Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

[poll] =VG= Vehicle Warfare Server

Iffn

Vehicle Warfare is a gamemode that came with the release of 0.9. This is the official description from the pr manual:

Many heavy vehicles battle for control of the map in
this game mode. Players are limited to spawning with
crewman kits. Only officer and pilot kits can be
requested. Tickets are only influenced by how many
CPs a team controls. Destroyed vehicles respawn
after 5 minutes. It takes at least 6 players (inside
vehicles) to take control of a CP. Capturing is much
faster than in AAS.

Right now, only one vehicle warfare only server out there and nobody plays it.

That's why I think, VG should jump into that hole by creating a new server. We just need 4 people to play a map like Beirut or Muttrah City and they aren't hard to find in the VG community. As soon as we play it, new people will come.

There are 5 playable maps aviable in 0.91 and this is the order, that I suggest:

• Beirut 2x2 km Rus vs IDF

• Battle for Qinling 4x4 km UK vs PLA

• Muttrah City 2x2 km US vs MEC

• Silent Eagle 4x4 km US vs Rus (With Bradleys and BMPs)

• Yamalia 4x4 km CF vs Rus

Hope we'll see us in a nice tank battle soon !lol

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like driving around armor, so I'd be down!

I could see it getting old fast, though, having to wait around for a while before my ride pops back up w/o the option to go infantry (If I'm lucky and no one steals my ride before I can jump back into it)

Would this also be an opportunity for VG to get a mumble server going? It would be nice if just the gunner and driver could communicate w/o needing to use VOIP to the whole squad.

Blud/Solar: You have to say, if a server is possible. I think, 20 slots would be enough to start, that would be 5 tanks / team.

I think the maps have 200-300 tickes / team => 12 tickets / tank + crew => 16 - 25 tanks to shoot down / team

There are 2 repair trucks / team so you are able to repair your tanks on the battlefield.

We could test a map by creating a local server. It should be playable with 4 players and that would be enough to play it on muttrah or Beirut.

@TrentBrown #1:
Mumble would be realy nice. The problem is that you have to be in mumble to hear it so it might get confusing

@TrentBrown #2:
There are enough tanks in these maps and i think you have a veary low respawntime (like in the old training servers)

@IHarryXx
Vehicle Warfare is human only and i think that's good. Bots are awful tank drivers/gunners.

A good tactic in vehicle warfare, especialy in maps like Qinling is to hide a tank, leave the gunner in the tank, let the driver jump out and listen. You can hear the tank a long time before you see it. That usually gives you the first shot.

An other tactic is to hide the sl in the map and wait until he sees the enemy tank.
Your tank can shoot the marked enemy tank beyond visual range

Bots are just way to stupid to use those tactics ;)

• 2 months later...
The reason that VW isn't popular on other servers is because they're straight pvp, no bots.

It takes a pretty fair amount of players before it becomes reasonable to play and fun. So Co-op VW would be the only way to go. Let the bots fill in the blanks until people join up. After all, most bots that fly and drive do so better than the average player... So it's not as if there would be no challenge.