continued to circle above AO in a holding pattern until needed. Several breakdown in communications between ground forces and support units most likely caused by terrain undulations in and around the AO, took on role of comms relay between different ground units (Jager's and Gaz' squad) and Poff on the Mortar.

called in to support Gaz, 1 x LGB dropped, direct hit on enemy contact. Two strafing runs on a BMP-3 to the east of the stronghold on the main road - Unknown effect on target. Several AA missiles launched before all AA units were neutralized, no hits taken and no damage sustained.

Outcome: Mission Successful, minimal casualties sustained but the comms could be taken care of a little more.

without air units to act as liason, comms could break down very easily so that should be considered in future.

Terremer =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

:( wish i couldve been there, i can abrely even play dota on this computer. at least fallout1 runs, lol!

murder sounds cool man would be nice to have air support on call, id ont have much experience with harriers either, maybe i should mess around in the armory.

Harrier was really a one-off.

Next campaign will have a AH-6 for recon and light fire support and possibly an A-10 if the situation escalates. Considering having a blackhawk available for medevac duties but still in two minds as to whether it's worth having the little bird pilot return to base and return with the blackhawk to pick up the injured.

Good game over all..

Talon squad moved slowly Had to wait for iffn to regorup then we moved into overwatch while calv was being engaged.
We took out the 6-10 men guarding the AA then moved in, Secured and destroyed AA.

We moved east down hill towards the generals camp as overwatch was tuff from the top of the hill..
Got engaged several times We lost calv to a BMP just after he took aother one out.

Called in murder to bomb a treeline where we were taking grenade lanucher fire. Murder responded within ruffly 4 seconds and the target was gone and half the damn forrest ;D.

Used several mortar barrages taking out 3 apcs and 5+ Foot mobiles.

Comms were TERRIBLE.
There was no way we would ever have done that mission without Murder relaying all orders between squads and Mortar.
We really need to learn this stuff too stand any chance in ACE.

But over all good game just gota work on our coms a little.
(just like to mention Murder is a great pilot with that damn bird ;-) he managed to lock on and destroy the enemy instantly.) And ofc Ingo as Always my special no fear no talk friend :D And clippys super SF hearing and iffns marksmanshi ;-)

Charlie Squad; Fire Team 2

Castor lead us along the coastal road North, parallel to Lupago and Fire Team 1. Minimal contacts - took a long, cautious approach to SE AA camp, but suffered zero casualties as a result. This tactic would have been perfect, and safe against ACE AI, so do not think we took "too" long.

We found the enemy SAM's unguarded and relieved their operators from duty before placing demo charges. Not long after, we heard reports of the General's demise and the subsequent fall of the Stronghold itself.

Made our way to Extract Zone, and watched the Osprey's coming in en masse. Great game, very quick, but no doubt a result of our practices these past few weekends. ACE here we come!!!
!2cool
(on a side note - it's great to be playing Arma again with so many old friends - Murderface, Gaz, Calv, Jager, and the lot. Good times!)

hey Calv if an A-10 ends up on the scene, i really want to pilot that hog lol.

i know it's a shitty quality upload but this is an example of some of the poor radio comms we were experiencing on the 117, perfect comms with Poff a few clicks south, but yet i was circling right above the AO and could hardly raise Gaz at some points

Gaz LAN_WROTE ...

We moved east down hill towards the generals camp as overwatch was tuff from the top of the hill..
Got engaged several times We lost calv to a BMP just after he took aother one out.

Comms were TERRIBLE.
There was no way we would ever have done that mission without Murder relaying all orders between squads and Mortar.
We really need to learn this stuff too stand any chance in ACE.

Was a grenade that took me out, I hit the BMP then came under fire, ran south and just as I stopped to take another took was blown up again.

As for comms, I'm pretty sure the problem was the trees but I wasn't on that radio net so hard to say really. Never had comms issues like that with the Lambs guys and we're usually operating over much greater distances.

First post updated with video.

Had a quick chat with Ch1 & Ch2 FTL's and came up with a plan to assault from the south using bounding fireteams.

While they sorted their gear I did some recon on the town, spotted 2 patrols of 3 pax each and the AA site on the north-west side of town.
All targets within fire range but didn't like those odds so I relayed the information to Ch1 & Ch2 and waited for them to breach the town.

Had one small firefight that I took part in and Ch1 I believe took one casualty during that, had to move down and heal.
After that I followed the teams close.

I'd blame teamspeak tbh, spam protection screwed up for some of us.
Could not hear Gaz at all and pretty sure quite a few others as well, after restarting ts I still got error messages but eventually it worked sorta.

Another problem was the grid cords, for some reason my cords was different from everyone else in Charlie.
Sort that out with markers but it's not ideal.

Jager LAN_WROTE ...

Had a quick chat with Ch1 & Ch2 FTL's and came up with a plan to assault from the south using bounding fireteams.

While they sorted their gear I did some recon on the town, spotted 2 patrols of 3 pax each and the AA site on the north-west side of town.
All targets within fire range but didn't like those odds so I relayed the information to Ch1 & Ch2 and waited for them to breach the town.

Had one small firefight that I took part in and Ch1 I believe took one casualty during that, had to move down and heal.
After that I followed the teams close.

I'd blame teamspeak tbh, spam protection screwed up for some of us.
Could not hear Gaz at all and pretty sure quite a few others as well, after restarting ts I still got error messages but eventually it worked sorta.

Another problem was the grid cords, for some reason my cords was different from everyone else in Charlie.
Sort that out with markers but it's not ideal.

Muting Teamspeak error notifications stops the constant Error spam in your ear.

No idea about the grid coords, I would expect that to be fixed by the map and it's a stock map so everyone is using same version. Only thing I can think that might affect it is if you were running ACE, its possible that might use a different map.

Charlie 1 took all the gear needed for the op, before starting we lost PAS so we were 3 men ft.

We pushed through the west side of the town while ch2 moved through the east side, took down a vodnik with a small support team in the east side, Sam was killed by it (Sam did u had an conexion problem because u were aiming for 10 seconds with the SMAW in an expose area, that is why you got killed).

After that we regrouped with Ch2, the we moved through the treeline in the west side of the trainline and covered the movement of Talon while Air and Fire support were bombing the area.

I have a little complain, once we were in the town the coms were a bit chaotic in the 148, i ll suggest to start asking if u can talk before doing it.

not problem connexion Lupago but i have a problem to understand all ,not your fault but my !its difficult to me to understand when in action you speak speed and have no understand our situation! i think its better to understand with Savage for example , don't worry more i'm on TS with you , more is facility to me to understand all! im a good soldier but have some problem with my english looooooooool,so for debrief :

1-thanks Calv

2-Acre is really good but more training for some people

3-all the people must read the brief and the Acre or Addons explicit before the event time!!! , its necessary to start at good time, if you can make a test of your ArmA/TS config in the day before the event ,the server is ready two or three hours before , i know cause its what i make before event!

4-cause i don't understand , when i'm aim the Vodnik i just wait order to fire ! so sorry Lup

5-have a problem with my Arma sound , TS and Acre is ok but the Arma sound down in game , its because i make alt-tab to up Arma sound in audio panel, what's my problem i must disable sound fonctions ? (Win7X64)

6-Long life =VG= !

Castor =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

charry charry charry.. if we would have an AC-130 then what is the purpose of ground forces? that thing can obliterate almost any enemy contact. it's too OP to be used on regular missions :)

NOOO you didn't understand my meaning :D i just meant it was looking like an ac130, not i want an ac130 for next missions haha