Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Some suggestions for insurgency

Jager

Castor =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

but this is where you are not entirely right, I mean check out the [ST3] ACE/ACRE insurgency's both Zargabad and Lingor Island server, they have been to constantly max BOTH servers (in total 60 players, most of them are non-Clan) without us even hearing much about them (at least me), also 15th MEU is doing quite good as well with it's Takistan map.

also the amount of teamplay and communication these people reach is beyond our imagination, especially in vanilla INS.

I beg to differ castor, I play there some times, Not often to practice my flight skills as a lot of VG know. (It bares usefull to have combat experience from any Place) and they dont get a full server that often, and i know the Zargabad one Is never really over 10 people. I Compleatly dissagree about the Comms, They are all in Teamspeak thats a step, but few communicate the only communication goes between clan members and air traffic, and sometimes even the airtraffic dosent communicate and end up with fatal axedent.

I really strongly belive that they only get there servers with players in because its stated in the name "SEAL TEAM 3 RECRUITMENT SERVER"

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With any game, you have different groups of players. The mod user group vs. the vanilla group is what we see here.

No point comparing apples to oranges. Players who use ACE mods and play in those servers usually stick to it. Same with Vanilla players - if they don't have anyone to push them into playing mods, they may just continue to play Vanilla.

There is a percentage of the current players in either catagory that we can expect to attract to our servers. They don't come from nowhere - as in, they are already playing these games somewhere. It takes more than another copy of a popular mission to fill a server full with people who play that game mode. With Vanilla, you can bet to a certain degree that "if you build it, they will come", but with Mods, it takes a bit more. They only fill up once they already have players, usually.

Unless, or until, we happen upon a Mod set and Mission we can all play often, we can expect to always be struggling for player base on a modded server. Promotion may help, but you see the difference in running a Vanilla server vs. Mods.

This is why we will always have, as long as we can, the Vanilla COOP Insurgency. It is a place where people can really play - 1 man, 1 squad, or however many wish to work with a plan. Small improvements should be implemented, again, carefully.

COOP Ins is popular in part because it's often highly populated. If that changes, many of these points will become moot. Just gotta go with the flow of the players online at the time - which is why the server rotation and default config are already set to a formula we've found to be popular. While in game, an admin can get popular vote and change these parameters to suit the crowd.

Just be sure to run the next map before abandoning an altered parameter COOP Ins server to the public.
!coffee