Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

how to get/keep ACE/ACRE Insurgency populated.

suomikeizari

1. Dedicated players - everytime you want the server to fill up you need to have some people playing it. no one likes playing alone

2. as few mods as possible - lets keep it simple so its easy join the server, just ACE/ACRE and Takistan.

3. Leaders, leaders and leaders. - we need to step up and start leading these players, make interesting plans to take over territory and take down caches. (make up a backround story for them.)
ALSO these plans MUST be very big, i mean having 12-30 players included. otherwise rest of the players will get bored.

4. Small stationary base - the base must be still and be secured easy to help players there, this is possible by making it for example on one of the Airfields. pack it with vehicles LAV/Stryker, 3-5 humvees. 2 trucks. ?MHQ?, 2 Hueys, 1 Chinook, 1 Apache/Cobra, 1 Harrier/other plane if possible.

5. TS required for all important assets.

6. Designated pilots, only verified players are allowed to fly Apache, Harrier and the Chinook

7. Only verified players are allowed to use the APC (LAV/Stryker)

8. RP - lets try to make this immersive, roleplay it as much as possible! I dont mean in a chernarus/zargabad/takistan life way, I just mean that we should act military, THIS IS NOT A RULE, JUST A SUGGESTION.

9. We NEED something unique, something =VG=! bring on the ideas! how do we promote teamwork? how will we help new ACE/ACRE players on the way?

ALL GOOD IDEAS WILL BE IMPLEMENTED IN THIS LIST, NOW START COMMENTING!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with all of them and will gladdly go along with all exept for 4.. Untill we have a Dedicated Community of players playing on the server A Base is pointless as we will not have the number to operate it Im asuming your taking that from the Seal team server But it will not work unless you have the Right amount of players to operate.

Maybe when we get more dedicated players it will work out but untill then i think its a No go.
The mobile MHQ offers what we need for small teams to get around the map.

no man. you can fill a stationary base with AIs to keep it secured. if you go with a MHQ there will be a lot of shit happening, people will be moving it and you're not sure where to fallback. KEEP IT SIMPLE, we want to keep stuff as same, safe and easy to understand as possible.

+ it will work due to dedicated pilots.

My point of it not working is IF we have 10 people on the server by rights everyone knows that theres almost always gona be 4 of those guys who just want to fly And by giving them that they will jump in a bird do nothing to help the team and Building a fanbase of it becomes harder because people split up haveing 6 guys on the ground 2 cas 2 transport is absolutly Useless and makes it tuff on everyone to try and get people to listen and play as a team. When we have the people to permit it in the long term and if the server starts filling a lot then sure go ahead but giving people options to just jump in things and leave the main force be.. will just get abused like crazy people aint gona want to work with the team when they can get in an a10 and go bomb stuff... With an MHQ all you have to do is keep in in once place maybe rather centeral to the map, People are going to understand not to move it because thats why a majority come to ACE so that they dont have idiots ruining things like that... An mhq is as simple as it gets and just as effective to use for a small force.. It allows more intimacy and people will enjoy playing under your rules and leading.

Castor =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

works better with stationary safe base :)

Tell me how, please. If base spawns at shithole, it takes like 3 minutes to move it and set it again. AI guards? Are you kidding me, bots are useless.
Don't get me wrong, i like your direction, i just don't think we should fix stuff that's not broken and been part of the game for ages.

How do 'new' members get to play on that server? I play 7 days a week in the Public VG Insurgency server.....and don't get me wrong, I love it!!

PITN has been very helpful is guiding the Public players and new to ArmA players (when I say helpful I also mean patient, lol).

Just thought I would ask.....cheers!

That last Change is Based on the good server the Seal team 3 are running but To be honest... It dosent premote a Massive operation where you need all this stuff.. all you need is communication Listen to other people One helicopter at base can Surfice to all needs and a couple of Jeeps is fine fire power Of course if the server becomes very popular and overflowing than we will probebly think about a more permantant base because of the people flowing through but for the mean time its really really not needed and just makes Time to AO longer in most situations..

And i don't think that's even the problem. There's a lot of people who play in arma, lot of people play with ACE. If you want to have all those people on our servers, you have to work with public. There's more than 2000 people in Arma 2 OA group in xfire, use it, use youtube, steam - there are 258 people in VG group and over 70000 people in OA group, reddit, twitter, stumbleupon, facebook, whatever. What we need here is people to get down there and say "hey guys, we have this great server running, come and play with us"
Arma is awesome, Insurgency is awesome, you don't have to fix that.
Make server popular, and it always will be full.

Reaper LAN_WROTE ...

How do 'new' members get to play on that server? I play 7 days a week in the Public VG Insurgency server.....and don't get me wrong, I love it!!

PITN has been very helpful is guiding the Public players and new to ArmA players (when I say helpful I also mean patient, lol).

Just thought I would ask.....cheers!

You need to use SIX updater to install mods and after that you are good. Check this thread. http://www.veterans-gaming.com/vg-plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?15005

IF we are to give people the options to jump in helicopters at will, please make so that they have to be in TS, this way anyone else in TS can quickly get hold of them. and on the matter of planes, no, just no, planes are way to attractive, and people always end up crashing them some stupid ass place or attacking a box "because it was on the HUD", turns out that box was a friendly jeep. if planes are gonna be implemented, lock them for VG members only.

thanks Wooz! good points there. and also Outlanders is completely right. there is a massive mount of willing ACE/ACRE players without a proper server to play in, atm they have to make due with 15th MEU, [ST3] and UO.

also dont gun down my perma base idea right away, we want as versatile gameplay as possible meaning we need a lot of assets, also if we set a permanent base now we DONT have to fix it later, i made this thread for ideas like wooz gave me, not for gunning down the only ideas i have.

i think that the fixed base works well for domi and an MHQ works good for insurgency, but i think what were really need to do here, is to find something in between.

I might have a suggestion here, 2 bases, an FOB somewhere that has humwee?s and maybe 1 transport chopper, and a "main" base, with heavier (yet limited)CAS options, and maybe make it so that you can "travel between" the 2 bases via flagpole.

and now that i?ve written all this down, i know where i got the idea from, the CLAafghan mission...

seems to me the ACE/ACRE Insurgency at Fallujah mission works just fine as is. Sure, it's annoying that when the mission starts, the MHQ is somewhere you may not want it, but like Outlanders said, it's not hard to move it real fast.

Made so many raids into the city from that MHQ. I usually like it in the East, South of the MSR.
Changing the skins to another faction is more of a cosmetic thing, I suppose if someone were bored with the skins, we could implement the hi-res Rangers.

Flying in Fallujah is pretty risky, but other maps it's not as bad. ACE adds very nice counter measures for some helicopters. We've used an LAV in it's place with good success.

I really love playing ACE/ACRE Insurgency in Fallujah. It could use a touch of our MSO Project - in a few areas. This could be rather difficult, if not impossible. But since we're talking about wild ideas, I thought I'd throw it in there.

Nothing big, maybe just saveable player loadout or player state and location. Trust me, it's not easy to work with either MSO or Insurgency on paper, so don't get your hopes up.

!hi

ok, I think you voiced the other in the base matter but I still think we should have a stationary base.
you can just fill it with so much more, multiple types of choppers, planes and armored vehicles, but since so many of you still are with the MHQ idea so it will probably be used.

adding MSO features and ranger skins + the fallujah map in insurgency are both pretty neat things but this will cause huge problems with getting people to join our server. we need to keep it as simple as possible.

so far that Ive noticed is that the more mods you have the harder it is to get people on your server.