Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Joint operation - 4th of May - Status update2

Jager

Hello gents, it's that time again.

Last night we had a meet and greet for the clans involved and the mission designer and we are now left with three steps before a joint operation.

The next joint operation will be a mission made by a mission creator from lambs with feedback from the clans involved, the mission as it stands has a working concept and briefing, what remains for the actual mission is a play test.

1. Commander - Matt has after 350 billable hours of Lawyer meetings agreed to take the heavy mantle of Command (..Answered yes when asked)
2. Playtest
3. Date

Each clan is supposed to bring 9 grunts + pilot, additional people will be assigned a slot outside of the fireteams.

Teams will look like this:

Lima 1 / 2 / 3
-Teamleader
-Assistant Teamleader
-Operator (Assault)
-Machinegunner
-Automatic Rifleman
-Medic
-Operator (M14)
-Operator
-Operator

Victor-1
-Teamleader
-Machinegunner
-Machinegunner
-Operator
-Forward Air Controller

Command
-Mission Commander
-Second in Command
-Chief Air Controller
-Master Sniper

Air wing consists of 1 pilot per clan but there are 10 pilot slots total, enough to bring cas and door gunners for transport helicopters.

And lastly since this will be an actual mission we'll have a briefing before the actual event and a debrief after the 3 hours are up.

Location: Undisclosed at this time since changes might be made.

More information including briefing and a proper signup thread will be made available as we make progress.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for getting this posted Jager it was good to meet nkenny yesterday and love how organized he is with the mission structure, etc. This will be good.

Just to expand on Jager's post:

Event will be hosted by Veterans-Gaming who will provide:

- Arma 2 event server
- Teamspeak 3 server
- Six-Updater repo URL
- bacon

This is a limited space event - first come first served. CONFIRMED members will come first - if you are not sure about the date/time (when announced) you will be put in the 'maybe' group.

Murderface =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

thanks a lot for the post, great to see these Joint ops being discussed and put together more often, it really reflects on the good Arma community we all share and love :) i will be shoulder deep in this, look forward to signing up.

No problem, feel better keeping you guys in the loop as we make progress.
Nothing happens just sitting on your hands and hoping, in the arma community we make the moments and the memories be they good or bad :P
Sure enough others obligations show their ugly heads now and then so I'm happy we made some progress last night.

SavageCDN =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

Thanks for getting this posted Jager it was good to meet nkenny yesterday and love how organized he is with the mission structure, etc. This will be good.

Just to expand on Jager's post:

Event will be hosted by Veterans-Gaming who will provide:

- Arma 2 event server
- Teamspeak 3 server
- Six-Updater repo URL
- bacon

Nkenny is a elusive creature tied up in too much worldly stuff so I'm happy he had time to make some missions, he is quite possibly my favorite mission designer (but don't tell him that, it might break him)
I have high hopes for this event.

Gaz =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

Looks pretty sweet well done, can't wait now! Hope we play before my bloody exams!

I got the commander nailed down ahead of time, yay me etc.
So what remains is the play test, I am hoping to get that done by next week. After that / those sessions nkenny will have a better grip on things that needs changing / fixing. So it's not farfetched that I'll have a date for ya next week some time.

Jager LAN_WROTE ...

Castor =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

CBA_CO or CBA_A2+CBA_OA?

That my friend is nkenny or savage's call, server will be up ahead of the event so people can connect and check if their shizle works but that won't be till after the play test.

Alright, ill talk with both, its just that if we DONT use CBA_CO I wont be able to join, as well as Murder if I'm right.

Jager LAN_WROTE ...

Wooz =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

Sounds awesome, should we start assigning the roles right away or?

Might be hard to do since we don't know the date yet but it vg's call, it will be some upcoming saturday.
After the play test I'll give an update.

Maybe make something like this where everybody answers:

Do you want to Lead? Y/N
Do you want to be a Pilot? Y/N
Do you want to be a Crewman? Y/N
Are you interested in an administrative position (Radioman, ATC, JTAC)? Y/N
Q.C.C.: (any questions comments or concerns)

• 2 weeks later...