Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Arma Operation Arrowhead

Guest Jackless

hey guys.

i just found this. its a video about the new standalone addon for Arma 2. They show some nice new features in this video.
I know that some of the people here play arma so i thought that i should post this.

http://www.gamestar.de/index.cfm?pid=1589&pk=13838 (this is in german language, sorry couldnt find it in english, but it shows some nice ingame footage)

it is announced to the 29th June.

Jackless

[yt embedded video fixed - sem]

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am buying this and converting the ARMA Server to it when it's released. (If I can)

The ARMA Server I just put up is going to be patched to 1.07 today!

ARMA is pretty sick when you have people that play it they way we do in PR. When ARMA:PR is released you know we're going to have a Server for that!

You do need a decent rig to play, but it's pretty epic dman.

The graphics are amazing in max. I sat in the ocean on a RIB and there were 3 foot swells. The engine needs some polish. I would get certain graphics bugs here and there. And night time is pitch black. You are really screwed without some night vision goggles. And you need to know how to read terrain and a map. Brush up on your land navigation skills.

Erm.. sorry but,

CE3: (C2 game engine)

- Global Illumination
- Ambient Occolusion
- Tesselation
- Refraction
- Dynamic Time of Day
- Deferred Lighting
- Colour Grading
- Blend Shading
- Procedural Destruction
- Some of the best physics a game engine can have
- Procedural Deformation
- All this 100% Real Time
The list goes on...

CryENGINE 3 looks fricken beautiful. But that is comparing apples to oranges.

I have Crysis and it is awesome as singleplayer. But on MP it just sucks. It rewards individuals vs. teams. After dealing with script kiddies, exploits and hacks I shelved it after a week of MP.

CE3 is being designed for consoles as well. It's gonna be fricken beautiful graphics. But it is being used for arcade type play.

Why do I play PR and now ARMA2?
Because I get a bigger sense of accomplishment from team goal oriented play. Planning a strategy and executing a flawless mission against a dynamic opponent is fricken awesome.

Why I don't play multiplayer Crysis, BF:Bad Company, MW2 or the upcoming Medal of Honor?
Because these are games specifically designed to be ARCADE style. Engineered for consoles first and then ported to the PC.
It's absolutely boring to play one of these games just to have some 15yo camp the spawn or whatever.

Btw. How large of a map does CE3 support? Because the maps in Arma are fricken HUGE.

There is a mod project for Crysis 1 that involves a map witch is 63x63km - Who knows how big maps can get in CE3 witch actually runs faster than CE2

Though, one of the reasons CE3 runs better (atleast in Crysis 2) is because of all the buildning blocking your view. Im sure it runs very good with huge open deserts and savannas too :D

I've been playing a mod for Arma2 called Chernarus Life: Revolution. You are warned if you fire a weapon in the spawn area. By the third shot you're placed in jail for like 3+ minutes.

There's a lot of developer drama behind the mod but it is pretty cool. You can play a civilian/terrorist or a cop. Makes for some hilarity anyway. You guys should try out the [HGs] server when they get it updated to 1.07.

I've tried looking for the PBO file on the net but the only version I have been able to find is an Australian one and it is an older version.

Blud, I saw the VG arma2 server. I'm still learning. When I dry of my ears I'll come hang out there and get the population up.

I'm running at max settings. I'm sitting right around 30 and hitting low 20's or teens when the explosions get crazy. I honestly haven't noticed that much.

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 6/28/2010, 12:51:09
Machine name: FUZZY-B51C88246
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.100216-1514)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: NVIDIA
System Model: 122-CK-NF68
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs)
Memory: 2046MB RAM
Page File: 681MB used, 5803MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 8800 GTX
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0191&SUBSYS_C8313842&REV_A2
Display Memory: 768.0 MB
Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (85Hz)
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0011.9745 (English)