Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Slow movement

Tanker

Sometimes on the VG Ace Insurgency server (I've not noticed it on other servers yet) I get into a situation where I move very slowly. Double tapping W has no effect. lv suggested Shft-F1. That seemed to help for a moment, but the problem returned shortly. After a period, normal action returns.

This seems to come into play with other phenomena such as a long delay between selecting a scoped view (RMB) and having it displayed or selecting Z to lie down and having it take 15 seconds before it occurs.

My first thought is a lag issue.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use TrackIR and never had that problem - I've had the "Double-Time Run" issue, but that's usually during a mass lagout.

Would be helpful to note the Server Load when these things happen to rule out more possibilities. I screenshot all script errors now for that reason.

@lewi: Yes, I use Track IR. I do notice sometimes if I'm running and look behind me to one direction or another, I slow down.

@Semler: There was no more than 10 people logged on when this happened. I really think it has to do with lag because all sorts of "delayed" actions take place when this happens, such as delays in going prone, bringing up scopes etc.
I'll try to note the conditions more carefully next time it happens.

Tanker LAN_WROTE ...

@lewi: Yes, I use Track IR. I do notice sometimes if I'm running and look behind me to one direction or another, I slow down.

That's due to the lean, as you're turning your head you must be moving slightly to the side causing it to lean which slows you down. I turned off the X axis in the TrackIR program to prevent it from happening.

I also don't use TrackIR lean....Gotta switch shift-states on my Nostromo speedpad and peak with Q & E.

On lag issues, first thing to ask is if others are experiencing lag at the same time as you. If it's just you, that's actually GOOD>

Then we can troubleshoot your Modem/Router and individual PC settings that may streamline your connection to the game.

The server is in the UK and I connect from West Coast US without issue (but I monkeyed with my router, firewalls, and ports long ago to make gaming online work right)

I'm going to delete the Trackir lean.

It's just me usually. lv, from Canada, was on the server and not having issues at the same time I was.

I also have a Nostromo game pad. I have the N50. Since I have Win7, I have to use software for it written by a third party. It works well in almost all games. In Arma however when I hit the key programmed to A (strafe left) I get a menu on the screen as well as strafing left. If I check the game pad out put in NotePad I just get A. So many problems, so little time.

Had that problem again yesterday where ACE interaction menu doesn't come up when pressed (self always does)... however there was some server lag at the time so I'm pretty sure it's related to that. Hard to be a medic when you can't heal others :)

Tanker, you may want to investigate if your N50 is setting itself (or not) to Device ID 0. If you have more than one programmable device (I have Couger MFD's for Falcon 4) I find I need to unplug them or they cause device id conflicts and "mute" or "interfere" with programmed button presses.

Can't find a link or more info atm, but investigate Device ID via google. May be your problem.