Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Looking for decent none main stream gaming laptop

=VG= OniBlood1986

Hey guys I am looking to buy a higher end gaming laptop. I don't want alienware or dell. I am pushing more for a barebone system or a none 4000k laptop I am willing to spend up to 1500 on a new system . I would prefer it to be AMD and ATI if not amd it has to have a ATI video card. If you have any idea's or any good systems hit me up.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have one myself but Asus makes good laptops:

http://computershopper.com/laptops/reviews/asus-republic-of-gamers-g73jh

Lists at $1600 and has all you are looking for (well i7 instead of AMD but has good ATI graphics)

Apparently the battery drains fast (no surprise considering the power) and the power adapter is big...but looks like a great laptop otherwise.

PITN LAN_WROTE ...

gaming and laptops.... don't mix too well.

I'll second that. I had an Alienware laptop a few years back. Although it was fast, it had cooling issues after beingon for 2-3 hours.. Eventually more and more blue screen of deaths begin to happen so I sold it (to some unsuspecting chap on eBay). But if you still want to get one, I've heard good things about ASUS.

• 2 weeks later...
Chaz LAN_WROTE ...

PITN LAN_WROTE ...

gaming and laptops.... don't mix too well.

I'll second that. I had an Alienware laptop a few years back. Although it was fast, it had cooling issues after beingon for 2-3 hours.. Eventually more and more blue screen of deaths begin to happen so I sold it (to some unsuspecting chap on eBay). But if you still want to get one, I've heard good things about ASUS.

there's nothing wrong with their current build, I've been using a M11x with an intel 2 core duo thingy, and a 256 SSD for almost a year and I've had NO issues what so ever, you must have gotten a bad egg