Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Arma 2 Fulton Recovery System

=VG= Outlanders

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHA! !2cool I rescripted that very module for Arma 2!

It is very fun to go flying like that!!

Much better when you're actually in the flying position, I thought...so -
I had spent some time with that SQS script myself! Converted it to SQF and added some appropriate additions like going into the "HALO" position once hooked, and the ability to add a nearby AI unit to your hook (for recovering objectives like Enemy Commander or Downed Pilot).

Here's the WIP video I made way back to show off some of my fixes/changes to it:

**Horrible Bot Pilot - he just can't fly a straight path, but you get the idea.

Plane hooks line, players go flying (in the HALO position) and get reeled into the cargo bay. Speed of reel has been fixed since video was shot, but is still slower than the original, plus added a fade through black and forced Internal View upon entering the cargo bay.
Red/Green Jump Lights are available to the Pilot as well as the cargo doors action.

This is a script I found online, in SQS, that I converted to the modern SQF as script set for Arma 2 Combined Operations.
It is still a work in progress, and adds features such as "nearest unit added to personal skyhook" as well as the Red/Green Jump Light indicators inside the C-130, and options to open or close the Cargo Bay Doors.
Players pack a Fulton Recovery Kit like an item (like compass, map, watch, etc.) from an object at base, and can deploy or re-pack it in the field. When they are picked up, the item is consumed. The line reels in realistically slow, and then a nice fade-through-black puts the player inside the cargo plane.

Still to do:
-Test Locality Issues on Dedicated Server for Multiple Pick-ups on same line
-Make Cargo Doors Open from Inside as well as Outside Views
-Make Red/Green Jump Lights visible on Pilot's Action Menu only with small cockpit indicator